#1 Posted by robheath (6 posts) -

I purchased the edition from gamestop which comes with the plasma lamp. I got it yesterday and it worked fine for a few minutes and then it started to die out. Now when I turn the lamp on, nothing happens aside from the blue light base lighting up. Anyone else having this issue with the lamp? I want to return it but that means I'd have to return the whole package being that it came in with the game. But the game works fine and I want to play it. *sigh* What to do... what to do....

#2 Posted by robheath (6 posts) -

PS. The reason I am posting this here is I want to know if anyone else is having this issue. If it is widespread I don't even feel like it would be worth my time to send it back and get another if majority of the lamps are faulty.

#4 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4236 posts) -

Return to McDonalds. Ask for a happier meal.

#5 Posted by robheath (6 posts) -

Seems like this issue is somewhat widespread. http://www.amazon.com/Plasma-lamp-broken/forum/Fx1BZE14AF3U1Z/Tx1CMB2R52VZUA8/1?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B009LWQ8FE

#6 Edited by Demoskinos (15019 posts) -

Ouch. That collectors edition was $150 too wasn't it? =\

#7 Posted by robheath (6 posts) -

@demoskinos: Yup. I contacted gamestop about a return. I am going to guess they will want the whole package back. If that is the case, I am just going to keep it. It still makes for a cool shelf piece when lit up without the plasma.

#8 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

@robheath said:

@demoskinos: Yup. I contacted gamestop about a return. I am going to guess they will want the whole package back. If that is the case, I am just going to keep it. It still makes for a cool shelf piece when lit up without the plasma.

Was the extra $90 for the lamp or other extras, too?

Seems like a lot for an iffy lamp (even if it did work).

#9 Posted by firecracker22 (553 posts) -

Damn. I nearly bought the CE, too. Decided against it, but man I saw a video of it and it did look really nice. I'm still considering buying it for the 360 if I find it at a lower price in Bestbuy or something later this year.

I'd say go for a return. For something that was the main reason for the $150 bump from $60, I'd say contact Konami and get it replaced.

#10 Posted by awesomeusername (4219 posts) -

@geteveryone: Yupp, $90 for it. The edition only comes with the game, soundtrack and steelbook case. Truly a waste of money.

#11 Edited by Krathoon (258 posts) -

The lamp is touchy about temperature. If it is too cold, it will not work. It is in the manual. I moved mine closer to the floor and it held the charge.

It will probably work even better after winter.

#12 Edited by Krathoon (258 posts) -

Eh. It seems like my lamp was working due to things laying around it. It is now giving off a high pitched sound when it runs. So, time to return it.