#1 Posted by Icemael (6846 posts) -

Enter the Konami Code on the title screen.

I think I might try Very Hard on my first playthrough.

#2 Posted by Icemael (6846 posts) -

Let it be known that starting on Very Hard is not a good idea. This isn't like Dishonored or certain other modern games where the words mean nothing, when this game says Very Hard it means very hard.

#3 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4748 posts) -

That is neat. I beat the game on normal and might go back and try out hard. I would never jump into very hard. You are a brave soul.

#4 Posted by drac96 (767 posts) -

I'm going to have to try very hard, because playing hard with all of the upgrades feels like playing normal again.

#5 Posted by xyzygy (10595 posts) -

I'm thinking about doing that as well, but I kind of want some progression, as the game is very short. I think I'm just good start and medium then replay each one progressively harder. I like slowly progressing in skill much more because you can savour it and relish in how badass you're becoming, instead of learning it all at once.

#6 Posted by Reisz (1621 posts) -

That's a pretty damn cool, in-joke. I'm with @xyzygy though, if you can put the normal campaign away in one sitting I'm going to work my way up the difficulty ladder, get some more time out of it.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
#7 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7097 posts) -

That's actually pretty clever.

#8 Posted by StarvingGamer (11189 posts) -

Where are the B and A buttons on my PS3 controller!?!?!?!?!?

#9 Posted by cannonballBAM (705 posts) -

This guy broke the game.

Loading Video...

#10 Posted by Sanious (799 posts) -
#11 Edited by rolanthas (261 posts) -

Very Hard and Revengeance are somewhat balanced for upgraded blades / stats. It can be a bit of a bog to whittle down enemies when going in vanilla.

Definitely worth a try with a fresh save though.

@xyzygy said:

I'm thinking about doing that as well, but I kind of want some progression, as the game is very short. I think I'm just good start and medium then replay each one progressively harder. I like slowly progressing in skill much more because you can savour it and relish in how badass you're becoming, instead of learning it all at once.

if you are familiar with the genre, I strongly suggest starting from Hard. It will force you to learn almost every mechanic properly, bar maybe cancels, to get through the game.

#12 Posted by Demoskinos (17286 posts) -

@sanious said:

@cannonballbam: Not really braking it, he's using a wig.

Seeing as the game doesn't disable trophies when using wigs it kind of encourages using it honestly.

#13 Posted by cannonballBAM (705 posts) -

@sanious said:

Seeing as the game doesn't disable trophies when using wigs it kind of encourages using it honestly.

Oh I totally agree. I just think it's great that platinum puts those elements into their games. Voilà.

Loading Video...

#14 Posted by BoOzak (1397 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

@sanious said:

Oh I totally agree. I just think it's great that platinum puts those elements into their games. Voilà.

Loading Video...

That Boss took me so long to beat, watching this makes me sad ;(

And sure you can use wigs, but what fun is that. (but in this case I'll condone it, fuck Armstrong)

#15 Posted by DonutFever (4013 posts) -

Played it on Hard my first playthrough.

Took me 12 hours to beat.

Don't play MGR on Hard your first time.

#16 Posted by miva2 (240 posts) -

@donutfever: I'm playing it on hard. It's fucking awesome!!!! I'm not very far though. Only just entered the sewer.

I've evolved so much in just the first stage.