#1 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -

Enter the Konami Code on the title screen.

I think I might try Very Hard on my first playthrough.

#2 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -

Let it be known that starting on Very Hard is not a good idea. This isn't like Dishonored or certain other modern games where the words mean nothing, when this game says Very Hard it means very hard.

#3 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

That is neat. I beat the game on normal and might go back and try out hard. I would never jump into very hard. You are a brave soul.

#4 Posted by drac96 (667 posts) -

I'm going to have to try very hard, because playing hard with all of the upgrades feels like playing normal again.

#5 Posted by xyzygy (9892 posts) -

I'm thinking about doing that as well, but I kind of want some progression, as the game is very short. I think I'm just good start and medium then replay each one progressively harder. I like slowly progressing in skill much more because you can savour it and relish in how badass you're becoming, instead of learning it all at once.

#6 Posted by Reisz (1461 posts) -

That's a pretty damn cool, in-joke. I'm with @xyzygy though, if you can put the normal campaign away in one sitting I'm going to work my way up the difficulty ladder, get some more time out of it.

#7 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7050 posts) -

That's actually pretty clever.

#8 Posted by StarvingGamer (7995 posts) -

Where are the B and A buttons on my PS3 controller!?!?!?!?!?

#9 Posted by cannonballBAM (590 posts) -

This guy broke the game.

#10 Posted by Sanious (793 posts) -
#11 Edited by rolanthas (242 posts) -

Very Hard and Revengeance are somewhat balanced for upgraded blades / stats. It can be a bit of a bog to whittle down enemies when going in vanilla.

Definitely worth a try with a fresh save though.

@xyzygy said:

I'm thinking about doing that as well, but I kind of want some progression, as the game is very short. I think I'm just good start and medium then replay each one progressively harder. I like slowly progressing in skill much more because you can savour it and relish in how badass you're becoming, instead of learning it all at once.

if you are familiar with the genre, I strongly suggest starting from Hard. It will force you to learn almost every mechanic properly, bar maybe cancels, to get through the game.

#12 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

@sanious said:

@cannonballbam: Not really braking it, he's using a wig.

Seeing as the game doesn't disable trophies when using wigs it kind of encourages using it honestly.

#13 Posted by cannonballBAM (590 posts) -

@sanious said:

Seeing as the game doesn't disable trophies when using wigs it kind of encourages using it honestly.

Oh I totally agree. I just think it's great that platinum puts those elements into their games. Voilà.

#14 Posted by BoOzak (881 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

@sanious said:

Oh I totally agree. I just think it's great that platinum puts those elements into their games. Voilà.

That Boss took me so long to beat, watching this makes me sad ;(

And sure you can use wigs, but what fun is that. (but in this case I'll condone it, fuck Armstrong)

#15 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -

Played it on Hard my first playthrough.

Took me 12 hours to beat.

Don't play MGR on Hard your first time.

#16 Posted by miva2 (225 posts) -

@donutfever: I'm playing it on hard. It's fucking awesome!!!! I'm not very far though. Only just entered the sewer.

I've evolved so much in just the first stage.