#1 Posted by Nightriff (5080 posts) -

Anyone know if you need to start the game fresh to obtain trophies or if I can go in with what you've already earned and be fine?

#2 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

@Nightriff: They're not retroactive according to the patch disclaimer so yeah, you'll need to start a fresh new game if you want to get them trophies.

#3 Edited by Lego_My_Eggo (1052 posts) -

you need to make a new save file to earn trophies, so you cant use your old stuff. I think you can use the ver.1.0 save files with the patched 2.0 ver of the game, but not the other way around, its just that you cant earn trophies.

#4 Edited by xyzygy (9988 posts) -

OK So can someone please clarify this: I have a really awesome save of the game from like 5 years ago when it first came out. It's at the end, ready for another playthrough (there are 3 stars beside the save file) so does this mean that this save cannot unlock any trophes at all, even if I fulfill the requirements for each trophy?

I hope what I'm asking is clear. Another way to say it is, do the achievements unlock if i'm starting another New Game + on a pre-update save?

#5 Edited by wok (18 posts) -

@xyzygy: You will not get trophies with that save, but you can still use that save if you want.

#6 Posted by ThunderSlash (1724 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

OK So can someone please clarify this: I have a really awesome save of the game from like 5 years ago when it first came out. It's at the end, ready for another playthrough (there are 3 stars beside the save file) so does this mean that this save cannot unlock any trophes at all, even if I fulfill the requirements for each trophy?

I hope what I'm asking is clear. Another way to say it is, do the achievements unlock if i'm starting another New Game + on a pre-update save?

You gotta start a fresh game if you want your trophies.

#7 Edited by xyzygy (9988 posts) -