BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoOzak
No Caption Provided

By far my favourite part of Peace Walker the Fulton recovery system will now allow the extraction of animals, vehicles and anti-aircraft guns which would supposedly be added to Mother Base which will now be fully explorable.

Personally I was slightly let down by Ground Zeroes but hearing about the base building stuff and the return of things like the cardboard box and Fulton recovery gives me hope that the Phantom Pain will still have that MGS flavour that was somewhat absent in Ground Zeroes.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Finally I can continue my terrible habit of shooting everyone in the head with a tranquilizer pistol before attaching balloons to them and press-ganging them into my army of mercenaries!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Also, your horse will shit when necessary. Yup, this is sounding like an MGS game all right. Especially excited that Phantom Pain will incorporate all of the base building/customisation stuff from Peace Walker, as it was basically the only good part about that whole game. So, having all that alongside what is undoubtedly much superior gameplay, and I think we're onto a winner.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4 chaser324  Moderator

If this game manages to just be a bigger and better Peace Walker, I will be totally down with that. I disliked a lot of the concessions Peace Walker made to be more handheld and co-op friendly, simply removing those design considerations from the equation should make for a better end product.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I'm so excited for this game. I was kinda bummed at first at Fulton returning, because it's so goofy. I feel like I may be the only one, but I really liked how "realistic" (never mind normal video game stuff like being shot hella times) Ground Zeroes was...but then I saw that picture with the sheep, and now I'm 100% back on board.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By EXTomar

I was thinking the same thing as Chaser324. If this is just a fancier console version of Peace Walker than that would be awesome!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fantastic. Hopefully Miller still gets pissed off when you go over the limit.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@yummylee said:

Also, your horse will shit when necessary.

Good, i liked what i saw in Ground Zeroes, but i was a little worried that they where going a little to far with the serious dark tone. Because what makes a Metal Gear game for me is that balance of goofy and serious moments that they have, so all this crazy unnecessary stuff like a horse having to poop, kidnapping people, stealing cars and AA guns with a balloon for my private army is what i was looking for.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pyrodactyl

People hoping for tonal consistency will be DISAPOINTED.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno, Big Boss was clearly losing his mind in the E3 trailer this year, that seems consistent with capturing sheep via balloons.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@pyrodactyl said:

I dunno, Big Boss was clearly losing his mind in the E3 trailer this year, that seems consistent with capturing sheep via balloons.

Also, who cares? The series has been like this before. There has always been silly crap alongside serious moments.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Corevi

I hope there's some radio calls from Kaz saying "THERE'S TOO MANY FUCKING SHEEP." Still super hype for this game.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope there's some radio calls from Kaz saying "THERE'S TOO MANY FUCKING SHEEP." Still super hype for this game.

From what I was reading, it sounds like Ocelot does some of the radio stuff, at least early game, so we can look forward to Troy Baker complaining about too many sheep too.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"We are Diamond Goats."

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By artelinarose
@artelinarose said:

"We are Diamond Goats."

chevres sans frontieres

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By Seppli

Like a 50k $ Fulton pick-up for some random sheep, this just makes too much sense to me. No really. I mean it.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That's great, I really disliked having to call down the helicopter everytime I extracted someone, took up way too much time.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Here's some gameplay of it in action.

Loading Video...

Seems pretty awesome! I love how you can do it to people you interrogate. If I remember correctly Peace Walker just had hostages slump to the ground with their hands behind their head, far less dramatic.

Cory_Sthokely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cory_Sthokely

@artisanbreads said:

@mooseymcman said:

@pyrodactyl said:

Also, who cares? The series has been like this before. There has always been silly crap alongside serious moments.

Yes they have done that in a PORTABLE which means that the game can't be taken seriously in terms of gameplay, i am the only one concerned with the fulton recovery system? anyone knows the negative impact it will cause in the gameplay especially in stealth mode? how you could possibly immerse in game when you can hang up bodies with a balloon? no one will notice it flying up there? this utterlly nonsensical.