• 75 results
Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all, just letting everybody now that we are actually getting MGS stuff out of Gamescom on the 5th of August. Some people are quoting a 3pm EST time, but I have no idea where they are getting that from.

Will update as the stuff comes out. If mods think my two threads are overkill feel free to let me know and do what has to be done.

Edit: I would not be expecting a great big Kojima directed trailer like the Elegia one. Chances are it'll be a generic video game trailer made by some guy at Konami, so probably don't get too excited over that one.

Edit 2: Thanks for whoever posted it in the comments, here's the trailer, gameplay should come up in the next half a day or so. Nothing major in the trailer, though there is a lot of new footage and spoken dialogue. Probably has the largest presence of Psycho Mantis out of all of them.

Edit 3: Okay, finally able to do this. Sorry all for the lateness. The gameplay came out while I was soundly sleeping and then I had 8 hours of uni.

There's not too much I can say that has not already been said. The FOB stuff seems stupid fun, and it's neat to be for once in the shoes of the base manager while a Snake runs around raising hell.

I have absolutely no clue how Konami let the P.T. emblem in this gameplay in.

This was possibly the most perfect gameplay video Kojima could have shown to really kick the hype machine in gear. Just the sheer amount of stuff and how all that stuff interacts with other stuff and other human players is just incredible. Could have sworn that I heard even Sean get a bit emotional at the end there.

https://twitter.com/konamieu/status/628115431241437185

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind of only want to see the FOB invasion gameplay, I'd rather be surprised by the rest of the Motherbase stuff, and absolutely don't want to see another trailer with one month to go.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

After a quick glance at that title i assumed some portion of MGSV was going to take place in space and was like "WHAA?", now im kinda disappointed.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd be happy with that last trailer being Kojima's last. It was very well done. I'm hoping the gameplay is more on MGO, as we already know a lot about the base game.

Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By ShadowKnight508

Looking forward to anything MGSV-related, even if it isn't a Kojima-produced trailer. As ViciousBearMauling mentioned above, perhaps they will show off some more MGO gameplay with the game coming out next month.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay:

1. Report comes out about working conditions at Konami.
  2. PC release is now day-and-date with console versions.
  3. Positive preview impressions.
  4. Trailer released

All hands to the PR pump. I've never seen them backed into a corner like this. Ever. This is Konami's final form. Run now to escape the blast. Or just watch. Explosions are cool.

AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7: So how many bases are going to be absolutely covered in Paz posters?

ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShadowKnight508

@n7: Those images look pretty sharp. Judging by those images at Mother Base, I'm guessing they will be showing off what happens when you raid another player's base (or they raid yours) and how to suceed/deal with it. Only two days until the trailer/gameplay!

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adequatelyprepared: N7: A Man Deprived of his Waifu...

@n7: Those images look pretty sharp. Judging by those images at Mother Base, I'm guessing they will be showing off what happens when you raid another player's base (or they raid yours) and how to suceed/deal with it. Only two days until the trailer/gameplay!

Yeah the demo will be a Mother Base facility demo as well as showing off the FOB gameplay. You can see Snake as an enemy in there.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Have they confirmed if you can turn invasion off? I really don't want to have to deal with any online players in the main story.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have they confirmed if you can turn invasion off? I really don't want to have to deal with any online players in the main story.

You can turn it off.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trailer is up, ladies and gents:

Loading Video...

My guess is that's it until the game launches, unless they put out an accolades reel as the reviews hit.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

That looks like it has a ton of cutscenes.

Not too stoked about Sutherfields voice but I'll get used to it.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like a generic trailer from Konami.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: He sounds really good in the cassette tapes from Ground Zeroes, far far better than David Hayter did in MGS4 (I know Old Snake != Big Boss, but he sounded like a parody of himself). The trailers give him stilted quality which isn't apparent when he's actually having a full conversation.

It's personal taste, obviously, but I liked Hayter in MGS 3, and I've enjoyed Sutherland's performance in Ground Zeroes.

AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasaioni said:

Looks like a generic trailer from Konami.

The only real reason we were looking for this was just for any new footage. I don't think that anyone was expecting much, and the Elegia trailer will most likely be remembered as the last 'true' trailer for MGS5.

Sources do say that the demo tomorrow-ish is something done by Kojima.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@humanity said:

That looks like it has a ton of cutscenes.

I wonder what the ratio is? That article that came out recently said there weren't that many but it certainly doesn't look like it's skimping on them either. MGS has had a pretty odd way of handling gameplay to say the least. Lots of people love the first game but as someone who came to it much later (like Drew), it just comes off to me as Bossfight: The Game whereas MGS4 has too many cutscenes and too many sections where you're given control for all of a few seconds before going into another cutscene. After I completed the game I felt dissatisfied as it's the best playing game in the main line series yet you end up playing so little of it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrcraggle:I played them all when they came out so they all seemed very appropriate for their respective time periods. The first game never felt too short and despite all the cutscenes in MGS4 I never got the feeling as some that I was simply watching a movie - it just felt like a natural cinematic evolution of the series.

@mirado: I just got used to Hayter and quite frankly came to enjoy the goofy voice. For me it was pretty goofy from the very beginning but that is what made it so great. I'm sure Kiefer will be fine although he eerily sounds a bit like Dinklage in Destiny - kind of divorced from the actual game world. There is a good reason why we have a very clear distinction between on-screen actors and voice actors - it's not as simple as just reading off your lines into a microphone.

Thatguy060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

New Gameplay trailer and oh man does FOB look fun as hell.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll not be touching the FOB stuff. People are just better at games than me. I really, really want this game now.

ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thatguy060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viciousbearmauling: Fucking Wormholes man. What if......this shit like......an alternate reality time line.....but with ZOE refrences

finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The gameplay trailer is the last thing of MGS5 I will be touching. I could not be more hyped for this game, I booked a week off work! I have yet to be disappointed by a single thing Kojima/Konami have put out so far.

I finished MGS 4 in less than a day and hope to spend an entire week on 5, I will be all over FOB!

ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kasaioni

I'm starting to wonder if they just straight-up cut out some cutscenes from the preview builds people have been playing.

One thing I will say, this game looks great fort being cross-gen. I wish it was entirely current gen, but oh well. Konami and KojiPro probably want to reach as many players as possible; albeit for different reasons I imagine.

Also if I were Big Boss, I would have fired that guy who said "awesomeness" in the demo. I bet he's a C-rank in all of his skills.

Thatguy060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viciousbearmauling: Oh......Oh fuck....uhh I need to go take a breather and look at my conspiracy charts.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flying a chopper around your mother base while listening to "take on me" ..

Yah, this is Metal Gear

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

You can tell Kojima was involved in this gameplay presentation as "PT", written in the same color and font we've come to know, is to be found printed in about a dozen places or so all over Motherbase.

Guy is hilarious unsubtle about his feelings on how that particular project ended up, and honestly, who can blame him? Luckily it seems he and Del Toro are talking about another horror project already.

Edit: LOOK AT THE PUPPY!

Edit Edit: Look at the zebra! Look at the bear! You're fultoning the bear via it's hind leg. It looks really confused that it can't reach you with it's paw, but pretty okay with the scenario as a whole! Maaaaan, I can't wait to take you on, PP.

ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The trailer wasn't anything special (other than seeing some new areas that Big Boss is exploring and seeing more of what looks to be a young Psycho Mantis as well as the flaming Volgin towards the end of the trailer), but with less than a month to go, my body is ready for this game. Can't wait to finally play this gem (if Konami didn't screw it up in the aftermath of the Kojima situation) when it arrives!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I want to live out this game as a bloodsoaked, unkempt nihilistic Big Boss. Fuck your bucket, Ocelot. And I want the right to run my oil platform like Konami. Your only way off is with the Sharks.

Playing as the bad guy. Let me.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably hold off on FOB until I finish the game and get my fill of the single player stuff, but holy shit does all of this look so fucking good. Even though it was super simple, I really enjoyed the Mother Base stuff from Peace Walker. This is practically making it look like it could have been a game all by itself. Losing my mind for the rest of this month waiting for this thing.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, so I'm not crazy, that shrapnel horn is different sizes in different scenes, right? Are they gonna pull a Paragon/Renegade shenaniganopolis with Big Boss? Have they already confirmed this and I'm just ill-informed?

Thatguy060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Thatguy060

@crembaw: A system like that hasn't been mentioned but MGS has always had little things in place depending on if you kill or don't.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy fucking shit, wormholes, stealth camo, Zone of the Enders references, the size of that fucking base...

I'm too hype. Someone calm me down.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Gah maintaining willpower and not watching. I was so close to watching!

Can't wait.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I wasn't big on the Mother Base stuff in Peace Walker, but this looks great. Not only does it seem like there's a bunch of ways it can affect the game while you're on mission, but just simply walking around something you have had a hand in building will offer it's own gratification.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would not be surprised if PT is unlockable in game through the Konami code or some shit. Hell stick all the cancelled ZOE 3 assets in there as well!

I can't handle this!

EDIT: Also it seems like you can't just sit at the goal as the defender when the attacker can kill your recruits to draw you out.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude. This game. This fucking game.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

You can Fulton bears.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, this game looks too stinkin' good. I couldn't be more excited.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By Onemanarmyy

I'm so surprised by how big the motherbase can become. And the FOB stuff looks really fun and fleshed out.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguy060 said:

@viciousbearmauling: Fucking Wormholes man. What if......this shit like......an alternate reality time line.....but with ZOE refrences

What if you can R&D an Orbital Frame...

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, I no longer care about the price.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@canteu: Considering I've put 300 hours into Peace Walker, I think $74 CDN will justify the amount of hours I'll put into this game.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Canteu

@kasaioni: My thoughts exactly. £46 is about $72 US ($95 CDN) so we're still being ripped off comparatively, however.

Thatguy060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Thatguy060

@thatguy060 said:

What if you can R&D an Orbital Frame...

Stop tempting me with the impossible.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That was a sick trailer! Currently playing through MGS 4 for the first time. I played 1-3 all for the first time earlier this year. MGS is quickly becoming one of my favorite game series ever.