MGS V PC Release Moved up to September 1st!

• 51 results
Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mirado

In possibly the best news I've ever heard, Konami Europe has confirmed that the PC release will now match the console's. Plus, you get Ground Zeroes for free if you pre-order (what, you didn't 100% it a hundred times by now?), and everyone who buys it on Steam at all will receive "bonus content in the form of a collector’s video (showing off behind the scenes footage) and a documentary, as well as a ‘Venom Snake’ emblem and Mother Base Staff DLC."

Shit, now I need to cancel that reservation for that bunker in the woods I was stocking for two weeks.

EDIT: A few notes on the PC port coming from the Steam page:

• "After our PC launch of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, back in December, many players have asked us to separate the graphics options and allow for greater control over depth of field and other graphic settings. We’ve listened to this feedback and are implementing separate settings for a variety of the controls related to graphics. This will be implemented for in-game activity, but I’m afraid we can’t change setting differences for cutscenes."

• "For our Steam community, we can confirm the creation of Steam Trading Card support when playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain."

• "Finally we’d like to mention that full support for custom soundtracks via MP3 on your PC is planned for implementation."

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MGO delayed so that pc can move up two weeks.

One must live and one must die.

MGO is made by a different studio so not really...

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, i was planning on buying it for the PS4 but just the other day i got one of those GeForce GTX card codes from my brother and now with these news i might skip the PS4 version entirely. I know it's stupid, but i really want that physical copy though...

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats great news. I wonder if this is so they can primarily put out PC review code, given the praise the GZ port got.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well now I don't know which version I should buy.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

The downside is MGO delayed until January for PC.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way to counteract all that bad publicity you've been getting from that report Konami.

"We were able to push the release date back because the PC porting team is chained to their desks".

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

GREAT NEWS

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SaFt

So will people with Nvidia codes get Ground Zeroes as well? Have anyone here pre-order on steam? Did you get GZ as soon as you pre-ordered?

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Already preordered the collectors edition for consoles, but ill get this too and play it in 1440P instead.
Really glad about this, couldn't wait before.

lovcol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lovcol

@saft:I didn't pre-order, but it makes sense that you would get GZ right away.

Your Nvidia code probably doesn't count as pre-order though..

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

You know its going to be broken...

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nightriff said:

You know its going to be broken...

Wasn't Ground Zeroes highly praised for being such a good port when it came out? I doubt they'd bring up the release date unless they were confident about it meeting expectations.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

@cale said:

Wasn't Ground Zeroes highly praised for being such a good port when it came out? I doubt they'd bring up the release date unless they were confident about it meeting expectations.

Also came out 9 months afterwards, this is day and date, we also know Konami wants to get this out as soon as possible and move onto other things.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-ordered on steam two minutes after I read it. I don't pre-order games, not even Metal Gear but GZ's quality makes it ok this one time for me.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lovcol: Yeah that's pretty much what i expected. I got the game for free so i have nothing to complain about.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By emfromthesea

Can anyone who has played the PC version of Ground Zeroes tell me if, when using a PS4 controller, you can configure the U.I to the Playstation U.I? I always find it a little awkward using my DS4 when most PC games use the Xbox U.I for their controller layouts. It's a minor thing, but it might make the difference between me purchasing the console version or the PC version of The Phantom Pain.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I hate the fact this makes me incredibly suspicious of the game now.

makes me wonder if kojima is already completely out of the building at Konami. And whether the game is truly ready or not, by Konami's purposes it's "done". I just don't trust anything they are doing now.

man I hope it works right at launch, I really want this game to be great,

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Shindig

So... it's gonna work, right? That's the thing that matters with PC ports in 2015.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@shindig: Same for console games, really.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True but, if you're bumping a PC release by a matter of weeks (?) you have to wonder if it's super done or whether they're trying to smash and grab as many sales as possible.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunbrozak: No, they only use the Xbox U.I. for Ground Zeroes, not sure if that's going to change for TPP. But I doubt it.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasaioni Thanks for the info.

@shindig said:

True but, if you're bumping a PC release by a matter of weeks (?) you have to wonder if it's super done or whether they're trying to smash and grab as many sales as possible.

You'd think after how steam refunds played into the Arkham Knight incident that companies would be less prone to trying a smash and grab. But who knows.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

£45 for TPP and a free copy of GZ. I don't want to bite just yet. Maybe after finishing MGS4

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They also want £46 for it which is insane. That's just over 150% the price of a normal PC game.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d: That's about $71 USD, or only $10 (£7) more than what I'm paying. And you get Ground Zeroes.

Does the UK usually get super cheap PC game prices?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mirado said:

@alexw00d: That's about $71 USD, or only $10 (£7) more than what I'm paying. And you get Ground Zeroes.

Does the UK usually get super cheap PC game prices?

Super cheap? No. But £30 has been the standard for a while if you take into account the £35-40 rrp and the usual steam 10-20% off at launch price. I mean, the US pretty much always has cheaper game releases than the UK. First example to my mind was $40 and £40 for Europa Universalis 4, which I still paid, 'cause I'm a fool.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d: Oh, ok. Just by looking at the Steam best sellers, GTA 5, Witcher 3, Elite Dangerous, Fallout 4, and ARMA 3 are all $60 (£39), so I didn't really see why £45 was so crazy for two games, even if one is short and already out.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome! I'm sad I just bought Ground Zeroes during the steam summer sale, but it was only$5, so whatever.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take that Rocket League.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is so freaking great. Here I was worried about having to go dark for two weeks to avoid any potential spoilers ever.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nice, i got it for free with my card and probably won't support another konami game until that report is proven false or they change how they treat employes.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Batman, I'm afraid to trust again...

ds9143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope this port isn't a train wreck....

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#35  Edited By mike

@ds9143: Shouldn't be, Ground Zeroes was fine.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I'd be bummed if this came out broken, trust me, because I want to play it. However, with the refund system in place I don't see anything to bug out about as far as worrying about the release.

Also, given how overall positive PC releases and ports have become I'm not going to worry about every release like this because they messed up Batman.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@saft: It's not stupid, I feel the same way! Also I feel kinda... weird playing metal gear solid on something other than a sony console. They're just so intertwined in my mind

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why must you make me so conflicted?

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Canteu

£45? For a PC game? I don't think so. What is conversion rates? Who knows? How do they work? Who knows?

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Yeah, dawg! As good as the Ground Zeroes PC version was, I've no worries about this one. Hyped now.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SaFt

@tajasaurus: Yeah, i know what you mean. But it just feels kind of silly to really feel the need to have a physical copy just to have it on my shelf when all that should really matter is the contents of the game itself.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mike: I'd like to hope so, but there are a few major differences here: they had months after the console release to get that GZ port out, GZ is tiny compared to what we've seen/been told of Phantom Pain, and Kojima productions still existed at the time of the GZ port/Konami probably wants to be done with this game ASAP.

It'll probably be fine, but there's good reason for people to be skeptical.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, I thought it said Sept 1st on Steam anyway....maybe I mixed them up.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Now they would have to be giving me some ridiculously special exclusive offering AND a substantial price discount for me to be thinking of pre-ordering even in the case of a franchise that I reaaaaally like such as Metal Gear Solid. Thanks Batman!

I'll see what others think of the PC version first before making my decision. At the moment I'm still leaning towards ultimately playing the PS4 version.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunbrozak: I just tried it and there seem to be only Xbox prompts available. I checked in options as well and found nothing. A KJP staff member on the GZ Steam forum confirmed it and he also said that he was forwarding the request of PS4 button prompts for TPP to the developers. So no GZ prompts but maybe it'll be included for The Phantom Pain.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saft said:

...he also said that he was forwarding the request of PS4 button prompts for TPP to the developers.

Hopefully they have a phone in the Janitor's office.

deathfromace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@cale said:

Also came out 9 months afterwards, this is day and date, we also know Konami wants to get this out as soon as possible and move onto other things.

With the whole Batman fiasco I can't imagine another developer/publisher is willing to go through all the bad press and while normally the press part does not always matter with steam and many other services offering refunds I don't think they can afford to launch a completely broken game.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I think the TPP port is safe - the system reqs are the same as they were for Ground Zeroes, only they recommend more RAM (8GB vs GZ's 4). GZ runs on toasters and tamagotchi, so I'm hopeful for TPP.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By damodar

That's cool, the PC version of Ground Zeroes was fantastic and seemed really well optimised, so it's nice that what will probably be the best version of that game will be out day and date.

Will the behind the scenes video just be members of the Konami board taking turns between holding back the arms of various devs and punching them in the stomach?