One month to go. Final story predictions thread.

• 105 results
Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll One month to go. Final story predictions thread. (281 votes)

Yes 65%
No 35%

I wanted to make this both a thread about the story as well as having a poll.
Question to the poll is: "Will David Hayter make an appearance in any sort of capacity in MGS5?"

Well all, the time is almost upon us. Depending on when you started following this particular hype train, it may have been a long (almost) 3 years of constant teasing and picking apart every new trailer. But here it is, Metal Gear Solid V is only one month away. I figure it's about time we pitch our final predictions, if only so we have something we can come back to and laugh about. Here are mine.

-Young Mantis will become an ally of BB, and potentially be a buddy (gameplay-wise)
-Young Solid Snake will make an appearance, with Kojima probably ret-conning some light details so that it'll make sense that SS will not remember the encounter with BB.
-Skull Face will die early-ish in the game and continue to haunt BB, almost like some kind of phantom.
-There is a third open area not yet unveiled, and it is snow themed
-Kaz and BB will become enemies, and Ocelot will become disillusioned by BB's cause
-End of game will feature a time-skip to the time of Solid Snake's infiltration of Outer Heaven in Metal Gear 1, as a way of finally closing the loop on the series
-Paz is a result of Cipher's early experiments in cloning, explaining her apparent survival in the Elegia trailer
-I have no idea what the zombies are all about, but they are definitely related to Cipher and his plan to unite the world.

• 
Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still aboard the Ruse Cruise, as in another Raiden scenario. There's certainly something afoot with this game.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally subscribe to the time travel theory.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I predict it's gonna be bad, therefore I'm not playing it. There's too much that frustrates me as a longtime fan of the series.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Ocelot is Big Boss' best friend and most loyal ally. He will never become disillusioned to his cause. He believes in it seemingly more than even Big Boss.

I expect to see a young Sniper Wolf and some of the cast of FOXHOUND to make an appearance, as they all had some connection to Big Boss at one point or another. Young Mantis is already here so that takes care of him.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ezekiel said:

I predict it's gonna be bad, therefore I'm not playing it. There's too much that frustrates me as a longtime fan of the series.

Whatever! I sat through the slap in the face that was the end of MGS4. I'm ready to ride this series into the depths of hell or gates of paradise. I'm in way too deep to not see it through.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:

Whatever! I sat through the slap in the face that was the end of MGS4. I'm ready to ride this series into the depths of hell or gates of paradise. I'm in way too deep to not see it through.

Kojima sent us to hell, we're going even deeper... viciousbearmauiling I'm already a demon...

ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7 said:
@viciousbearmauling said:
@ezekiel said:

Kojima sent us to hell, we're going even deeper... viciousbearmauiling I'm already a demon...

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa
deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing that you spend a ton of time collecting stuff and recruiting soldiers for your base, and you'll collect everything because that's what games have taught us to do. So you'll have this huge base full of soldiers and goats and tanks and weaponry, then the game will put you in control of Solid Snake and tell you to infiltrate it and a goat will keep seeing you and raising the alarm. I'm very tired right now.

whopper1631

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might seems crazy, but Quiet I thought might end up being Meryl's mother considering that she was born around the same time as MGSV (1986).

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@n7 said:
@ezekiel said:

No Caption Provided

About time you showed your true colors.

DougCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

i think he (as solid snake) will be in a post credits cutscene, or appear as voice only during the credits. i dont think he will appear in the story itself anywhere, but the idea that they just cut Hayter out after all these years doesn't feel quite right.

ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: I was going to do something with your avatar just now and realized it's already MGS and I'm genuinely disappointed. You should feel ashamed of yourself. Not really... But a little ashamed.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: I was going to do something with your avatar just now and realized it's already MGS and I'm genuinely disappointed. You should feel ashamed of yourself. Not really... But a little ashamed.

"Being disappointed was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But... at least I was always disappointed in what I believed in." - Coldstone316

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@n7 said:

"Being disappointed was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But... at least I was always disappointed in what I believed in." - Coldstone316

That's it, N7. Hurt me more. Make me feel alive again!

Darth-Malum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ive just got a horrible feeling that this one is gonna be bad :( theres so much shit surrounding it with konami!..... But i dont think my heart could take it if it is bad :'(

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dougcl said:

i think he (as solid snake) will be in a post credits cutscene, or appear as voice only during the credits. i dont think he will appear in the story itself anywhere, but the idea that they just cut Hayter out after all these years doesn't feel quite right.

Honestly, the only reason I think there's something more going on is because of the fact that Hayter's behaviour surrounding the whole issue has been bizarre to say the least. Or he could just be really genuinely pissed, I don't know.

Avatar image for waltercrunkfite
WalterCrunkFite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kojima is a man-child.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think from the E3 2015 trailer they've just outright shown Eli (presumably Kid Liquid) sitting next to his twin (presumably Snake). I don't subscribe to the theory that Ocelot becomes disillusioned with Big Boss given the events of MGS4.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By Sessh

At the end we‘ll have a scene of a cg Hayter balooning a cg Sutherland off to wherever, after which a 4-6 hour cutscene will start that has Snake just sitting around smoking and monologuing about everything that has transpired in the game. (Snake then obviously getting voiced by Hayter.)

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The events of TPP were all made up by ocelot so he could spend more time with big boss and build up the courage to tell him he's in love with him. The Phantom Pain is ocelot's inability to tell big boss how he feels. Wake up sheeple!

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

General prediction(s): People will love the hospital scene in the beginning, but be disappointed of the overall lack of story (by MGS standards) in the rest of the game. And Keifer will have a lot of dialogue in the cassette tapes.

@adequatelyprepared

"-There is a third open area not yet unveiled, and it is snow themed"

Counter: Kabul and Angola are the only areas in the game, and the games ends with Big Boss exclaiming that Angola (or southern Africa) will be the place for the "uprising of Outer Heaven". There will be no time skip.

"-Kaz and BB will become enemies, and Ocelot will become disillusioned by BB's cause"

Counter: Ocelot wishes to continue will Big Boss's ideals, and fight against the Patriots.

"-Paz is a result of Cipher's early experiments in cloning, explaining her apparent survival in the Elegia trailer"

Counter: Zero found Paz's body and reconstructed it. Because he seems to like doing that with people.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

My hopes are fairly low. I dislike Sutherland as an actor. All the rape and bomb-in-vagina insinuations in GZ felt way out of place and poorly handled.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e39f84edec3
deactivated-63e39f84edec3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Boss fight is Solid Snake and is impossible to win. Credits roll as Big Boss dies.

Scene after credit : Solid Snake enters Shadow Moses.

That's just my prediction of course ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9
deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets go mental.

• The zombies are failed experiments from Les Terribles.
  • Ishmael is Skull Face. Big Boss is remembering when he saved him back in the hospital, but Skull Face died somewhere along the story? The trailer strongly suggests at the end, he isn't even real.
  • Because this is the last game: Code Talker is father to THE Boss. He faked his death to protect the legacy because WHY NOT.

No idea. Just throwing ideas out there.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RonGalaxy

Watching a recent gameplay trailer, I really don't think there's going to be a big twist like mgs2 with raiden. In the game, you don't actually even have to play as snake, you can play a myriad of other non talkative characters that snake recruits. Why would they let you do that if they're really gonna pull the rug out from under us and have David hayter voice snake for the whole game? Not sure why they went this route. Could be konami forced kojimas hand and made him cast kiefer, a big movie star, or maybe kojima pushed for kiefer because he's obsessed with Hollywood, but couldn't possibly afford for him to properly voice the role.

Now MAYBE Hayter will make a cameo, but don't get your hopes up for any big Kojima twist regarding him. You have to remember that the guy who's done the Japanese voice for snake is still voicing him in this game, how would a voice actor twist work if they didn't try to replace him as well?

I also don't think this games story is going to be crazy/obtuse/endearingly awesome as the other games. I think it will be a means to an end for the gameplay, which seems to have a crazy amount of depth.

Remember, this is just speculation on my part. I could be wrong. Honestly, I hope I am.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By N7

Watching a recent gameplay trailer, I really don't think there's going to be a big twist like mgs2 with raiden. In the game, you don't actually even have to play as snake, you can play a myriad of other non talkative characters that snake recruits. Why would they let you do that if they're really gonna pull the rug out from under us and have David hayter voice snake for the whole game? Not sure why they went this route. Could be konami forced kojimas hand and made him cast kiefer, a big movie star, or maybe kojima pushed for kiefer because he's obsessed with Hollywood, but couldn't possibly afford for him to properly voice the role.

Now MAYBE Hayter will make a cameo, but don't get your hopes up for any big Kojima twist regarding him. You have to remember that the guy who's done the Japanese voice for snake is still voicing him in this game, how would a voice actor twist work if they didn't try to replace him as well?

I also don't think this games story is going to be crazy/obtuse/endearingly awesome as the other games. I think it will be a means to an end for the gameplay, which seems to have a crazy amount of depth.

Remember, this is just speculation on my part. I could be wrong. Honestly, I hope I am.

Kojima wanted Keifer because Keifer has experience being old and also having a face.

Loading Video...

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People still think a less talkative Snake has anything to do with how much Keifer costed to cast, instead of it just being a creative decision. He already said a bunch of times that he's rather have Snake talk less, and express feeling through the facial-capture technology than through words.

But no, it's obviously because Keifer was too much money to cast, not some decision Kojima made that people just don't happen to like.

He just wanted a different voice actor for Snake. It's not like Akio is talking anymore than Keifer in the Japanese version.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7: I know this is sarcasm, but I still have to say that reason has always been complete bullshit. Ground zeroes only takes place a few years after peacewalker, where big boss/snake was still voiced by Hayter. That's not a reasonable or valid excuse/answer to this.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: It actually takes place a few months after Peace Walker.

Thatguy060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keifer Sutherland is the voice actor for the main character because you are actually playing as Gray Fox who is being manipulated by the patriots in one of their attempts to recreate Big Boss or It could be they are conducting a smear campaign on Big Boss.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Same eye missing from both characters also Big Boss is doing a Grey Fox pose in the most used press picture

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Most Iconic GreyFox scene compared to scene in the latest trailer.

There is some other stuff but I just woke up and I have limit my rides on the Kojima ruse cruise or it will consume me.
I think this game will end up being my GOTY because I loved Ground Zeros and if its tons more of that with the typical craziness then I'm all in.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: A few months*.

The tone of MGSV is pretty much the opposite of Peace Walker. I can see why he might want to change Snake's voice actor. I also think he finds the facial capture stuff especially important, since the Japanese voice actors will all be dubbed over the English facial capture.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People who think David Hayter is in this game need to come back to reality. There is no chance that is happening.

As much as I want to believe that we haven't seen the whole game already it's getting more and more likely that we've essentially seen all the game has to offer gameplay, character, and storywise. So to counter the hype I'm going to go in a much more cynical direction that I hope is wrong.

I'm guessing that the characters shown are probably all that exist in the game. There wont be freely moving civilians in either Afghanistan or Africa only soldiers and prisoners. There wont be a timeskip and you will not establish outer heaven. Solid Snake will not make any appearance in any form. Grey Fox wont be in the game. The game will be too long and as with all games with a strong focus on story the gameplay will wear out it's welcome in the last fourth of the game. Ghost Recon Wildlands will end up being larger in scope.

Spoilers for leaked gameplay achievements for Phantom Pain follow:

According to leaked achievements there are only two open world areas and the buddies that have been shown are the only ones in the game.

Well all of that left a bad taste of cynicism in my mouth...hopefully I'm wrong!

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No, David Hayter will not be in MGS 5, or likely on any other MGS forward. And, while I didn't hated Keifer's performance, it was painfully obvious he was not the same guy.

Also, there won't be a timeskip, and the game will not close near the beginning of the previous one. There will be a lot of ground to cover on subsequent sequels that Konami will keep on making. Unless Konami goes bankrupt in the next years, I don't believe this will be the final chapter of the story, or the last game with Metal Gear on the title.

I was fairly sure of these things before the Kojima debacle, and now I am more sure than ever.

GhostHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By hermes

@n7: I never quite agreed with that argument. Considering Hayter is also a real life actor, it is not like he is unfamiliar with performance outside a sound booth. But even when he might not be half as skilled as Sutherland, it is not like a character can have a body actor and voice actor that are different people, or people would be bothered by it... Hollywood has been doing it for decades, and that is not even counting dubbing.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

inb4 "QUIET IS ACTUALLY CHICO!!!!!"

There, now with that dumbassery out of the way, here are some of my predictions.

• Late in the game, Big Boss becomes a reluctant ally of Cipher against Skull Face after finding out that Skull Face was playing them both. After he kills Skull Face and absorbs what's left of XOF into the Diamond Dogs, Cipher thanks him by letting him return to America and train their special forces, which will later include Frank Jaeger and Solid Snake. Meanwhile, Big Boss will try (and fail) to hide the construction of Outer Haven from Cipher's intelligence network as a fallback plan in case Zero tries to start shit with him or his people again. Suddenly that loose and contradictory plot thread gets tied up.
  • Eli turns out to be a clone-baby of Snake (almost confirmed?).
  • Despite Big Boss letting Kaz train the recruits, Ocelot will decide that Kaz might be a bit too crazy after all he's been through and put him down. Granted this one might be more implied in the epilogue than in the game itself, tying another loose plot thread between this story and MGS1.
  • M'Badi (the African PM from the beginning of MGR) will make an appearance as a child soldier before he's convinced to fight for peace instead. This one is a longshot, but it would be interesting.
FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@dochaus said:

inb4 "QUIET IS ACTUALLY CHICO!!!!!"

There, now with that dumbassery out of the way, here are some of my predictions.

• Late in the game, Big Boss becomes a reluctant ally of Cipher against Skull Face after finding out that Skull Face was playing them both. After he kills Skull Face and absorbs what's left of XOF into the Diamond Dogs, Cipher thanks him by letting him return to America and train their special forces, which will later include Frank Jaeger and Solid Snake. Meanwhile, Big Boss will try (and fail) to hide the construction of Outer Haven from Cipher's intelligence network as a fallback plan in case Zero tries to start shit with him or his people again. Suddenly that loose and contradictory plot thread gets tied up.
  • Eli turns out to be a clone-baby of Snake (almost confirmed?).
  • Despite Big Boss letting Kaz train the recruits, Ocelot will decide that Kaz might be a bit too crazy after all he's been through and put him down. Granted this one might be more implied in the epilogue than in the game itself, tying another loose plot thread between this story and MGS1.
  • M'Badi (the African PM from the beginning of MGR) will make an appearance as a child soldier before he's convinced to fight for peace instead. This one is a longshot, but it would be interesting.
  • If anything BB has been shown to become Skull Face's ally, not enemy.
  • Liquid Snake, yes.
  • Kaz is murdered and replaced by Liquid only a few days before MGS1, he spends his time inbetween MGSV and Metal Gear as a FOXHOUND instructor.
  • N'mani, not M'Badi

This might seems crazy, but Quiet I thought might end up being Meryl's mother considering that she was born around the same time as MGSV (1986).

Who's the father?

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

I think Hayter will be in there. I don't think it'll be part of any elaborate ruse or anything, Sutherland isn't in there to fuck with us, but like Big Boss being portrayed by somebody else in 4, I bet Hayter will be Solid Snake at some point as a bit of fan service. But I bet Sutherland is the lead because Kojima wanted to introduce his face capture stuff with somebody from Hollywood.

But I bet we'll see various characters from the Solid Snake games show up, even more than have been announced. Grey Fox, Campbell, all sorts of folks.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that the post-credits scene or ending will involve the first scene of Metal Gear, with Solid Snake infiltrating. I've felt that for a long time, and nothing has made me think otherwise.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

@whopper1631 said:

Who's the father?

This guy?
This guy?

But yes, it's a crazy theory that I don't buy at all. On the other hand, I could totally see Roy Campbell making an appearance in Phantom Pain. If they want to tie up as many loose ends as possible, Roy Campbell, Frank Jaeger and members of Liquid's Foxhound unit have to make appearances and interact with Big Boss at some point to explain their relationships (or at least expand them a little bit).

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@flstyle said:
@whopper1631 said:

Who's the father?

This guy?
This guy?

But yes, it's a crazy theory that I don't buy at all. On the other hand, I could totally see Roy Campbell making an appearance in Phantom Pain. If they want to tie up as many loose ends as possible, Roy Campbell, Frank Jaeger and members of Liquid's Foxhound unit have to make appearances and interact with Big Boss at some point to explain their relationships (or at least expand them a little bit).

Ohhh right, the whole Campbell and his brother thing. Yeah I think that rules out Quiet being related to Meryl.

secretfort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wanna hear Keifer Sutherland say "Operation Intrude N313"

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just keep in mind that you've seen exactly what Kojima had wanted you to see. Outside of a potential trophy leak, everything else has been very carefully orchestrated.

Not to say there's going to be massive, earth shattering twists, but I put less credence in detailed analysis and more in the fact that we just haven't seen where most of this goes yet.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't get why sutherland is such a bankable actor. Hasnt he only been doing tv for years? I mean i guess he's a good get but i don't expect him to be ruinously expensive. He seems more a has-been to me.

ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's kind of awesome how split down the middle the poll is.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mirado: There's a full achievement leak. Obviously wont link to it as it's rather easy to just search it out.