#1 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Yo. This E3 season's first MGS5 footage surfaces - hereby dubbed Snake-in-a-Box! Not to be confused with Dick-in-a-Box.

Oh the shennanigans Snake will be up to with this. If there isn't a ladies bathroom or gym shower old man perv Big Boss can snake into, and get to gorge himself on sweet jigglybits, I'd be disappointed.

Snake-peek everyone!

#2 Posted by cloudnineboya (844 posts) -

Now the cardboard box has camo! oh god its going to be even more difficult to find snake now. wonder if the box comes with different skins .

#3 Edited by dudeglove (8150 posts) -

Y'know, if I saw a big box lying around anywhere, at someone's home or the office inside or outdoors - I'd be pretty curious about a big damn box.

#4 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11448 posts) -

Cardboard box returns! There was much rejoicing!

Actually, that looks OP, and like it ruins the whole "realistic inventory" thing that Ground Zeroes had been going for.

#5 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Y'know, if I saw a big box lying around anywhere, at someone's home or the office inside or outdoors - I'd be pretty curious about a big damn box.

I know what you mean...

#6 Posted by Dussck (323 posts) -

After playing MGS1, 2, 3 & GZ last months this is my most anticipated game of 2015!

#7 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11448 posts) -

I just noticed, during the item equip bit, there's an item named PHANTOM CIGAR.

PHANTOM

CIGAR.

#8 Posted by Spoonman671 (4751 posts) -

@seppli said:

@dudeglove said:

I know what you mean...

Can we change the topic of this thread to how awesome this game was?

#9 Posted by crithon (3441 posts) -

Too cute, even the little shredded pieces of paper looks like little confetti hearts.

Although surprised how poor the frame rate is even when Phantom Ground Zeroes ran so well.

#10 Posted by Steadying (1416 posts) -

@crithon: This game also seems to look better graphically than Ground Zeroes, though.

Anyway, I'm happy the cardboard box is returning. I thought I read somewhere that it wasn't.

#11 Posted by crithon (3441 posts) -

@steadyingmeat: that it is, I saw the video before on poor wifi. Thought I saw frame rate hitch ups, ground zeroes ran so well hope it's that good again.

#12 Edited by Corevi (4422 posts) -

E3 HYPE TRAIN STOPS FOR NO MAN. Phantom Pain is probably my most anticipated game of 2015, though Witcher 3 is getting kinda close.

#13 Edited by Counterclockwork87 (735 posts) -

@crithon said:

@steadyingmeat: that it is, I saw the video before on poor wifi. Thought I saw frame rate hitch ups, ground zeroes ran so well hope it's that good again.

I wouldn't worry, it's still very early...remember Ground Zeroes was a finished product, this isn't coming until 2015. I'm so looking forward to this game, the mechanics were so improved in Ground Zeroes that when applied to a full game I can only imagine how awesome it will be.

Glad to see the box back. Jeff and Brad seemed upset there was no box in Ground Zeroes.

#14 Posted by DoctorDonkey (403 posts) -

I just noticed, during the item equip bit, there's an item named PHANTOM CIGAR.

PHANTOM

CIGAR.

Wait, does this mean Murdered: Soul Suspect is somehow related!? Follow the money.

#15 Posted by crithon (3441 posts) -

@crithon said:

I wouldn't worry, it's still very early...remember Ground Zeroes was a finished product, this isn't coming until 2015. I'm so looking forward to this game, the mechanics were so improved in Ground Zeroes that when applied to a full game I can only imagine how awesome it will be.

Glad to see the box back. Jeff and Brad seemed upset there was no box in Ground Zeroes.

Yeah, yeah. Well, like the weird animation of the box leaving just reminds of when physics is added to an item and it flies out dramatically into the sky in other games. Just little things like that still give me an impression they need a bit more time. But yeah I'm optimistic, I put in over 35 hours into Ground Zeroes like an self respected fanboy.

Actually for some reason I was hoping we would get the Love Boxes from Peace Walker and just climb them up. But I tend to get that way when I see the new MGS games and am too used to the last ones.

#16 Posted by probablytuna (3805 posts) -

Oh man this makes me happy.

#17 Posted by LiquidPrince (16119 posts) -

They sounded like they were having a ton of fun!

#18 Posted by Dussck (323 posts) -

@dussck said:

After playing MGS1, 2, 3 & GZ last months this is my most anticipated game of 2015!

Ok this comment was clearly made before The Witcher 3 trailer released x_x

#19 Edited by AdequatelyPrepared (653 posts) -

I want to see someone splice in that gameplay, complete with the excited Japanese, into the newest gritty trailer. Now THAT would suit Metal Gear Solid.

#20 Edited by Humanity (9855 posts) -

All I know is that

damn, I love Metal Gear.