What Are Other Metal Gear Games You Would Want

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zefpunk

Poll What Are Other Metal Gear Games You Would Want (190 votes)

Metal Gear 1 and/or Metal Gear 2 Remake 18%
Game Starring The Boss 11%
Metal Gear Rising 2 13%
Metal Gear Eli and His Child Soldiers 2%
Jeff's "Real" Metal Gear Solid 5 22%
Metal Gear Ac!d 3 1%
Grey Fox Game 3%
Metal Gear Solid 6 3%
Ocelot's: Mission Betray The Planet 6%
VR Missions 2 1%
Nothing Without Kojima 13%
Such A Lust For Poll Results 8%

Okay, since I cannot find a thread about this, and it would be fun to see what you all think...here goes!

No matter what is going on at Konami, we can never really say never with what will happen to the Metal Gear franchise (besides pachinko machines). All we can do is speculate. So let's do some speculation!

As all of us MGS fans know, the universe of Metal Gear is ripe with interesting characters that could easily star in their own game independent from the main timeline. Whether it be The Boss in WW2 and after, Ocelot's spy scheming, or Grey Fox flexing as the real world's best soldier.

If you could have your choice of what the next Metal Gear (Solid) game would be in the franchise, what would you like to see? Another sequel, whatever that could be? A spinoff following a new main character? A D-Dog and D-Horse match 3 mobile relationship simulator?

Let me know! Or come up with some ridiculous ideas of your own!

• 
Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've often contemplated a remake of the original Metal Gears that would look and play like a modern MGS game and can have a reworked narrative that would better fit what MGSV setup.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cold_wolven: I agree! I have thought much about how Zanzibar and those games would look, and cannot help but wonder considering having those stories with MGSV's gameplay. It would be really cool.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought that something like Metal Gear Rising would have been an excellent jumping off point for games set in the Metal Gear universe that still have involvement from Kojima, especially regarding story, but are largely handled by a different company, such as Platinum, and feature gameplay that's not common to the Metal Gear Solid series (like how Rising was a character action game).
Metal Gear Revolver could have been an FPS featuring Ocelot in the main role.
Metal Gear Joy could have been a game featuring The Boss.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adequatelyprepared: That is a really cool idea for a naming convention. Given how things played out at Konami, I would love if they were able to just farm out the license to other companies. See what their takes on the franchise could be (I loved Rising by the way).

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

I want Metal Gear Ocelot to recall the events through his eyes. Reveal what really happened behind the scenes with him, Solidus, and the Patriots through his eyes.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Metal Gear Ac!d 3 is the only appropriate answer, just so you all know.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would like a The Boss game set in World War 2 with a Buddy system similar to MGSV, where you can bring members of the Cobras as your buddies.

thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Shalashaska:Sons of The La Le Li Li Lo?

Cobra Unit, it's a quirky team based shooter.

Sniper Wolf Elite.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Philanthropy: Solid Snake

Takes place in between MGS1 and MGS2. Solid Snake, Meryl, Otacon, Mei Ling, Nastasha, and Naomi travel the globe eliminating different models of Metal Gear that were spawned after Rex's data leaked.

Written by: Tomokazu Fukushima

gaggle64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would love to see something that tells us the story of The Boss, even if Kojima wasn't involved. Cap the whole thing off at where it started and call it a day.

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

All of the above.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Put that in just for you!

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, pretty sure I was done with the series after 4. I tried Peacewalker, but the bite-sized levels and home base grind just didn't sit right with me. I need long, drawn out silly cutscenes and large-ish areas to sneak around in. I haven't played V yet, but I'm not sure it quite meets my criteria for a good MGS game, though it sounds like a fine open world game.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mirado

Ocelot's dealings in between MGS2 and MGS4. In that time, he messes with Liquid's arm and persona, works with EVA to try and come up with a way to bust down the Patriots, develops the worlds largest PMC and it's subsidiaries, and works with Naomi to try and crack the SoP system. I imagine he also shops for sunglasses and spends an abnormal amount of time pointing finger guns at people.

But seriously, Ocelot is always built up as the coolest character, working for every side, building up these secret organizations, and doing some wacky shit to his body and mind. It seems like a great setup to build on the framework of MGSV; more open world locations, deeper and more varied troop recruiting, more base customization and interaction (mobile Outer Haven submarine action, anyone?) and more interactions with established characters.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Rising 2 is the only answer. It's the only thing that works without Kojima and the last one was one better than the past 18 years of Metal Gear.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Nothing. I'm done with the franchise now that Kojima is done telling his story.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I want a game based on that crazy reporter that infiltrated shadow moses in a fish.

The series told through Ocelots eyes would also be cool. Now that i think about it, anything with Ocelot would do.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Metal Gear Solid is done, it was a great ride but there's nothing left to say at this point. I'm personally sick of The Boss (Big or otherwise) so the concept of a real MGS 5 where you build up another base would stink of AC syndrome to me.

I wouldnt say no to Metal Gear Rising 2 though. But that's mainly due to my love of Platinum than the need to see the MG story continue. I'd be perfectly happy if they just gave Vanquish guy a sword and made the best game imaginable.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

World War Two - The Boss and Cobras Unit with early Philosopher's stuff could be cool

Really I don't want any more Metal Gear Games, but yea, that would be alright.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

An actual Metal Gear Scanlon game. Every time Solid Scanlon shoots a gun, Dan's head pops up Toasty-style and screams "MacGruber!"

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first thought was a game revolving around The Boss. As the Mother of Special Forces, and the person whose vision of the world was the driving force behind the actions of the big players in the series it would seem like a natural choice. I'd like to see how she earned the reverence of all of these people.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like a The Boss game set in World War 2 with a Buddy system similar to MGSV, where you can bring members of the Cobras as your buddies.

Metal Gear of Honour.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Surprised this wasn't done as a multiple choice poll.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slight spoilers for MGSV below, because I'm not sure my response is actually addressing this question.

When unconfirmed rumors of a Snake body-double had initially cropped up, my first guess about the identity of said double was actually Solidus. I don't think that makes sense in the Metal Gear timeline (because Solidus is created post-Liquid and Solid, I think?), but it got me wondering about that character in general. Solidus gets such short shift in the in-game Metal Gear Solid narrative that I think it'd be neat to see A) more of him, full stop, and B) more of him being a Son of Big Boss, some degree of awesome badass comparable to either Solid or Liquid.

That didn't happen, of course. And I suppose that was probably intentional, given the franchise's running theme that Meme is greater than Gene (the perfect clone is the least influential). But, still. That's a game I'd like to see. Metal Gear Solidus.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bane said:

My first thought was a game revolving around The Boss. As the Mother of Special Forces, and the person whose vision of the world was the driving force behind the actions of the big players in the series it would seem like a natural choice. I'd like to see how she earned the reverence of all of these people.

Also, this would be rad.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By OurSin_360

I assumed you meant metal gear 1 and 2 and not metal gear solid 1 and 2(you can never be sure), so that's what i chose.

Never played those games or had the desire to, so seeing that story re-told/expanded on with modern gameplay would appeal to me.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Metal Gear Rising 2: That is and OceLOT of vengeance!

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Zefpunk
BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone remind me when Jeff talked about his real MGS5, and also a time stamp?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero said:

Can someone remind me when Jeff talked about his real MGS5, and also a time stamp?

It was a spoilercast discussion. Can't provide a timestamp on it.

The gist of the idea (spoilers):

Metal Gear Solid V isn't truly the fifth core game in the series, which has traditionally used alphanumeric notation on sequels and not Roman numerals. The fact that "V" is used in this game's title doesn't actually refer to five, as it might be reasonably assumed, but rather "Venom," the name of the body double who assumes the identity of Big Boss.

Jeff's idea, basically, was that MGS V and MGS 5 are potentially two different games, two completely separate releases. A second release for Metal Gear Solid 5--with no Roman numeral--would come eventually and be regarded as the actual sequel, and V would simply be an elaborate side story. This was reinforced by the repeated statement from Kojima Productions that the next Metal Gear Solid game would do "something never before seen in video games." Where Metal Gear Solid 2's character bait-and-switch was a novel narrative trick at the time, the MGSV/MGS5 bait-and-switch would be an unprecedented move on a massive scale.

It wasn't clear how seriously any of the guys were taking this idea, including Jeff himself. And, even if they were being serious in presenting this theory, there's no telling how the rupture between Kojima and Konami would have impacted a ploy such as this.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I'd love a new game that reframes MG1&2 in the new context of MGSV, ideally not from the PoV of Solid Snake.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should have been a multiple answer poll. So I'm not gonna vote.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Solidus gets such short shift in the in-game Metal Gear Solid narrative that I think it'd be neat to see A) more of him, full stop,

I would play the hell out of a Solidus Snake running for office game.

DukeMcFrenzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clearly the answer is Metal Gear Sasaki. Running around the battlefield getting your ass handed to you and then dealing with all the diarrhea.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like MGSV's gameplay and world with an actual good/crazy long-winded metal gear story AND David Hayter.

Avatar image for redglovesociety
RedGloveSociety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the series grew stale on me after mgs2.

Please end it Konami.

Pachinko machines are fine, but no real games.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Game where you play as Sunny and or Raiden's kid and have to take on a clone of Solid Snake.

Metal Gear Maker where you create your own levels in the style of MGS 1-3.

DukeMcFrenzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal gear fighter thats a mix of armored core and virtual on

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love a companion to MGSV, where (major story spoilers): you play as the real Big Boss, building up Outer Heaven behind the scenes and whatnot. It would be cool to see stuff like him meeting up with Gray Fox again and taking in him and Naomi, or seeing what prompts him to return to command Foxhound. You could keep the gameplay largely the same, and really I don't think anybody would mind more of that.

A remake of Metal Gear 1 and 2 would be cool too, and I feel that would be the best way to wrap the whole series up. Considering how often it's still referenced and all.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be happy with more of what mgsv is offering.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Honestly, MGS5 didn't scratch any of the Metal Gear itch I had built up since the story is near non-existent and, honestly, sucks. If anything I'd want a remake of both MGS and MGS2 in one game. Have it do a back and forth between

Snake, Big Boss, and Phantom.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#43 riostarwind  Moderator

Maybe they don't want to do it but ever since MGS3 all I've wanted to see is Big Boss's point of view leading up to Metal Gear 1/2. If another game comes out it has to be about that. Unless Platinum gets to make a Rising 2 or if they want to start off with a new cast for some reason.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely nothing without Kojima. Except maybe Rising 2 since he didn't have much to do with that anyway and it takes place after 4.