Who Here Went Through All This for MGS4?

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

I've learnt my lesson, staying away from any more MGSV TPP trailer or discussions of it. I was hype, but I was also angry when the trailer spoiled Act 4 of MGS4.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

That would actually be interesting way to tackle a Metal Gear remake by just telling it from Big Boss perspective but what would that game even be? Just Big Boss sitting in a room waiting for a codec call from Solid Snake?

PixelSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@i_stay_puft:

Well, I'd say that there has to be something to bridge the gap where Big Boss is the leader of the Diamond Dogs and where he is the commanding-officer of FOXHOUND. How does Big Boss/Venom Snake go from being an outlaw mercenary to back again in the good-graces of the U.S. military? I hope that MGSV answers that.

Perhaps the after credits sequence of MGSV is a traditional Metal Gear Solid point-of-view of Solid Snake conducting Operation Intrude: N313. And that point of view is justified by being security camera feeds being shown to Big Boss.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ThunderSlash

I know that people like to hype Kojima up as some sort of giant troll that likes to play with his fans expectations, but he has only went all in on that sort of stuff like twice. Once for MGS2's Raiden, and another time with the Moby Dick Studio stuff. The prerelease trailers and promo materials for MGS3, MGS4, and Peace Walker were pretty much played straight. I remember that when MGS3 was about to come out there were subsections of the fanbase that had already piece together much of the main plot.

That said, what you said could happen. I mean, it's pretty sensible to assume that the developers wouldn't want to show off the whole game before it's actually out.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@flstyle said:

I've learnt my lesson, staying away from any more MGSV TPP trailer or discussions of it. I was hype, but I was also angry when the trailer spoiled Act 4 of MGS4.

Yeah, I'm not watching any more trailers for MGS5 or TW3. I know I'll get MGS5 anyway, when it's cheaper. The MGS4 trailers revealed far too much information.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ezekiel said:
@flstyle said:

Yeah, I'm not watching any more trailers for MGS5 or TW3. I know I'll get MGS5 anyway, when it's cheaper. The MGS4 trailers revealed far too much information.

Yep, even outside the spoiler tag, reading the beginning of the OP already told me more than I wanted to know about locations. Damn! I thought this was a thread about MGS4. Silly me.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

My advice is to avoid the release trailer like a plague.

Playing through MGS4, I was incredibly disappointed by how much they gave away.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, considering where the story of the saga goes, I don't think there'll be another other open-world locations than Afghanistan and Africa. Because Outer Heaven and the first game took place in southern Africa.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I naturally assume there will be more locations in the game and they just aren't tipping their hand, but I don't think it will be some big end all "it's retelling things! It's two games in one! Aaaaaaaaaah!" type of thing, but there is probably a few cool locations it is keeping under wraps.

I think sometimes people put too much of a genius/troll label on Kojima, I'm sure at times he is giving his all to characters/story details and how much he wants to fool fans and give them a 'woah' moment, sometimes I think he is just messing around with things and they stick and people go "He did that on purpose! All hail Trolljima!" He's just a dude. If you cut him does he not bleed? If you work him does he not sweat?

DeiNile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There has to be more locations than just Afghanistan and Africa. They have touted it as a semi-open world game, so there should at least be a couple of major sections that are open. What they showed of the Africa mission was rather limited all things considered. But then again I thought the same thing about MGS 4...

As far as a remake of MG is concerned, I don't see that they completely remake that. That'll probably just be the post-credit phone call and not actual gameplay.