#1 Posted by Tenfo (1 posts) -

After the mini cut scene with the big bug showing up as you cross the log my character gets completely bugged. I end of standing on the shore after crawling out of the water and am completely immobilized. I cannot use any equipment functions, actions, or look around. My keyboard and mouse are functioning perfectly well but it's as if my character is frozen.

I can't think of anything going on here except a game breaking bug and there's no way to get out of the loop. Every last checkpoint game load puts me in the same place and situation where I can't move and inevitably die.

#2 Posted by HatKing (6065 posts) -

What platform? That might be specific to where you're playing.

That's troubling news though, I just got to that section of the game. I've already dealt with my share of lock ups, hitches, and bugs. Hopefully, I can make it through that section trouble free. I want to love this game, but it's fighting me.

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@hatking said:

That's troubling news though, I just got to that section of the game. I've already dealt with my share of lock ups, hitches, and bugs. Hopefully, I can make it through that section trouble free. I want to love this game, but it's fighting me.

Hes using a keyboard and mouse so PC. And the only issue I had was a lock up in the Catacombs when those screamy things show up.

#4 Posted by handlas (2722 posts) -

That sucks. That part didn't bug for me. You fight that big creature and then move into the church...... sooo... I guess start over? :(

Only recent game I've played that completely bugged out and broke was ZombiU.... like 6 hours in.... didn't play it again; not starting 6 hours over. Your part is fairly far in as well isn't it?

#5 Posted by HatKing (6065 posts) -

@hatking said:

Hes using a keyboard and mouse so PC. And the only issue I had was a lock up in the Catacombs when those screamy things show up.

Apparently I'm really unobservant. Haha...

I'm playing the 360 version, not having a decent PC and all. Sounds like the PS3 version is a little more buggy than the 360 version, but honestly at this point, I find that hard to believe. During one mission, if I stealth killed an enemy, the character would lock in the animation and just stand there, invincible. Another mission, whenever I looted a body - something that's kind of imperative on ranger mode - the game would lock. And during cutscenes there is about a 25% chance it'll hit a hitch, stall, and continue. It's saying something that I still love the game.

#6 Edited by HatKing (6065 posts) -

@handlas: I believe this game has a chapter select, so even if he did start over, it wouldn't have to be from the beginning. And the chapters are fairly short, so you probably would only be a half hour or so back. Sucks, but it's better than starting over.

#7 Edited by handlas (2722 posts) -

weeelp.... this thread totally jinxed me! My game is bugged out as well. I think I'm so very close to the end too. I get to a part where I go into a doorway where there is a ladder I'm suppose to go up and the game crashes to desktop every single time.

Sigh, sucks so bad. I was really enjoying the game. I don't really know if loading a previous chapter will help me... seems like a really odd place where it crashes because nothing is going on.

#8 Posted by handlas (2722 posts) -

Well I got past my crash issue. I turned the graphics from Very High to Low and it didn't hitch up at all. Once I got past that part I put it back to Very High and was fine. Dunno why but maybe try that if you still have issues.