#1 Edited by Bollard (5425 posts) -

So you can pre-order this on Steam now (and apparently if you own Metro 2033 you get 10% off - but everyone owns Metro 2033 because, well, they gave it out for free). Sadly it is £35 anyway, so that 10% off means the game is still above average price. Oh well, at least the damn thing is coming out still!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/43160/

More info on the Pre-order Special Edition:

• Ranger Mode - Experience complete immersion. No HUD. Less bullets. Brutal Combat. Hardcore.
  • Modified Russian Rifle - A compact but deadly Russian assault rifle, perfect for claustrophobic combat.
  • Extra Military Grade Bullets - Coveted for their ability to kill, these bullets are also the currency of the Metro. Will you use them in battle or purchase precious resources? The choice is yours.
  • Metro Last Light Digital Comic - Created by Dmitry Glukhovsky

Isn't it weird they're including Ranger Mode as a preorder bonus? Cause, like, it seemed like a pretty cool thing in the first game (although I never got round to trying it myself).

#2 Edited by Live2bRighteous (316 posts) -

It looks like THQ's DLC ways have transferred over to Deep Silver. Lovely.

After the pre order bonus is gone... it'll most definitely go up as DLC afterwards.

#3 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

@chavtheworld: Ranger mode was DLC in metro 2033. At least you get it for pre-ordering now instead of having to fucking pay for it....

#4 Posted by Live2bRighteous (316 posts) -

@vinny_says: Wasn't that DLC free?... I remember it being free.

#5 Posted by jacksmedulla (279 posts) -

@vinny_says: If I'm not mistaken, Ranger mode in the original Metro was free on PC's.

#6 Posted by Bollard (5425 posts) -

@chavtheworld: Ranger mode was DLC in metro 2033. At least you get it for pre-ordering now instead of having to fucking pay for it....

Yeah my Metro 2033 came with it...

#7 Edited by xMrSunshine (360 posts) -
#8 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Thanks Deep Silver.

#9 Posted by Subjugation (4719 posts) -

Thanks Obama.

#10 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

Paul Walker, in advance for your part in the new Hitman movie and for causing World War 3, I thank you.

#11 Edited by Metal_Mills (2989 posts) -

It's still DLC. Just free if you pre-order. It's some of the most bullshit DLC I've seen. Hard mode for $5? Piss off.

#12 Edited by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

pre-order your wife and you get to touch her boobs before having intercourse

#13 Edited by Ghostiet (5245 posts) -

Koch said that they went with Ranger Mode as a pre-order bonus because at this point you can't go around pre-orders and they didn't want to include story or bonus missions as a bonus nor go the "timed exclusive" route and the mode is, in their opinion, something for the more hardcore fans anyway who will possibly pre-order anyway.

#14 Posted by D0tti (786 posts) -

Paul Walker, in advance for your part in the new Hitman movie and for causing World War 3, I thank you.

Holy fuck that doesn't look right at all!

#15 Edited by Sackmanjones (4685 posts) -

That is pretty gross. On the other hand I think it's cool that instead of getting a copy of metro 2033 if you already have it you get a discount on last light

#16 Posted by Sackmanjones (4685 posts) -
#18 Posted by Hailinel (24392 posts) -

Did Paul Walker just step into the uncanny valley?

#19 Posted by McTangle (157 posts) -

Sir, you wrong me. Ranger mode in 2033 was the only way to play the game, in my opinion. It really held the immersion together and the clever subtle HUD the game uses - most notably the watch - make the experience as realistic as possible.

You want that again? Better pay $5 for it, sucker. That's what you get for buying the game. We punish our customers because we had to add pre-order incentives. Instead of adding in a few levels we took a whole mode out of the game haha money pls

#20 Posted by Solh0und (1765 posts) -

I kinda wish they made Ranger mode a online pass thing instead. Will still give this game a shot tomorrow though.