#1 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2484 posts) -

Clash of Heroes was released for Android earlier this month! So far I've put a little over five hours into it and I'm having a blast, though playing on a phone screen is not entirely ideal. Outside of the battles the game is very text heavy and unless you have a pretty large phone screen it becomes tiresome to read all of it. I have a Galaxy S3 which has a nice big screen but everything still feels super cramped.

The control scheme is quite imprecise and a little clunky at times, outside of battle you're repeatedly tapping on hotspots on the ground to move your character and the game quite often mistakes where you're tapping and sends you in the opposite direction. Likewise entering doors and areas at odd angles can be really frustrating and the game never gives you much feedback that the area you're blindly swiping towards is actually something you can interact with.

The haphazard control scheme lessens in battle system but you'll probably still find yourself burning turns because you accidentally swiped a minion to the wrong row or moved somebody you hadn't even intended to touch. To remove minions from rows you need to tap and hold on them and then tap once again to dismiss them, so far this has been the most troublesome command to execute because of how small each of your minions has to be to fit into the confines of your screen.

That being said I am still having an awesome time playing. Even with all the control issues Clash of Heroes is still so much fun to play!! When it comes to android I've been fooling around with games like Battleheart, Monsters at my Condo, Game Dev Story, and Knights of Pen and Paper, all of which are fun games and great for killing small amounts of time but it is really satisfying to have a game with such depth and polish available.

I highly recommend playing this if you haven't already. Compared to the PC or XBLA ports this version suffers as little and lacks any online multiplayer, local pass 'n play only, but it's still super fun and only about $5.

Anybody else playing this version?

#2 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3859 posts) -

That's a bummer about some of the co trol issues but I have a Nexus 7 so maybe it'll work better with the bigger screen. Definitely gonna get this I picked it up on 360 an loved it. Really great puzzle game.

#3 Posted by tread311 (356 posts) -

Did they ever add a color blind mode? I tried to play this on DS when it came out but couldn't well enough because of how close some of the colors look.

#4 Posted by BBAlpert (1444 posts) -

@tread311 said:

Did they ever add a color blind mode? I tried to play this on DS when it came out but couldn't well enough because of how close some of the colors look.

I can imagine that'd be tough. Even without any color vision issues, it's sometimes easy to slip up and make the wrong move when dealing with sets of units that are muted, dull green and blue, red and purple, blue and purple, or yellow and white.