warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By warpr

From the backer update today:

Because we are constantly working on it in cooperation with all our partners, we want to wait and make sure that everything is confirmed to be ready before giving a new specific release date. But we expect it to realistically be in Spring 2016.

I'm guessing everyone has been moved off of the project months ago, and there's a skeleton crew of one or two developers still mucking with the matchmaking.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Every single time I'm reminded of MN9's existence, I realize that I wasted money on this thing.

What a fiasco.

GoodlyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Isn't this like the third delay?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

lol

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By atomicoldman

Reminder that the game is basically done and the reason for the last delay (and apparently this one) is due to bugs pertaining to online elements of the game. That's super important, I guess.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#6  Edited By BeachThunder

Sprint 2016? More like hurdles 2016...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@dudeglove: As far as I know most fans of Mega Man who backed this and played an early build all said that NOPE this is not what we wanted so I can only imagine they are trying to shape this into something that it apparently failed to become the first time around.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By atomicoldman

@dudeglove: As of August, the game was said to be in a "completed state" but was delayed due to bugs present in matchmaking, which is the same reason it is being delayed now. A lot of the issues stem from the fact that the engine MN9 is built on is no longer supported. A few months ago they released another demo from the completed build of the game, and it looked absolutely dire. Inconsistent animations, lots of enemy rush rooms, uninspired platforming, incessant support chatter, and drab aesthetics.

It probably doesn't help this recent delay that Inafune stated in October that the game would not face anymore delays. In general, Comcept has consistently failed to meet release windows, exercised poor communication with backers, and went ahead with a second Kickstarter for Red Ash before they had a finished product to prove their worth with. Unsurprisingly, that Kickstarter failed to meet funding, but apparently Comcept was already in talks to have it funded by some really shady looking Chinese publisher named Fuze. The last delay for MN9 was revealed by Game Informer, because Gamestop got wind of the game being pushed to 2016. Comcept and Deep Silver went silent for a while after GI published information about the delay. This came out about a day after it was announced that Fuze would fund Red Ash, with additional Kickstarter funding going towards meeting stretch goals, which generated some negative press for them already, so it's possible they didn't want to add to it by confirming the delay, but I'm just speculating.

I think that's all the major notes but I also haven't been following this too closely. A new Mega Man-like game by Inafune sounds cool, but from what I've seen, it's not really for me.

edit: here's a link to the recent backer update, which lays out just what the deal is with them delaying the game this time: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/1473777

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Most of the things I have backed seem to be doing everything perfectly (like Night in the Woods), are making decent progress (like The Flame in the Flood), or already came out (That Dragon, Cancer). I know I'm going to get burned eventually, but I don't see it right now, with maybe one exception due to a few lack of updates in recent months. Mighty No. 9 feels like it is a 6-9 month mess that is limping along. I never played Mega Man, but seems like you guys sure got a rough deal over the past like 5 years.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By BisonHero

Have we reached the point where people have more positive feelings about Azure Striker Gunvolt as a Mega Man successor thing than they do about Mighty No. 9?

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Huh, maybe Capcom knew what it was doing by not letting the man head a new Mega Man game.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the book about this eventually comes out the subheading better be "hookers & blow"

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay guys, here's what's really happening. They're waiting until E3 where they rebrand the game as Mighty No. 15 coming in 2017.

My uncle at Nintendo told me.

Seriously though, I didn't even know there was an online component to this game. I guess that's what happens when you try to release on every single godddamn platform.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

What? But...I just finished spending 7 weeks writing a recording a news piece on the game based on the idea it would be coming out on the 9th! Damn you infuane! Lol.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#16  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Is it weird that I only started becoming interested in this game when things started becoming abundantly clear that it might be a bit of a trainwreck?

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Fucking what?!? Fucking what!?!?!? Oh my lord I feel so bad for the backers!

The "return of Inafune and Mega Man" has been a total shit show.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

@humanity said:

@dudeglove: As far as I know most fans of Mega Man who backed this and played an early build all said that NOPE this is not what we wanted so I can only imagine they are trying to shape this into something that it apparently failed to become the first time around.

Weird, some folks I know that played it at E3 last year said it was awesome and they couldn't wait to play the finished thing.