• 55 results
#1 Edited by StarvingGamer (8551 posts) -

EDIT: @forcen said:

Looks like the top tree to go to the next round of voting is:

I'm pretty happy with that, next vote will be hard.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/615035

As part of the final push towards the end of their Kickstarter, the Mighty No. 9 team are inviting everyone, backers (Beckers *coff*) and non-backers alike, to help select the design for Call, a female robot who will help the main character, Beck, throughout the game. That's right, Beck and Call. It's OK to feel uncomfortably giddy about that.

Voting will end on Tuesday, October 1st, around 5:30 PDT as the campaign closes. The results will be live-streamed, with the winning three designs moving on to be fleshed-out, colored, and polished for the next backer-only voting round scheduled for some time in November.

The Kickstarter update can be viewed here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/611851

Voting can be done here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/M9calloutthevote

Here are the designs you'll be voting on. Which one is your favorite?

I voted for C and am also partial to E, but I think F is the one that is going to receive the most votes.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I'm feeling partial to B.

#3 Posted by MEATBALL (3469 posts) -

Call A is my favourite. If you don't vote for A you're an awful person.

#4 Posted by Daneian (1251 posts) -

F all the way. It better be F

#5 Posted by Chaser324 (6741 posts) -

I voted for H, but I almost voted for E based solely on the hat.

#6 Posted by GunstarRed (5448 posts) -

A and E look the coolest

#7 Posted by iAmJohn (6134 posts) -

E is so totally the best.

@daneian said:

Come on man, F is just Roll mashed up with Ciel from the Zero games.

#8 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3113 posts) -

Vote B! Her hair is actually display screens. That's radical.

#9 Posted by Daneian (1251 posts) -

@iamjohn said:

E is so totally the best.

@daneian said:

Come on man, F is just Roll mashed up with Ciel from the Zero games.

Yep. Not saying its great, saying that its better than the others.

#10 Edited by Zeik (2755 posts) -

I am partial to F, because it just feels like it fits better than some of the other designs, but it does feel a bit too much like Roll.

I'm leaning toward C. Cyber-unicorn/Cyber-centaur fusion? I can get down with that. Definitely the most potential for that playable Call reward.

#11 Posted by Illuminosopher (336 posts) -

Really like A

#12 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (3777 posts) -

A

#13 Posted by Hunter5024 (5961 posts) -

Why does a robot need glasses?

#14 Edited by ThunderSlash (1948 posts) -

Some of these are just Roll. I voted D just cus it looks like something Inafune cooked up on a whim.

#15 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -

Guys... C has a unicorn.

#16 Posted by SMTDante89 (2580 posts) -

I voted E myself.

#17 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

I voted for F. Evokes the most Mega Man and that's just fine for me.

#18 Posted by Illuminosopher (336 posts) -

@hunter5024: vanity glasses also they see through time.

#19 Edited by Itwongo (1245 posts) -

It came down to A, F, and H. In the end, I went with H. I'd be fine with either of the other two, though.

#20 Posted by JackSukeru (5963 posts) -

I really liked A so voted for that, but I would also be fine with F or C.

I don't like the flight attendant look of E, the frilly outfits of G or the doll look of "I" so I hope it's not going to be any of them. The rest I'm more ambivalent on.

It's totally not gonna be A though, this is gonna suck. It'll be MML3 all over again.

#21 Posted by Chaser324 (6741 posts) -

@jacksukeru: Considering that you'll probably get to play this game, it's way better than MML3.

#22 Posted by Zornack (200 posts) -

E all the way.

#23 Edited by Andorski (5365 posts) -

Off-Topic: How much did everyone back in the Kickstarter. I'm trying to decide which reward I want.

#24 Posted by Daneian (1251 posts) -

@andorski said:

Off-Topic: How much did everyone back in the Kickstarter. I'm trying to decide which reward I want.

60$ for physical. Might contribute more for the NES/Famicon USB they announced.

#25 Posted by StarvingGamer (8551 posts) -

@andorski: I pledged $60.84 because I want something physical as a fun collector's piece and $120 is too fucking much for the art book.

#26 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

#27 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

It makes me sad that B is probably not going to win. And F is so boring you guys; why you gotta be so boring?

#28 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (467 posts) -

How are you all not voting for E? What is wrong with you people?

#29 Edited by BisonHero (7029 posts) -

@starvinggamer: Not to tell you how to do your job, but it is super-dupes easy to just put the picture in the first post to give people an easy reference for the discussion. Having to keep a Kickstarter tab open to remember which letters go with which designs is a bit of a pain. SO I WILL TAKE UP THE MANTLE:

Anyway, I'm all about E or H, and then I settled on H.

• A looks really Mega Man Legends to me, and just doesn't feel right in this 2D platformer.
  • B just seems like a worse E, with goofier proportions and if glasses are your thing, A is a better option.
  • C is too MLP:FiM for my tastes.
  • D just needs...more example expressions, because she just looks like a mean little witch from Disgaea or something, and I feel like absolutely no one is going to vote for it.
  • E is great, she got mad swagger.
  • F is fine and all, but something about the design is too...Jet Set Radio? I mean, all the versions of Call have headphones, so it's not that, so maybe the weird arm stripes are what gives me that impression?
  • G is kinda generic and boring.
  • H is just so full of class and has a nice Astro Boy-esque simplicity to it that I really, really like. That may be it; I just really like how simple that design is, and a lot of the others just seem way too busy.
  • I is just...c'mon. Seriously? Sailor outfit? Nope.
#30 Edited by Chaser324 (6741 posts) -

@bisonhero: Yeah E and H are definitely my top two as well. I totally made the same Astro Boy connection with H that you did. Simple and elegant design, and I think that's why I ended up going that direction with my vote.

#31 Edited by StarvingGamer (8551 posts) -

@bisonhero: I thought about doing that but I prefer the bigger pictures. They make it easier to pick out the little details on certain designs like B, C, and E. Otherwise it would be easy to get an MLP:FiM vibe from C and completely miss all the cool ideas they have for the transformations she could do with her secondary legs :P

#32 Posted by TruthTellah (9470 posts) -

I like the idea that Cut Man's daughter will be in the game. So, my vote goes to C.

#33 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

It makes me sad that B is probably not going to win. And F is so boring you guys; why you gotta be so boring?

Because F is cute.

#34 Posted by BisonHero (7029 posts) -

@starvinggamer said:

@bisonhero: I thought about doing that but I prefer the bigger pictures. They make it easier to pick out the little details on certain designs like B, C, and E. Otherwise it would be easy to get an MLP:FiM vibe from C and completely miss all the cool ideas they have for the transformations she could do with her secondary legs :P

I see no such cool ideas. :|

#35 Posted by Zeik (2755 posts) -

@bisonhero said:

I see no such cool ideas. :|

Cyber-centaur > Flight attendant.

Actually I like E as a stand-alone design, but I don't think it's a good fit for Call. Especially given that she's likely to be playable. I could live with H though.

#36 Edited by MEATBALL (3469 posts) -
@hunter5024 said:

Why does a robot need glasses?

Why does a robot need a visor?

I'm already way depressed that it looks like A won't be the eventual winner, I fucking love that design and I think it fits so damn well alongside Beck's. Kind of wish the vote wasn't left up to the community, not because I think they'd choose my choice because it's superior or something (BUT IT TOTALLY IS SO NYAH~) but because it would mean Call's design would have just been revealed and I likely wouldn't have seen other designs I might like better.

#37 Posted by Nightriff (5335 posts) -

I kinda like A and I don't care about the game, might vote just for the hell of it

#38 Posted by Dalai (7069 posts) -

I like the idea that Cut Man's daughter will be in the game. So, my vote goes to C.

That was the first thing that popped in my head when I saw her.

Anyway, I voted F. And I finally caved in and backed the kickstarter. There's a first time for everything.

#39 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5089 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@funkasaurasrex said:

Because F is cute.

Yeah and I like her hair, so F this!

#40 Edited by HarlechQuinn (451 posts) -

Went with A...

@andorski: Recently upgraded to $175... They successfully exploited my weakness for plushies...

#41 Posted by Brodehouse (10128 posts) -

A looks like Chie and I like how H looks but I would.

#42 Posted by golguin (4041 posts) -

I went with the E concept. I think H and I are also pretty good so I'll be fine if those win.

#43 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

I liked both A and B but I went with B.

#44 Posted by kishinfoulux (2508 posts) -

Man looking at the votes here and other boards, they are all over the place. Gonna be a lot of unhappy people with the final pick.

#45 Posted by BisonHero (7029 posts) -

@kishinfoulux said:

Man looking at the votes here and other boards, they are all over the place. Gonna be a lot of unhappy people with the final pick.

I feel like I see very few people championing B, D, G, and I, but yeah, it's all over the place for the other 5.

#46 Posted by RioStarwind (577 posts) -

I decided to go with E.

#47 Edited by Bane122 (810 posts) -

E is pretty much the only one I think looks good.

I've not given to this kickstarter since it's happening anyway but, a physical version is awfully tempting.

#48 Posted by Andorski (5365 posts) -

I went with E. I would be fine with any of the designs though, except for C. That unicorn transformation reeks of My Little Pony bullshit. I can see that winning solely because of bunch of fedora-wearing bronies got a hard-on from that character design.

#49 Posted by Bane122 (810 posts) -

@andorski: C also has crazy eyes that scare the shit out of me.

#50 Edited by Mousse_gallon (211 posts) -

I voted G because this design seemed like it has less human emotions built into it.