#1 Edited by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

There isn't official confirmation yet, but you guys remember Mind 0, that Vita RPG that's essentially a Persona clone? Well, it's apparently shown up in Gamestop's sales system, and the listing also suggests that Aksys Games is publishing it. Again, no official confirmation from Aksys or any other party yet, but we'll see.

EDIT: The cat's out of the bag, so to speak, but Aksys confirmed today that they are in fact releasing Mind 0 in North America and in Europe as Mind Zero.

#2 Posted by TruthTellah (9472 posts) -

I heard it wasn't very good from people that played the Japanese release, but hey, I'm all for more RPGs like this brought overseas. I did hear that the voices were good in it; so, hopefully they stick with the original audio and just bring the sucker over soon!

#3 Posted by BigJeffrey (5178 posts) -

It looks so bad, but cool that games like this are getting a localization (if true)

#4 Posted by Slag (4864 posts) -

I'd be down with that.

#5 Posted by Flappy (2352 posts) -

From what I've heard/seen, out of Demon's Gaze, Conception II, and Mind 0, Demon's Gaze is the best one. Poor Vita.

At this point, I'm just happy that this thing might be coming over.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

It's officially official. Aksys is bringing it stateside (and to Europe, as well!).

#7 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12110 posts) -

I was just reminded that this game exists. Just the part where it looks like Chinese bootleg Persona makes me morbidly interested in seeing how it gets received from a critical perspective.

IIRC, Aksys is the company that has brought over stuff like Record of Agarest War and Hyperdimension Neptunia (Also Blazblue, apparently), so they don't exactly have a... sterling track record of quality.

#8 Edited by Bocam (3822 posts) -

@arbitrarywater: Aksys also brought over 999 and Virtue's Last Reward. (Neptunia was Nisa)

The reviews on amazon.jp all mention that the story seems unfinished (not that they're setting up for a sequel, but that they ran out of money to finish it).

#9 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

I was just reminded that this game exists. Just the part where it looks like Chinese bootleg Persona makes me morbidly interested in seeing how it gets received from a critical perspective.

IIRC, Aksys is the company that has brought over stuff like Record of Agarest War and Hyperdimension Neptunia (Also Blazblue, apparently), so they don't exactly have a... sterling track record of quality.

As Bocam noted, Aksys didn't release Neptunia, that was NISA, and they were responsible for localizing both 999 and Virtue's Last Reward, in addition to a variety of other games that, while niche, aren't bad. The rising popularity of otome games in the west, for example, has them to thank at least in part for being an actual console/handheld publisher willing to localize romance visual novels. And the quality of their localizations is actually pretty solid. They're actually far better at localization quality consistency than NISA and have actually proven to be as adept at releasing niche titles successfully as Atlus USA.

#10 Posted by Morningstar (2240 posts) -

Nice =)

#11 Posted by SunBroZak (1350 posts) -

I'm too lazy to make another thread, so I'll just ask here:

Did anyone pick this up? It's now available in both the US and the EU, and I'm curious if it's as similar to Persona as it looked.

#12 Posted by Corevi (4852 posts) -

@arbitrarywater: Aksys are the devs on BlazBlue, as well as Persona 4 Arena.

And WOW that art is straight up Persona 3 huh?

#13 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@corruptedevil: Aksys did not develop BlazBlue nor P4A. They are a western publisher and not related to Arc System Works.

#14 Edited by Corevi (4852 posts) -

@hailinel: Right. I feel like an idiot now.

#15 Posted by MattadorD (69 posts) -

@sunbrozak: Yeah I was curious to hear how the game is too. I've been looking for a game to play on my Vita recently, and this seems like it could be it, especially since I enjoyed P4G so much on the Vita.

#16 Edited by bsstephan (25 posts) -

I picked it up; I'm only a handful of hours in but it's alright so far. There's a lot that feels cribbed from Persona 3 in terms of aesthetics, but the game plays much more like a dungeon crawler along the order of Persona 1 and 2 than the more recent games. Yuri Lowenthal and Erin Fitzgerald do some primary character voices and spend half the time bickering, which is pretty amusing. The main character might be Matt Mercer doing his Troy Baker impression, and another character might be Cindy Robinson. Other than that the voice acting is kind of iffy, but not terrible. Still though it is lacking some level of polish. I love dungeon crawlers but something in the presentation in-battle just feels rough around the edges. Menus look nice though, and the opening movie is surprisingly good (unfortunately though, it's probably my favorite part so far).

S'ok, though, all in all. I just got off of Demon Gaze, which I loved, but I'll probably stick with this for a while further.

Edit: just to be clear, I have no problem with a game "ripping off" Persona 3. I'll certainly take more of that kind of game, even if it turns out to be kind of C-tier.