#1 Edited by Aegon (5712 posts) -

Hironobu Sakaguchi has a conference scheduled for July 2nd at the Japan Expo in Paris. In the conference description it says...

He will also present his latest project, which is kept secret for the time being

So that's something to look out for if you care about what he's up to next. His latest game was The Last Story with Mistwalker and I'm not sure if this next project will also be handled by the same company. Either way, I wonder if this'll just be some concept art or if he'll show something solid.

Also Persona 5 news in July you heard it here first

Update: "Terra Battle" has been trademarked by Mistwalker, so it's likely this project that Sakaguchi will be talking about.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

His next project: Final Fantasy 2. BE THERE.

#3 Posted by Brendan (7847 posts) -

Huh. I honestly thought Mistwalker went out of business for some reason. I played both of their console games (Blue Dragon & Lost Odyssey) and thought they were both okay with a decent helping of flaws, but I also thought they didn't sell well at all. I'm still interested to hear what they've got going on next, let's do this!

#4 Edited by Hunter5024 (5840 posts) -

Neat. I really liked Lost Odyssey, even if his other Mistwalker stuff wasn't as good as I'd hoped. He should do a 3DS game.

#5 Edited by SteamRickroller (310 posts) -

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

#6 Posted by TheLastGunslinger (267 posts) -

I would love it if one of the Japanese games MS has been hinting at ends up being a sequel to Lost Odyssey.

#7 Posted by kishinfoulux (2412 posts) -

Any idea on platform? Either way I'm excited. Need more RPG's please.

#8 Posted by Raven10 (1851 posts) -

@brendan: They also did the Wii RPG The Last Story which was most critics say was their best game.

#9 Posted by Aegon (5712 posts) -

Any idea on platform? Either way I'm excited. Need more RPG's please.

As long as it's on either the Wii U, PS3, or 3DS, then I'm covered.

#10 Posted by Morningstar (2194 posts) -

Please be something good!

#12 Posted by Aegon (5712 posts) -

Mistwalker has trademarked "Terra Battle", so I'm guessing that's the project he'll be talking about at the conference. I'll try to update the thread once there's more info.

#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@raven10 said:

@brendan: They also did the Wii RPG The Last Story which was most critics say was their best game.

Except for me. Lost Odyssey was so much better.

#14 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

Mistwalker's still around? And they made The Last Story? Huh. I should have known that.

#15 Edited by Dan_CiTi (3387 posts) -

The Last Story was interesting and Lost Odyssey was really well designed (I especially loved the short stories, I'd love if they would capitalize on those) it's nice to see what he will do now.

#16 Posted by jakob187 (21691 posts) -

Maybe he's finally making THE Final Fantasy.

#17 Edited by Aegon (5712 posts) -
@jakob187 said:

Maybe he's finally making THE Final Fantasy.

It's a free to play mobile game according to Famitsu.

#18 Posted by Corevi (4029 posts) -

@aegon: The Last Last Story, a facebook game.

#19 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4664 posts) -

If f2p mobile games didn't collectively have such an incredibly shitty track record, I would be at least somewhat excited right now.

#20 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6315 posts) -

I remember really hoping Mistwalker was going to be able to compete with Square for RPG dominance. And then... well... boy, did I feel like a horse's patoot.

#21 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@aegon: The Last Last Story, a facebook game.

It's actually a prequel: The Second to Last Story.