MK 2 or 3?

laxbro19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

I want to get Mortal Kombat 2 or 3 for the SNES but I don't know which one. What is the better option? Keep in mind I will absolutely be playing multiplayer with other people

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By FLStyle

MK2 over 3, unless we're talking UMK3 then it's down to personal preference, either will do just fine.

EDIT: If it's going to be more of a laid back party style multiplayer session you might want to consider MK Trilogy, which is the version of 3 with the most characters, including the bosses Goro, Kintaro, Motaro and Shao Kahn.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@flstyle said:

MK2 over 3, unless we're talking UMK3 then it's down to personal preference, either will do just fine.

EDIT: If it's going to be more of a laid back party style multiplayer session you might want to consider MK Trilogy, which is the version of 3 with the most characters, including the bosses Goro, Kintaro, Motaro and Shao Kahn.

Trilogy isn't available for SNES, but otherwise, this is more or less the right answer.

Mortal Kombat 2 is definitely the more "classic" of the two games. Anecdotally, it seems to me that more people have familiarity with 2 than they do 3. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 is arguably the best bet, however, in terms of breadth of character choice. But I think it's also a game with a higher barrier for entry. So, again, keep in mind the environment in which you'll be playing. Party? Or competitive?

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2, no question for me.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

MKII remains the best game in the series, and the SNES version is the best version.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

2, no doubt about it...

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@mtcantor said:

MKII remains the best game in the series, and the SNES version is the best version.

You must be talking about just the 16-bit versions of the game.....I hope.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

They are really very different games. MK3 is more combo heavy and MK2 is more centered around special moves. That being said you shouldn't buy the original MK3 game because there are expansions released as other titles.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Technician

MK 2 is one of the best video games ever made. MK3/UMK3 are simply very good fighting games. With that said if you are playing a lot of local and more casual mp, MK3 is flashier and easier to get into in my opinion. Just hit the run button and spam roundhouse kicks.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ultimate MK3. It's not hard to find MK2 out there either.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Poll? Always liked 3 more. The dial-in combos were easy but always fun to me. As well as the ability to run. And the overall look of the game I thought was better.