Farming faction rep using Kustom Game Brutalities

El_Funko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By El_Funko

Hopefully it isn't a faux pas to post this sort of cheese method, but I've been using it to bust out rank 50 in each faction, nab the No Loyalty trophy, and earn enough gold to buy all the cool stuff from the Krypt.

I didn't come up with this method (source here) and props to Cuzza for making me aware of it, but I thought I'd post about it to help people out who care about unlocking stuff quickly. Also that achievement website is hot garbage, so this can be a cleaner version.

The method revolves around using the Brutality Kombat modifier (no Brutality requirements) to end a match instantly with an easy Brutality, like Kenshi's or Erron Black's Throw+fwd. Instantly awarding 1k profile XP, and 500ish faction XP per match. Kombat Kard bonuses for +FXP on match win, Brutalities, or wins with a character will increase this. You could also choose +koins or +profile XP... whatever floats your boat.

The end goal is to get all 5 factions to 50, earning yourself the Dragon King kombat kard set and the No Loyalty cheevo/trophy. The kard set includes +150 koins per faction kill for the icon, +800 koins per faction kill for the background, +500 koins per match win for the border, and +250 koins per faction kill for wearing all 3 together.

That's +1700 koins per match ended with a faction kill. Time to get paid, son.

Single controller method

• One player mode, Test Your Luck.
  • Pick someone with a simple command Brutality (Kenshi, Erron Black, etc).
  • CPU difficulty doesn't matter, set it to very easy.
  • Select 3 modifiers, then begin the match.
  • The game will randomly pick modifiers from the ones you have unlocked. You're looking for the Brutality Kombat modifier. Keep restarting the match until you get it.
  • Brutality Kombat will allow you to immediately (in the case of Kenshi/Erron Black) hit Throw+fwd and win the match by Brutality.
  • Select Rematch Same Modifiers (second option from the top).
  • Repeat forever.

Two controller method (faster)

• Two player mode, Kustom Game
  • Pick someone with a simple command Brutality (Kenshi, Erron Black, etc). and pick whoever for the 2nd controller.
  • Pick Brutal Kombat as the modifier. You can also pick Rapid Combat if you have it, since it'll shave off a few seconds from each fight, but it's optional.
  • Button through the preamble, then walk up and Throw+fwd the opponent for a quick win.
  • Button through the XP summary, hit X/A on both controllers to rematch.
  • Repeat forever.

Periodically jump back to the character select screen to make sure you have the best Kombat Kard bonuses applied (hit Y/triangle to edit Kombat Kard). I focussed on +FXP to make things go quicker. You'll unlock a +75FXP per win with a character after 25 wins with a single character variation. Every 5 faction levels usually unlocks a better +FXP per match win bonus too.

REMEMBER when you switch factions, you lose all progress/kombat kard stuff for that faction, so make sure you hit 50 before you switch.

I spent a few hours doing this last night and got my Lin Kuei to 50 from the 40ish I ended up at after beating story and messing around. Then I switched faction over to White Lotus and went from 1-50 before I went to bed. I ended up with about 70,000 koins after all that. I plan to knock out the other 3 factions tonight.

I don't consider this an exploit, because it's just using the existing modifiers and bonuses in the game. Sure, it's probably against the spirit of the unlock system, but I want to see all the cool costumes and fatalities without having to pay a lot of money or a lot of time. I don't mind grinding out mindless fight sequences while watching Netflix for a few hours.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Zeik

I saw this strategy while I was looking up ways to quickly farm koins, but when I saw what it actually required I realized it's not as good as it sounds, given how much time it takes to reach level 50 in a faction. I only just got to level 50 in my first faction earlier today after some pretty hardcore playing over the last several days. Even with my best faction exp kards and abusing the 10% health tower that was going on today (which is basically the same as abusing that danger modifier in Kustom Kombat) it took me a good hour+ just to get from 48-50. Doing the same thing over and over and over to cap every faction sounds suuuper boring.

You could just equip the Grandmaster set from maxing one faction for an extra 400 koins per match and I bet you could get all the koins to unlock everything in the Krypt before you would even max every faction. I mean, I only just capped my first faction and I already have like 60% or more of the Krypt unlocked.

Granted, if your goal is in fact maxing every faction for the trophy and not to get the kard for the purpose of farming koins then I'm sure it'll work fine. (But still tedious as hell.)

El_Funko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True, it's not the most efficient way of farming koins. I've amended the title to just faction rep, since I'm mostly doing it to get the trophy.

It's definitely tedious as hell, but I can do it mindlessly enough while watching Netflix on my tablet.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

In the dark dystopian future of 20XX, every video game, regardless of genre, contains rep grinding.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Ya know, you could just gradually play this game for the next few months, maxing out each faction as you go.

El_Funko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I could, but I need those Scorpion fan art unlocks ASAP