New Mortal Kombat X Story Trailer (Oh, boy, oh, boy!)

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

So, this little puppy was just released today, and boy, they sure don't skimp on the reveals. I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but in this trailer alone they reveal at least 5 new characters, and show off what I assume are going to be large beats of the overall story. The entire thing looks spectacular and I continue to be as weirdly hyped over it as I was over MK9.

I'll fill this post out later in the day with more details gleaned from analyzing this thing. Why would I do that, you ask? I really don't know. Feel free to speculate and go "Wow" below.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

People are saying they saw Rain in the trailer, but I can't find him. Could someone point him out to me? (this looks sick though)

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Everyone who has been revealed so far isn't doing much for me. I dunno...I'm just not really feelin anyone. I'll still buy it though and probably just main Subzero or something at this rate. meh

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4 chaser324  Moderator

People are saying they saw Rain in the trailer, but I can't find him. Could someone point him out to me? (this looks sick though)

Very brief at about 1:18. Hard to get a clean screen off of a Youtube video, but here's an attempt at one:

No Caption Provided

MugsMugsMugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

a Big wow from me. COOOOOOOL! Looking forward for this.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That huge "PRE ORDER NOW TO PLAY AS GORO" message at the end seems a bit like twisting the knife.

Fuck pre-orders.

I haven't played Mortal Kombat since 2, so what do I know?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7 chaser324  Moderator

That huge "PRE ORDER NOW TO PLAY AS GORO" message at the end seems a bit like twisting the knife.

I've never been a fan of playable boss characters anyway, so it really doesn't bother me that I won't get him.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The presentation of the story looks great. Very excited to see more.

Interested to see how all these new characters play. Also, the story models are different than the in kombat (lol) models.

That might all be in there. There was a lot to see.

@sinusoidal said:

I've never been a fan of playable boss characters anyway, so it really doesn't bother me that I won't get him.

exactly what I was about to post. I like Goro but he's never been fun before.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Is it weird to say I won't watch this because I don't want to spoil a fighting game's story mode?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@bocam: No, I don't think so. Aside from GG (well, arguably), MK is the only fighting game I can think of that really seems to give a shit about it's story so I can see why someone wouldn't want to spoil it.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

@babychoochoo:

Everyone who has been revealed so far isn't doing much for me. I dunno...I'm just not really feelin anyone. I'll still buy it though and probably just main Subzero or something at this rate. meh

I'm in the same position as you. I feel like my interest has started waning a little bit. I was all in with MK9. It was a return to a lot of the characters/nostalgia that I had as a kid for the original trilogy. I played that game a ton, and it was one that friends and I actively enjoyed. However, with all these new characters, I'm just not feeling it. I'm sure I'll end up buying it at some point...but I just can't put my finger on what it is.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal said:

I think Goro is one of the worst MK characters (the PS2 MK games don't really count) and I never liked his design or playstyle so I don't really care. I'm not a fan of this practice though I have to say that Netherrealms handled DLC fairly well in Injustice. I hope they don't go down further the preorder DLC bullshit road. Costumes are fine with me, characters is where it gets iffy. That being said I think MKX looks fantastic and it seems like the variants make sure every character can be played the way the player prefers which would be rushdown in my case.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

guys this game looks good

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mrfluke

with the exception of Cassie, the MK Kidz faces are a bit weird to me (too cartoonish), im sure it wont bother me once im used to seeing those characters in the story mode, Mileena's new design looks great though. and still super excited for the game.

Also love the touch of having Erron Black and Ermac rolling together :p

Apparently the Final boss was hinted at in the trailer https://twitter.com/lover_of_tacos/status/567130080569491456

Im guessing that was what the whole giant red explosion was about, im still holding out hope that a corrupted Liu Kang (or a Shinnok possessed Liu Kang) is somehow the final boss this time, i feel like its either Liu Kang or Onaga,

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

New Trailer:

Loading Video...

I'll be honest, I wasn't sold on Mortal Kombat X initially, but the story trailers have me interested.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

here's johnny hahahaha

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

New Trailer:

Loading Video...

I'll be honest, I wasn't sold on Mortal Kombat X initially, but the story trailers have me interested.

I took two things away from that trailer: That they gave Johnny Cage the best fatality from MK9, and that the second person Johnny's wailing on in that trailer looks like a weird demonic version of Jax.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#20  Edited By Danteveli

Is it me or Sonya had breast reduction surgery?

I'm not sure about the roster I hope they will unveil someone I would like to see comeback. Like Smoke

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL that Johnny Cage fatality is incredible.

KevinWalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am very psyched about the inclusion of Johnny Cage. I was all in on maining Cassie (and still might) but if he is in there too, cool cool.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is anyone else finding that Sonya's face looks like the actress who player her in the movie?

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hassun

Great fatality. Still not very convinced about the directions they are taking with the story but I'm still curious to find out what the end result will be.

@danteveli I think the Netherrealm just got slightly better at designing (female) characters.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The wait for this game is agonizingly hard. I haven't been this excited for a game in years.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Loading Video...

Not quite as entertaining as the Cage family trailer, but the American flag wrapped around Briggs' arm is pretty great.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Loading Video...

The launch trailer is out and its pretty great

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

The original commercial seems alright, I guess.

I'd just like to point out that there's this version. I can't wait for the game to come out.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game seems to have leaked or released early over the weekend. There's been streams all weekend. If you want to watch people play MK X... poorly... you can check Twitch.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By SSully

@blu3v3nom07: I need a new phone that randomly gives me notifications that just say, "Fight!"

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original commercial seems alright, I guess.

I'd just like to point out that there's this version. I can't wait for the game to come out.

Loading Video...

That definetly got me more excited about the game than that SOAD trailer.