The Predator more or less confirmed for Mortal Kombat X

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So thanks to a faux pas on the Xbox store The Predator (yes that one) has been outed as being one of the characters in the Kombat pack DLC being sold at launch which also includes the recently announced Jason Voorhees.

The page located here states in the description:

• Bundle Description:The Kombat Pack is currently available in the Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition on the Xbox Store. Kombat Pack grants early access to 4 new playable characters and skin packs. Stalk and slash your opponents as Horror Icon Jason Voorhees, or play as Predator, the Ultimate Hunter. Two Klassic Mortal Kombat characters complete the offer. Each playable character comes with a themed skin pack including three new skins for select characters. Also includes The Samurai Pack available on April 14th2015.
theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By theveej

I thought it was like the worst kept secret ever for like months now. Anyhow it is legit, don't care much for it but it does fit MK

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is his name Fulgore?

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I always thought Cyrax looked a lot like Predator, including his self destruct ability and net.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a big fan of guest characters, and it sounds like MKX DLC is gonna be full of them. I wonder why Ed Boon mentioned Sweet Tooth a few weeks back though.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

So it's $90 if you want to play as Jason and Predator in addition to the regular lineup.

Fuck that. Guess I'll be waiting for the inevitable Steam sale, because there is no way I'm paying that much for one game. Even $60 for the base game is way too much as far as I'm concerned.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Strife777

@mb: Because you know how much content the game has? Even what they've officially confirmed seems to be plenty for 60$, especially considering NRS have the best story modes of any fighting game. I'd understand if you were boycotting it because of online region-locking or something, but come on.

Edit: oh and be fair, the season pass is not just two guest characters, it's that plus two more and multiple skin packs.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mike

... Even what they've officially confirmed seems to be plenty for 60$

That is subjective. To me, the game seems like a poor value proposition at $60 and an even worse one at $90. I'm not "boycotting" anything, I'm just going to wait for a significant price drop.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: I'm going to make the assumption you don't buy many games at full price then.

You're right that value judgment is purely subjective, I just feel like you're being severely demanding, but fair enough.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mike

@strife777: Why shouldn't I be demanding, though? $60 is a lot of money. $90 is a hell of a lot of money for a video game.

I do buy games at full price, it just so happens that those games usually aren't $60. In the last week alone I picked up Hotline Miami 2 and Cities: Skylines on release day.

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm surprised it's 2 guest characters in this but I'm also surprised it's not someone from DC just because of Scorpion being in Injustice, well that and MK vs DC Universe.

matmaelstrom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was kinda bummed by the first one, but 2 guest characters makes me super bummed. MK has so many original caracters and each one someone somewhere loves to death. But sure gimmicky guest characters.. Whoo....

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@mb said:

@strife777 said:

That is subjective. To me, the game seems like a poor value proposition at $60 and an even worse one at $90. I'm not "boycotting" anything, I'm just going to wait for a significant price drop.

If you're into that genre fighting games more than make up their costs. You get hours upon hours of gameplay from online to local co-op. I don't really see how $60 is not worth it for a full fledged fighting game. Then again I was one of those people who said Gone Home at $20 is ridiculous and people told me that it was totally worth it so yah, I guess subjectivity is a heck of a thing.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This choice feels rather...alien

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is getting ridiculous now.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

You know, I like The Predator, and Predator is one of my favorite movies, but I'm still going to pass on that DLC. I'd say that maybe I would buy the DLC in the future if it went on mega sale, but by the time it went cheap enough, I'd have moved on anyway. I'm mostly going to buy MKX for the story anyway. That and just funning around with friends.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

That's weird.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Is his name Fulgore?

Was coming in to post the same thing, they just need to add Fulgore to this game.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TWO guest characters might be the thing that gets me to not buy this season pass. As someone else said, there are enough good MK characters that are probably not gonna be in this game that this seems unnecessary.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I feel like the one guy who actually likes guest characters, haha. And they did say there would be at least two, so no surprise there.

But Predator? Ehhh... sure, I guess. It'll be fun pitting Jason against a Predator, at least. I just feel like Pred's steez has been bitten by so many fighting game characters already (especially in MK) that the actual character seems almost redundant. Might as well be Chameleon, considering most of the moves he could possibly have are already taken by the likes of Cyrax, Sektor, Reptile, etc.

These guest characters remind me of the days of schoolyard rumors and outright lies about MK games. "Guys! Guys! My uncle works for Mortal Kombat and he said if you put 30 dollars into MKX, you can play as Predator! And Jason, too! And and and... you can even play as The Megazord!"

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By KaneRobot

@strife777 said:

@mb: Because you know how much content the game has? Even what they've officially confirmed seems to be plenty for 60$, especially considering NRS have the best story modes of any fighting game. I'd understand if you were boycotting it because of online region-locking or something, but come on.

Edit: oh and be fair, the season pass is not just two guest characters, it's that plus two more and multiple skin packs.

I can't say that half the cost of the game for four characters an 1 bonus skin per character strikes me as a particularly great value. This screams wait for a sale (on the DLC pass, not necessarily the game).

If they end up doing a second set of DLC like they did for Injustice, they really need to bring Freddy in again. After that, I dunno. Skeletor or Biff Tannen or something.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb:

The Premium Edition can actually be purchased digitally for $80, though I'm not sure if thats some sort of preorder price deal

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: You're definitely right about the DLC being stupid but it's probably still a worthwhile game even at $60, though I don't begrudge anyone waiting.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By wrighteous86

@goldone: I doubt DC wants its characters doing Fatalities or having them done to them.

I can't imagine they'd appreciate Ermac pulling Batman's intestines out of his mouth.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Call me when they get the Kurgan.

Can I get a skin for Stryker where he's dressed like Michael Douglas from Falling Down?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I would be playing this for the story like I did with the last MK game, so 60 is a terrible value from my point view. And I think 30 for that season pass is crazy, but if people are happy then good.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I preordered the amazon edition because I want the sweet Scorpion statue, I'm assuming this stuff is included? If not I won't buy it either. Predator is a fun/silly/appropriate addition though.

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrighteous86:

Really I was thinking more Joker or one of the other villains, Batman straight up killing guys would be a touch out of place, yes.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why people hate guest characters. They can be fun. It gives you a chance to play as someone/something that you may never get to. Also, you can completely ignore them!

MK has always been silly but 9 was a fantastic game and I am sure X will be as well.

I don't really understand the value argument for the base game. You get a full fledged story mode (which might just be really good like 9, which is Crazy for fighting games), a ton of modes, and a challenge towers that is updated daily. I mean it is a fighting game. You are either into it or not. If you are, you probably are gonna spend hours and hours playing it, learning each character or even just one.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kcin

@goldone said:

@wrighteous86:

Really I was thinking more Joker or one of the other villains, Batman straight up killing guys would be a touch out of place, yes.

It's not the killing as much as it's the being killed, more often than not. At least half of DC's roster can kill (the bad guys, and then some), but only DC can determine who actually dies.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God fighting games charge so fucking much for bullshit DLC these days. I kinda hate that I actually want this game. Ive never been able to really get into MK though, and Ive regretted buying them every time I have. Fun for about a week, then I never play them again.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

hahahahahaha

TREMOR

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@flstyle: Man, Tremor. Didn't see that one coming, though I probably should have. Also Tanya looking notably lighter-skinned than her MK Armageddon incarnation.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle: Okay, I was underwhelmed by Predator, but Tremor totally makes up for it. Fucking FINALLY, haha.

And sure, Tanya, why not?

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

The Predator more or less konfirmed for Mortal Kombat X

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle: While I'm overall OK with the pack, I'm glad this came out before the pass. If I had gotten the pass expecting 2 "klassic" characters (as they've been billing it) and gotten Tremor and Tanya I'd have been pretty bummed.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:
Loading Video...

hahahahahaha

TREMOR

Fuck me. Yeah, that isn't worth $30.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a press release posted on testyourmight.com that seems legit, but I haven't seen it anywhere else, so I can't tell for sure. Anyway, it lists the other contents of the pack. Basically each character comes in a pack with 3 skins (for different characters). One of those skins is goddamn Carl Weathers as Jax. Again, not sure if it's true, but it seems legit for now.

Here's the link (can't hyperlink for some reason): http://testyourmight.com/threads/news-ultimate-hunter-predator-tremor-tanya-and-jason-join-mortal-kombat-x-kombat-pack.49037/

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fucking Tremor. Jesus Christ. This has been way, way too long coming.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

Ok, Tremor is dumb enough that I'd consider getting this season pass.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Welp this just locks it up for me, I'll wait for the GotY edition for sure now.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not against stuff like this, but I also sort of don't understand it. I'm sure I'll enjoy playing as the Predator or Jason, but it isn't like I'll ever dedicate a meaningful amount of time to it, because they're just there to be there. Like, I have to imagine that no player at Evo is going to mining Jason, right? Is this just a thing that is done as a promotion to boost the games public persona?

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So wait. What is so special about Tremor? Isn't he just the brown ninja? I think there was a challenge tower mission with him.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Tremor and Tanya? HAHAHA. Alright, that's it, fuck it, I'm all in on the season pass.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This will be the only game I ever buy a season pass for.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@humanity said:

@mb said:

@strife777 said:

If you're into that genre fighting games more than make up their costs. You get hours upon hours of gameplay from online to local co-op. I don't really see how $60 is not worth it for a full fledged fighting game. Then again I was one of those people who said Gone Home at $20 is ridiculous and people told me that it was totally worth it so yah, I guess subjectivity is a heck of a thing.

MK is by far the best value fighting game since 9 came around. Before probably too, though a lot of the extra modes and singleplayer stuff wasn't as well done (I'm talking the PS2/Xbox era games). If you are going to buy any fighter at full price, this is the one.

Now not saying I'm spending 30 extra for these add on characters. I didn't buy any DLC for 9 and later on picked up the GOTY version on PC for dirty cheap with them when I was ready for more MK again. But yeah, if you aren't seeing value in this game you must not buy any fighter at full price. Or maybe you're not a MK fan, which is cool. As an MK fan I'm thrilled with how 9 was filled with content and X looks to be just as good if not better.

@brackstone said:

One of those skins is goddamn Carl Weathers as Jax.

Oh god I'm scrounging together $30 now.

cooltube96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: I agree. With the 3 variations, story mode, challenge tower and krypt. I'm getting my moneys worth. Now if you're not into mk, that's another story.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAXIM Russia just put out a new trailer ahead of time. Welcome back Zombie Liu Kang.

Loading Video...

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ThunderSlash

Welp that cowboy ninja dude that everyone knew was gonna show up as part of the roster has been confirmed.

Loading Video...