• 66 results
Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Eurogamer.net gave it a 6/10 and said:

"It's a Good 6, that delightful strata of games that stumble in the technical aspects, but compensate with personality and charm, somehow all the more enjoyable for their imperfections. I can't pretend that Soul Suspect is a particularly great game, but I do know that it's the sort of game I'll still remember - and remember fondly - in five years' time, which is more than can be said for most of its glossier rivals."

Sounds interesting. I might still pick this up.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By recroulette

Why didn't anyone tell me about this.

No Caption Provided

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

So the best part of this game is still that FBI agent's crazy segment during the PAX East panel?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Sounds not terrible. I'm in.

Avatar image for nicktorious_big
nicktorious_big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

The game looks alright and the ideas are pretty unique (kinda) but I guess everything was just average. Nothing blew anybody away about this game. Also I don't get IGN's review system that much and how they come up with scores for games. It's almost like they go on a scale of 100 considering that they use decimals in there scores.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Karkarov

I don't know, a friend of mine (who also happens to be a game reviewer) is playing through it to review for the site he works for and he has lots of good things to say about it. I think it simply comes down to whether or not you want a actual murder mystery/adventure type game or not. If you wanted a shooter that happened to have a story about a murder you are gonna not like it, if you wanted an actual slow paced game about solving some murders.... I bet you will think it is okay.

I will definitely pick it up once I finish up with Transistor, Wolfystein, and Watch Doggies.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

GamesRadar - 2.5/5 ^ Review Quote

(Google Translated) Verdict: A pleasant surprise. Adventurní game with some stealth nipples,

It has stealth nipples?!

I'm sold.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By tourgen

It looks like a lot of collectible hunting and inane dialog.

buuuuut, there just aren't many games out there doing what this game is doing, and with this kind of niche atmosphere and premise. I'm not into it (at all) but I can see why people who are into the story setup and atmosphere should probably be buying this game.

this will be pretty fun for the right group of people.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

People make fun of IGN as a way to poke at the score

IGN's score is about the average

Quit being snarky just to be snarky

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

From the quick look it looks like a contender for one of the worst games of the year. It looks boring, the atmosphere was bland, the 'action' sequences look frustrating, the writing seems poor, it seems under produced, it looks and sounds bad. It's one of the blandest, uninteresting looking games I've seen all year.

Twinblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i enjoyed this game immensely and strongly disagree with the press' opinion of it. I think this game will surprise the people who are willing to give it a chance, especially if you're a fan of detective games like L.A Noire.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I'm actually genuinely digging this so far. The interface is clunky, there are a bunch of low framerate cutscenes with noticeable compression artifacts, and some low resolution textures and low-poly objects. Regardless, this is up my alley, and I'm hoping the story pans out in an interesting way.

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Weird to see MMGN listed here as a credited review, I was the PC editor there for a few years.

Despite the scores, I'm still keen to check this one our. I really dig the idea, and I'm sure they don't hit the true potential, but it seems different enough that it will be worthwhile.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By onarum

any phrase that starts with IGN immediately loses any credibility.

that said the game really doesn't look that good to be honest, definitely 80% off steam sale kind of deal for me.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I lost interest in IGNs review when they said that the investigations were bad and that there should have been more of the 'neat, fun idea' that are the stealth encounters with demons, which are 'bizarrely underutilised'. That told me all I needed to know about the reviewer.

I liked LA Noire, so this is definitely a sale pick up for me.

Avatar image for chilipeppersman
chilipeppersman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 4

@cbk486: I generally like IGN game reviews, but Lucy/Keza are the two reviewers who I dont care for. This game has been getting very scattered reviews, so to me that usually means you just gotta try it out for yourself. Polarizing games like this are always very interesting to me, you never know how much your gonna like it or not.