• 74 results
Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Poll Do you like My Little Pony? (223 votes)

Yes 17%
No 58%
I've never tried it.. 24%

Have you ever tried it?

• 
CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've never seen it on TV before, just the pictures on the internet.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By XenoNick

Eyup.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Nekroskop

It's a children's show where most of the fans are men in their 20s with various degrees of obsessions(some outright disgusting)

The only thing that really irks me is their ability to ponify every single good thing(like shown above). It makes me want to vomit.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

i liked series 1 series 2 was ok couldn't get past the start of 3 i think the decline in quality and the over enthusiastic fans got to me

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#5  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Yes, I have seen enough of a show aimed at 7-year-old girls to say that it's far more clever than it has any right to be but I have no real interest in joining the unfortunate fandom surrounding it.

WasabiCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Eh, I kinda fell into it for a little while, but then moved onward after the second season. Still enjoy the art style though.

It is mostly the fan base that annoys me. Not the show itself.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've watched a few episodes. It seemed like an average kid's show. There is the occasional pop-culture reference or a brief instance of slightly dark humor, but those moments are few and far between. I don't see how this is radically different than any other children's show. I understand the idea that it's supposed to go against traditional age and gender roles, but I think if we lived in a world where that thing wasn't perceived as weird the fandom would be extremely diluted. I have nothing against bronies. I understand that like any other social group they have their moderates and radicals. Those radicals aren't much worse than those for any other fanbase. But please stop ponifying everything. Remember what happened with Star Wars?

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went with the "I feel nothing one way or another towards the TV show itself, due to it being a harmless, actually well animated, TV show aimed at children with the goal of teaching life lessons, but feel nothing but shame and pity towards the people surrounding said TV show" option.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Indifferent. Seen a couple of episodes out of curiosity, but I didn't feel compelled to watch more.

Some of the fandom can be especially creepy, though.

Avatar image for andrewbeardsley
AndrewBeardsley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My personal opinion is this, I do not like it personally and find the idea of "bronies" kind of terrifying and creepy. It is a show meant for children and not grown men. As Rainbowkisses said, it is the radicals that ruin a fanbase. i just think the fanbase in this case is far stranger then previous fan bases. I find it strange that my university has a my little pony club.

Ultimately, i will not involve myself in their lives and they can like whatever they want because it doesn't affect me or my life in anyway.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

99% of Giant Bomb Fans are Bronies, FACT

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I don't ironically like my little pony. That is the only way someone could like it

Unless....

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By triple07

I've seen a couple episodes to see why grown men were watching it, and I did see some pretty good humor in there but I don't watch the show or really like the ponies. If you do though, that's cool. Also the pony pictures can sometimes be pretty funny.

Avatar image for positivelypudding
positivelypudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I enjoy the show and have been watching it since season one began.

I can understand that some in the fan base can be overly creepy, however. There have been things that I've seen or heard that have made me cringe in the past.

But the same could be said of most fan bases. I've cringed just as much at some anime fans. That's not going to stop me from watching and liking some anime though.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Indifferent. Seen a couple of episodes out of curiosity, but I didn't feel compelled to watch more.

Some of the fandom can be especially creepy, though.

Pretty much this.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but I don't hate it either. I watched a couple episodes and they're well made.

The fan culture can be creepy as hell though which I don't understand; same goes for the counter culture too because why waste your time hating on something that dumb.

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember enjoying the 80's cartoon when I was a wee lad. I tried watching a couple episodes of the new series but it didn't do anything for me.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never seen it. Based on what ive seen and heard on the internet... I don't want to.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I used to be a huge pony fan, but I don't ever bring it up on these message boards cause there's plenty of dedicated fansites for pony stuff if people wanted to talk about it. Also, there's not really much to say about the show in the end, it's pretty simple and straightforward.

Uppercaseccc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Uppercaseccc

yes

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but I kinda feel bad for some of the people that do. Look up Bronies on Youtube and the comments for a lot of the videos are pretty disturbing. (Death threats and kys kinda shit)

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

say hello to my little pony

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23  Edited By jakob187

Yes, I do.

Now can we get a thread closure on this before it turns into what every MLP thread turns into?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By Video_Game_King
Loading Video...

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ottoman673

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck no.

Avatar image for positivelypudding
positivelypudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187 said:

Yes, I do.

Now can we get a thread closure on this before it turns into what every MLP thread turns into?

I agree, a closure would probably be smart. It has been surprisingly tame so far, but I fear it's only a matter of time before it turns into a madhouse.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

... I'm getting over it.The whole thing, and by that I mean fandom, show, etc., has moved away from where I want to associate with it. So way to go weird Bronies, you've driven back to normal person television. Hi ho Broadchurch!

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing against the show itself. The show is good! Great program for kids to watch, compared to most of the crap that they get fed on TV these days.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

No but you guys can do what you like even if it weirds me out.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Nothing against the show itself. The show is good! Great program for kids to watch, compared to most of the crap that they get fed on TV these days.

What else are you comparing that to? I've been catching up on kids TV lately and what I've seen is pretty great; Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated might go into my top 3 cartoon list, after like Last Airbender and... Danny Phantom/Kim Possible or something.
Adventure time and regular show are pretty good too.on topic, never seen and no interest. It's probably pretty well made but the fanbase ruined any interest I have.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#31  Edited By jacksukeru

I used to watch it during summer mornings as a kid.

Loading Video...

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Never seen the show. However....the hardcore bronies are fucking mutants.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

No, and I refuse to try it! I've heard it's a gateway drug.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer Apocalypse Pony.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta: Pretty much all of those shows you mentioned are at least alright. Avatar: The Last Airbender is great, and Mystery Inc. was surprisingly good. I'm mostly comparing it to the things my niece watches- the live-action shows for kids on Nickelodeon and such, where the main theme seems to be "Act like a moron and a jerk 99 percent of the time and you'll get whatever you want".

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Belegorm

No I don't like it. Cute ponies don't appeal to me much and I don't want to get hooked onto a show featuring them (especially considering that some of the people I know have gotten hooked).

I've gotten into plenty of weird shit in my time but I don't want to make ponies one of those things.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By rentfn

I also used to watch it after school. It was on between Glow worms and Teddy Ruxpin

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems fine. I'm not really into the show, but I think some of the memes and community around it are fun. I'm glad it's around.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By audiosnow

It seems like a fairly clever, well animated, and decent show. I've no negative feelings toward anyone who enjoys it, no matter how far removed from the target audience they might be.

But if one makes a big deal about being outside of a target audience, as if liking something "you aren't supposed to" is some great irony, then one, not the show, is the problem.

EDIT: Just so it's clear, I've seen about sixty seconds of footage. My vote was "Never Tried."

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Strife777

Never watched and probably never will. No interest.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm really not, no. I'm sure it's a fine kids show, but I don't... really see the appeal. I checked some out to see what all the fuss was about, and it didn't grab me. However, a few years ago, I was one of those "anime is for jerks" people, so maybe I'll come around to it.

...but I'm going to ask you, if that ever happens, please put a bullet through my goddamn brain.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Naw man I'm a grown ass man....

....I watch Adventure Time.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

No. Nothing against it, but I will never watch it.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can definitely see the appeal, but it doesn't click with me. Well animated, good voice acting, well written.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By alwaysbebombing

I'm not a little girl who needs a show about women empowerment. So, no.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like getting up in the morning, grabbing a cup of coffee. Then i get in my white van and drive around schools looking for other people who like the ponies.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Friend sweared up and down that it was a good show. He compared it to Adventure Time, but I don't really see the comparison... I think AT has more for everyone while MLP makes me feel like I'm a Jew at a Nazi convention.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

The show is fantastic. My favorite thing on tv. Fuck the ignorant haters who can't comprehend someone outside the primary marketed audience enjoying it. I find it funny how people are allowed to like Adventure Time but oh no, not that girly pony show, people who like that are creepy and weird. Such hypocrisy.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Canteu

@immortalsaiyan: But, the problem is those people are creepy and weird. They're not creepy and weird because they like MLP, they are just creepy and weird but happen to like MLP.