Reviews are out.....The greatest hits of NFS games.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

US Gamer - 5/5

Need for Speed: Rivals takes some of the best features from prior franchise entries and combines them with a seamless single-multiplayer mode to create an absolutely terrific, utterly bonkers race-and-chase game that looks and sounds as good as it drives

Gamespot -8/10

Need for Speed: Rivals is very much in the tradition of Hot Pursuit, but that great, familiar gameplay has been infused with enough new elements to make it as thrilling here as it's ever been. It sure is good to hit the open road again.

Playstation Lifestyle - 8.5/10

So, how do you make a series still feel fresh after twenty titles? By listening to your fans, knowing what works and what the fans want, and by delivering a game that’s more than just a seasonal refresher. Need for Speed Rivals is clearly ready for the next generation of gaming, and so are we.

Expect more reviews to come out soon. The general consensus is that it is in line with Hot pursuit and includes a working seamless single-multiplayer mode.

Now the 2 week wait begins......

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Awesome. Is PC release at the same time as the rest?

Sounds great though.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Guess I know my last game I'm getting for my ps4

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything I have seen of this game looks fantastic.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

It is a shame it isn't coming out this week for PS4. Because once I get my hot hands on Forza 5, I just don't know if there is going to be enough room in my life for NFS.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm very happy now that I got this as a part of that Amazon buy two get one deal.

Now if only Amazon would actually ship it to me. And my PS4.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#7  Edited By Marino  Staff

It is a shame it isn't coming out this week for PS4. Because once I get my hot hands on Forza 5, I just don't know if there is going to be enough room in my life for NFS.

It's out. I have it.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jimmyfenix

@hosstile17: The game is out today for PS4. Some retailers have delivered the game today while others are waiting for the 19th for some strange reason.

@artisanbreads: The PC version along with the current gen versions will be out on the 19th.

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yes, got my second PS4 retail game sorted.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@artisanbreads: The PC version along with the current gen versions will be out on the 19th.

Thanks man. I'll look for it then.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Looks awesome. I'm strapped on cash right now, so I hope I can find it discounted during the sales later this month.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

wait wait wait I was lead to believe this was worthless garbage, it being capped at 30fps and all....

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I don't think that I have room for two driving games in my life at the same time since I already know I'm picking up Forza 5 at launch. I will however definitely check this out once the price drops and I start pining for a new racing experience.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vanick

My copy is on it's way from Gamefly. Looking forward to checking it out.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

Man, I really want to get it. I really do... But Forza 5...

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I do have 30 bucks in PSN credit from the promo that just ended so I guess im picking it up digitally. Still wish i could pimp out my ride with crazy lcds in the trunk.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By Humanity

I dunno the appeal of racing games is slowly being lost on me when games like GTA offer a very similar experience with a lot more freedom.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

wait wait wait I was lead to believe this was worthless garbage, it being capped at 30fps and all....

I don't know where you get your info, but games are only garbage if they run at less than 1080p. This game has all the p's, so it's automatically great

DBrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excited for another Criterion-ish racer. I really enjoyed Hot Pursuit (I enjoyed Most Wanted more, but that's fine). Hope the PC version is good.

Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you can't find it in stores it is available for digital download in the store. Also don't forget you get $10 off since the PS4 comes with a $10 store credit code.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Cool, glad I got it for $10. Haven't dug into a NFS game since Hot Pursuit.

LeYcH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I guess this will be my first NFS game I try in a while.
Most of the recent games haven't caught my attention.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

What I saw of it on the stream....seemed boring and the opposite of why I would play it. Racing games just aren't for me and glad I didn't waste my free game on this. It's probably really good just not my cup of tea.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of all the coverage I've seen this game has easily climbed itself to the top of games that makes me want to pick up a console when they are availbale here.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By e30bmw

Hot Pursuit is one of my top 10 games of the the last gen, so when I pick up a PS4, I'll pick this up as well.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27  Edited By Seppli

Everything I see and hear and read about it in the reviews is fantastic. Looking forward to getting my copy on the 29th with my PS4. That said, I'm super irritated about the review scores. Gamespot's video review makes it sound like mana from heaven, and it just gets an 8 in the end. Same with GamesRadar and its 3.5 star review.

How can one of the most fun games of the year -at least if what they're saying rings true- only be a 8 out of 10, or 3.5 out 5? It's like the perfect Need for Speed game can only get 4 out of 5 stars from some outlets - because they're unable to love anymore.

Need for Speed is a meat and potatoes franchise. Nothing fancy, but for those not too cynical or hip for a down to earth arcarde racing game, it can be the best flippin' gaming meal of the year.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looked great on the PS4 stream, but getting my forza fix instead.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@dbrim said:

Excited for another Criterion-ish racer. I really enjoyed Hot Pursuit (I enjoyed Most Wanted more, but that's fine). Hope the PC version is good.

Finally! Nice to see someone else who liked Most Wanted more than Hot Pursuit. My friends think I'm crazy.

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By Rekt_Hed

@falconer said:

@dbrim said:

Finally! Nice to see someone else who liked Most Wanted more than Hot Pursuit. My friends think I'm crazy.

Your friends are right you are crazy. I couldn't stomach Most Wanted AT ALL! Either way I'm relieved after the revelation that killzone aint all its cracked up to be that I have a decent game to play at launch other than just resogun.

spookytapes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is super fun! Playing it on PS4 right now.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I need it so fucking bad.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ordered it last week along with my other two buy-2-get-1 games on Amazon last week, but they went out of stock before they shipped my copy, so I'm still waiting for restock. Looking forward to playing it, though!