Brad calm down, and slow down.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coons84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Watching the quick look was just brutal. I'm not religious but boy does Brad say about God this and Christ that a lot. It's called a remix for a reason, you shouldn't be blown away when they change something, or that you can't complete it for the first time. I've never been this off-put from a video before. I think Brad is concrete important reason of why Giant Bomb is awesome, but damn man this video is just a complete turn off.

RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Or it is because our reflexes tend to dull as we age and he knows he used to be good at these games and playing this is a painful reminder.

coons84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By coons84

True, I can understand that I guess, along with the lag he was experiencing before he was looking directly at the gamepad.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game seems kinda dull, though. It seems like minimal effort went into creating the "remix" aspect of the game. While there might have been a lag issue with their setup, it wouldn't surprise me if the emulation was just poorly done. To be honest, I think the NES remix games are just mildly crap and unimaginative.

People are quick to jump on Brad for pretty much everything. I would say that it is because he reacts to it (e.g. referencing the insults slung at him in other videos) but also because there seems to be a built up stereotype of Brad being bad at games. Not saying he is perfect, no one ever is, but people need to cut the dude some slack.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dno man, this shit doesnt seem like helpful advice or criticism or whatever...

i guess it kinda weirds me out seeing massive amounts of dudes getting upset over a guy who plays games in a way they dont agree with in some trivial way. like it really bugs people which is something i personally dont get.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@casper_ said:

i dno man, this shit doesnt seem like helpful advice or criticism or whatever...

i guess it kinda weirds me out seeing massive amounts of dudes getting upset over a guy who plays games in a way they dont agree with in some trivial way. like it really bugs people which is something i personally dont get.

Yep,

Quick looks are designed to show what a game is, He isn't trying to S rank it.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Brad has performance anxiety, in which he puts extra pressure on himself to succeed.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this thread is terrible.

also i think everyone kinda has that "i can do better" or "what are you doing?" thought in the back of the head when someone is playing a part of a game there stuck on.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

@coons84:

He has performance anxiety. Like we all would if we were asked to play a game while being recorded. Making a thread about his inability to play well while doing the very thing that causes him anxiety probably will do the exact opposite of what you seem to want; for Brad to play games better in quick looks.

So...

jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched it, and I think it just shows how a normal person would play it. They're quickfire things which you can jump straight back into if you go wrong - it doesn't matter if you misjudge your movements. Eventually you'll get there.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is not good enough to call someone out on. Also, who cares how good Brad is at playing the game? It's a Quick Look, not an S rank playthrough

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Evilsbane

1. He is trying to talk while playing, try to hold an actual conversation while playing sometime it is tough.

2. He was experiencing lag on the setup you can even hear it in the audio almost a full second for many of those games it would be insane.

3. He got 2+ stars on almost every level he did, the only one he messed up on hard was the Kirby level because he wasn't using the umbrella.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

While we certainly welcome constructive criticism of the staff on the site a thread that is simply criticizing the quality of play isn't something we want to see on the forums. As such this thread is being locked.