Does importing a 3DS within format (PAL) have any issues?

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pazy

I was planning to pick up a "New Nintendo 3DS XL" to replace my older, well work 3DS. Since its about £180/£190 in the UK I looked around and Amazon France will sell me one for £150 with expedited shipping. Does anyone know if this is exactly the same system? Can I just change it to UK/English, log into my Nintendo ID (and system transfer) then get playing or do I have any other hurdles to get over?

Hopefully someone knows, thanks!

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By PrivodOtmenit

EU 3DS' are all the same and have been for a while ever since Nintendo did the dick move of removing the power adapters. You just pick English on startup.

I ordered one from Amazon France myself. A regular 3DS though as I'm a sucker for those face buttons.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#3  Edited By alistercat

It's the same. Make sure you DO NOT log in with your nintendo ID on the new system before doing a transfer. You will screw yourself.

My majoras mask edition 3DS is going to arrive tomorrow, and I ordered from the Nintendo Store. 2 days early.

Edit: Here is an interactive guide for upgrading from a 3DS to the new 3DS for the system transfer so that you don't mess anything up.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Qe_sEUuQEehuceduWfnMUnPeGFcbKw0MINsSHg6XNRQ/viewform?edit_requested=true&fbzx=-8894199349507326307

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Thanks for the help guys. I ordered a system last night so Im hoping for good shipping.