New 3DS is giving me superpowers.

noval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well, just the one really.

So I've never owned a 3DS system or any other glasses-free 3D device before and this is sort of freaking me out a little, so I thought I'd ask around whether anyone else experienced this.

Basically after 2 days of non-stop catching up with Pokemon/Fire Emblem//3D Land/Ace Attourney in 3D my eyes seem to be stuck in 3D mode. Any 2D webpage I look at has a noticeable 3D effect, not as pronounced as the actual 3DS but it is there. Also my monitor is 1080p but suddenly I seem to be noticing individual pixels from a greater distance. It's not causing any noticeable eyestrain or headaches it's just... well it's trippy as fuck. This doesn't seem to happen with any sort of moving image, only text and pictures, but it is instantaneous and everything seems to have the "correct" depth.

few bits of info about myself:

• I'm a bit near-sighted (-1.0/-1.2)
  • I don't wear glasses while playing the 3DS
  • I've probably been awake a bit too long
  • I'm not high
  • To my knowledge I have never been diagnosed with any type of mental disorder

tl;dr: n3DS is hacking my brain, the fuck?

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you have 3D that lasts longer than 4 hours, please seek medical attention, for this could be a sign of a serious adverse reaction...

Its...it's an erectile disfunction ad joke...get it? Get iiittt???

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

I showed my new 3DS to my dad who can't see in 3d ever due to constant double vision caused by a mini stroke and he could see the screen in 3D to my big surprise. But maybe his brain has gotten better and his normal 3d works now, who knows.

If you want some weird eye vision for a while stare into this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJI3aWlqgY0

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

Go to sleep or take a nap is the the best thing you can do. It's not a medical issue, it's more that your brains are trying to extrapolate everything to 3D after it has been accustomed to viewing stereo-optic 3D. Sleep deprivation has a lot to do with it, your V1 (Visual Cortex) in the back of your brains is just very tired.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Comedy Answer: Gotta clean out your eyes bleach will do it.

Real Answer: Get some sleep.

Seriously the 3D effect is essential just focusing your eyes differently than you normal would. I had a very similar effect when I would play Guitar Hero or Rock Band for extended periods of time where my eyes would drift like they do when the note highway would be coming down. At worst turn the 3D down if it really affects you.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wear an eye patch. Problem solved!

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forcen: I read a blog a long while back written by a dude who'd been unable to see in 3D for the entirety of his life, for the same reason you describe. He was first able to see in 3D when looking at a 3DS, said it was quite a transformative experience.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of great advice in this thread however the most mindbogglingly simple piece of advice possible has somehow eluded everyone... OP, just try turning the 3D off for a day or two maybe? I promise the games still look and play fine.

noval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quick update after some sleep:

It's mostly gone now. Obviously I did turn of the 3D immediately after I started noticing the effect and I'm probably not going to turn it on for extended periods, maybe it's just my brain needing time to get used to it.

Still no headaches or eyestrain, hell I was almost enjoying the effect even if it was freaking me out slightly. Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So I noticed this happening to me too, sort of like how when you play guitar hero for too long everything goes wavy.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Look at this and tell me what you see.

No Caption Provided

Answer: Tony Danza.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you know EVERYTHING is in 3d maaaaaaan?

Woooaaaahhhhh

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look at this and tell me what you see.

No Caption Provided

Answer: Tony Danza.

A schooner!

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Did you know EVERYTHING is in 3d maaaaaaan?

Woooaaaahhhhh

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for subliminalkitteh
SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers