• 108 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll will you be getting one? (296 votes)

Yes 48%
No 33%
Wait for XX bundle 8%
Wait for iteration X 10%

With the new 3DS likely to be coming out 13/2 (2/13 for our American cousins) will you be getting one?

I myself have been waiting for the 2nd iteration for the 3DS so I’ll get this day one or when the monster hunter bundle comes out.

Source

• 
Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'll wait until there are actually games for it. Already played Xenoblade on Wii and didn't particularly care for it.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes, because I'm a total sucker.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Living abroad and Nintendo's region locking don't mix.

Note to Nintendo: Stop region locking your shit!!!! It's the 21st century already.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't owned a nintendo handheld since the DSlite. I'll pick one of these up when it's bundled with something or I can get it during a sale. I'll also only get the XL version.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Eventually to satiate my occasional need for playing Pokemon competitively.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I can't go back to a smaller screen. You can't make me!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't go back to a smaller screen. You can't make me!

There's a New 3DS XL.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought the 3DS and the XL, I'm not giving Nintendo money for a third.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yeah, I bought one when it launched here in Australia, it's been a nice upgrade from my launch 3DS.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

last DS I got was the DS I model, I haven't owned a 3ds/2ds, this seems like a quality model to jump in on so I think I will buy one + Persona Q

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never bought a nintendo handheld console.

I wanna play Professor Layton and Link Between Worlds but i don't think that it is enough justification to buy a console.. I might do though.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Corevi

@giant_gamer: There are like 7 Professor Layton games. One of them being a crossover with Phoenix Wright which might get you into that series.

Shishkabob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Shishkabob

I won't be picking one up day one, but I'll certainly be getting one. I have a 3DS right now, but my old fridge must have been envious of the amount of time I used it, causing water damage. I can't lay the thing down without it shutting down anymore...

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

I'll wait till it has the games I like, and I'll think about it.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I bought a 3DS XL last year so it'd be a bit early for me to upgrade.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I might. I just want to see how transferring games will work with it since I have a fair number of digitally-bought games on my 3DS.

I may not though. My 3DS still works fine and I have a backlog of around 6 games for it.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, I didn't upgrade to an XL. I still have my original black/grey 3DS from 2011. So, for me, it is a great opportunity to go ahead and upgrade and get more than just the bigger screen and better battery. I'll also get that great little C-stick/IBM Thinkpad nub along with a faster, snappier UI and the ability to play N3DS exclusives. It's a win-win for me.

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They just announced a Majora's Mask New 3DS XL bundle. I am going to have 3 3DSs', two of which are XL and Zelda themed... How the fuck am I supposed to justify this? God dammit, Nintendo...

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Really wanted to, super bummed out to see the Majora's Mask 3DS XL sold out so quickly. If I can find one then sure, else I'll probably wait it out some more.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have been thinking about getting one for years, now, with Majora's Mask on the way, I might have to bite the bullet.

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I'll most likely get one, probably when the MH4 bundle hits Europe (if it ever does). I have never owned a Nintendo handheld and the catalogue on 3DS seems large enough with the releases this spring to finally get one.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I've been wanting an XL for a while and I want to play Majora's Mask on that bigger screen, so I hope to get one eventually. I'm baffled at how they are releasing the North American Majora's Mask system without the game. Not that I'd get one, as much as I love gold Zelda carts, a gold system is pretty gaudy to me.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just ordered the Monster Hunter edition. A fool and his money, I guess.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes,mainly for xenoblade chronicles.wasnt interested in a 3ds before,but i really want to play xenoblade.ill buy a new 3ds at some point,but not at launch.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yuuuuuup. I've already ordered that one. I'm sorta glad that I was too slow on getting the Majora's Mask one, since I hear it doesn't even come with the game. WTF Nintendo.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vrikk said:

@oldenglishc said:

Yuuuuuup. I've already ordered that one. I'm sorta glad that I was too slow on getting the Majora's Mask one, since I hear it doesn't even come with the game. WTF Nintendo.

I don't even like Monster Hunter. I just spent an extra thirty bucks because I like the whole fake brushed-aluminum thing it has going on. But I guess that I'm already spending a bunch of money on a thing that does exactly the same stuff as my current 3DS, so might as well double down on wasting money. I'm just a sucker for new hardware.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LeStephan

Nope, goddamnit, the improved 3d sounds awesome but fuck Nintendo for changing the buttons and not sending me an email for an "ambassador" one !!!!......I'm serious about not buying one until they have the proper buttons though. And I did not like the previous xl for the most part sooo no interest in the MM or MH 3ds either.(+ I dont care for MH)

Glad to see most people are happy with whats on offer though.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

I barely even use my 3DS XL as it is. This is my last console, portable or otherwise, until something revolutionary comes out. No, not next year's New New 3DS.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Only if they release the regular New 3DS in the US, the XL is too big.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really see a reason to get one right now considering there's only one game exclusive to it. So...I don't really know why they expect people to buy it? But dammit I want that Majora's Mask one so bad, I just don't know if I can justify buying it right now.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope, bought a xl when it came out. and ended up only playing 2 games on it and then retired it. lasted less then a month. i dont think the handheld is for me

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I held off on getting a 3DS, so I may as well wait a little longer and get this one.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Nope! The 3DS has some good games but honestly I just don't have enough time to play so many games as to make more than a few platforms worth the cost.

UltorOscariot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I feel like I can wait until a bundle or they release the smaller edition. The value proposition feels pretty weak at the moment, and they took away my face plate options.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a monster hunter 4 bundle available at launch. Done. Sold. Take my money. ...and then sell my an AC adapter because it will be my first 3DS.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I think it looks rad, but I can't justify purchasing one since I've already got an XL.

Maybe in another life...!

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the original 3DS.

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By officer_falcon

I want one but I want a regular sized one. My ambassador 3ds could use an upgrade and I prefer the smaller form factor for easier pocket placement.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I see people who don't own a 3DS, I'm kinda just like what? It's the new-gen system with the most console exclusives, and great ones too haha.

Anyway, I don't know about this.....on the one hand, I only have a vanilla 3DS and I want to play new xenoblade. On the other hand.......money.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I'm probably gonna end up getting the Majora's Mask special edition. I went and bought one from Gamestop to flip on eBay (Because I'm a horrible person), but I might get it a few months afterwards just to make sure I'm not just wanting it because it's a fancy and shiny new thing.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By Atwa

I preordered the Monster Hunter one. I have a regular 3DS since way back, feeling like upgrading.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By nasp

When I see people who don't own a 3DS, I'm kinda just like what? It's the new-gen system with the most console exclusives, and great ones too haha.

Anyway, I don't know about this.....on the one hand, I only have a vanilla 3DS and I want to play new xenoblade. On the other hand.......money.

well im just not interested in alot of the exclusives.i dont really love mario or donkey kong or anything of that kind.the only games on 3ds im interested in is pokemon,fire emblem,zelda games and xenoblade.so i understand why people buy it and i think it has alot of great games,but there wasnt enough games i cared about enough to drop the money on a 3ds.ill pay full price for a 3ds just to play xenoblade though,and then all the other stuff is a bonus.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

The 3DS has a ton of games I'm interested in, but I really shouldn't buy one knowing my past experience with handhelds in that I don't use them very much.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wanted the non-XL new 3DS. I would've bought that the second it was available. Shame it isn't coming over here.

Vessel28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Vessel28

I have a feeling they will release a new model with a better second analog stick...

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not at the moment, but it's possible if they end up developing more than 1 game for it.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I just got a ballin ass mario themed 3ds xl during black friday so not planning on it. The only exclusive for it is the xenoblade game right? Never played one so that's not a biggie.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Yes, but I plan on waiting at least until Black Friday (or thereabouts). No need to buy one until there's a good sale.