#1 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Owner does not care at all. Even called him out on it and got ignored.

Edit. Removed their website. No reason to give them page hits.

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10888 posts) -

Someone should tell Nintendo about this.

#3 Edited by Andorski (5268 posts) -

If you're up in arms about someone using another's IP and infringing copyright laws...

let me tell you about this place called China.

#4 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

What exactly is it that's happening?

#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
#6 Edited by Spoonman671 (4595 posts) -

I'm not sure why you care.

#7 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
#9 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@the_laughing_man said:

@jjweatherman said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@jjweatherman said:

V.A

Well this is all very cryptic. I'm going to leave now.

Virginia....

He asked what, not "where"

Also yeah, just contact Nintendo, they seem to like shutting down whomever for using their stuff

#10 Edited by spookytapes (263 posts) -

Yeah, bring legal trouble to some independent janitor, sounds like a great idea.

#11 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

That is dumb.. that's like putting Mickey Mouse or a can of Coca Cola on there. Just makes you look sleazy too.

#12 Edited by Zeik (2358 posts) -

I'm guessing he's using Mario to sell whatever that is behind him?

If it was a cheesy knock-off I could get behind it, but that's so blatant that's it's just dumb.

#13 Posted by ThunderSlash (1674 posts) -

I've seen small businesses do this shit all the time.

#14 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@the_laughing_man said:

@jjweatherman said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@jjweatherman said:

V.A

Well this is all very cryptic. I'm going to leave now.

Virginia....

He asked what, not "where"

Also yeah, just contact Nintendo, them seem to like shutting down whomever for using their stuff

Sorry misread it. The site is flipping out left and right.

Its for some floor cleaning company.

#15 Posted by spookytapes (263 posts) -

"Sir! SIR! Are you aware you're violating Nintendo's copyright with your floor cleaning van?"

#16 Posted by Kaiserreich (690 posts) -

How dare they violate Nintendo's copyrighted works!

#17 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@spookytapes: Should probably not have done something that's technically not legal in the first place and then advertised it like that.
There's "not smart" and then there's "just asking for it to happen like a dumbass"

#18 Edited by agentboolen (1761 posts) -

@the_laughing_man: Ehhhh who knows maybe he is a fan of Mario. I don't know why you care so much, its not like the customers who hire him are thinking he is working directly for Nintendo.

#19 Edited by RonGalaxy (3098 posts) -

Hurting an individual and helping a corporation is wrong in my book. Why should @the_laughing_man report them, who's it really hurting??

#20 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Hurting an individual and helping a corporation is wrong in my book. Why dont you just ignore it? Who's it really hurting?

I never said I reported it. I just said " You know thats a copy righted thing" An he shurged it off an I went back to my pepsi.

#21 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@naru_joe93 said:

Hurting an individual and helping a corporation is wrong in my book. Why dont you just ignore it? Who's it really hurting?

I never said I reported it. I just said " You know thats a copy righted thing" An he shurged it off an I went back to my pepsi.

Actually now that I think about it, as much fun as it would be to report him Nintendo probably wouldn't do much about it in 2013. This is the year of Luigi after all

#22 Posted by RonGalaxy (3098 posts) -

@naru_joe93 said:

Ah, sorry. I go so caught up with what a few other commenters were saying. I meant to target it towards them, not you (i'll fix that)

#23 Edited by BIGJEFFREY (4917 posts) -

#24 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@the_laughing_man said:

@naru_joe93 said:

Ah, sorry. I go so caught up with what a few other commenters were saying. I meant to target it towards them, not you (i'll fix that)

I like how people assume I care so much. I just find the BLATANT ripoff amusing.

#25 Edited by RonGalaxy (3098 posts) -

@the_laughing_man said:

@naru_joe93 said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@naru_joe93 said:

I like how people assume I care so much. I just find the BLATANT ripoff amusing.

I SAID I WAS SAWWY!!!! And yeah, I also find this stuff hilarious. My local dollar store sells extremely ripped off yugioh cards, and their poor quality is amusing

#26 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1850 posts) -

Whatever, it's not like they don't fuckin' slap Mario on just about everything themselves these days anyway.

#27 Posted by csl316 (8413 posts) -

On my way to work, I always see a dude's van where he's drawn up as a Simpson's character. And I always go "hmmm..."

#28 Edited by mlarrabee (2920 posts) -

After the "It's on like Donkey Kong" fiasco Nintendo doesn't deserve copyright privilege.

#29 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

After the "It's on like Donkey Kong" fiasco Nintendo doesn't deserve copyright privilege.

SHHH DONT SAY IT.

#30 Posted by Evilsbane (4591 posts) -

@mlarrabee said:

SHHH DONT SAY IT.

Flagged.

All Hail Nintendo!

#31 Posted by JackSukeru (5909 posts) -

Reminds me of this ice cream business that had some sort of competition to produce a mascot for their "tiger" ice cream, or something, and someone had apparently submitted a picture of Meowth recolored in tiger colors.

They had picked it and gots in tarble.

#32 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Reminds me of this ice cream business that had some sort of competition to produce a mascot for their "tiger" ice cream, or something, and someone had apparently submitted a picture of Meowth recolored in tiger colors.

They had picked it and gots in tarble.

I might need to rebrand this topic into " Best ripoff you have ever seen"

#33 Edited by handlas (2675 posts) -

Don't really get why people kind of jumped on the OP. All this does, imo, is make his company look unprofessional and dumb. So he's only hurting himself. Not that I would ever need to hire such a service myself.

What did his website look like? Did it have Mario everywhere?

#34 Posted by mlarrabee (2920 posts) -

@mlarrabee said:

SHHH DONT SAY IT.

I tried for a while to find that South Park clip of Stan yelling, daring Tom Cruse to sue him. I failed.

#35 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@handlas said:

Don't really get why people kind of jumped on the OP. All this does, imo, is make his company look unprofessional and dumb. So he's only hurting himself. Not that I would ever need to hire such a service myself.

What did his website look like? Did it have Mario everywhere?

I would have put more info but the site kept freaking out when I hit the edit button claiming the thread was not here.

He has mario in the upper left corner. Its a super low budget looking website.

#36 Edited by notdavid (837 posts) -

There's a hardware store near where I live that also uses Mario as their mascot. It's weird and funny, but not really hurting anyone.

#37 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4337 posts) -

Ok

#38 Posted by believer258 (11785 posts) -

So... Are there any fucking plumbers that use Mario as a mascot?

#40 Posted by Andorski (5268 posts) -

#41 Edited by MHumphreys89 (713 posts) -

I'm with @believer258 if you're going to use Mario at least be in the plumbing trade.

#42 Posted by Hunter5024 (5612 posts) -

Why do you care?

So... Are there any fucking plumbers that use Mario as a mascot?

My town has plumbers with mascots who are italians with mustaches that wear green and red overalls.

#43 Edited by Hamst3r (4481 posts) -

This is on the front of the menus at a restaurant north of where I live.

"Senora Pupusa", right, that's who that is. FACE STEALER.

#44 Posted by Milkman (16637 posts) -

Miyamoto is going to starve to death because of this evil small business owner. Thanks Obama.

#45 Posted by afabs515 (1019 posts) -

You should tell them about it. That way, Nintendo can SUE. THAT. GUY.

#46 Posted by TheHT (11128 posts) -

@notdavid said:

There's a hardware store near where I live that also uses Mario as their mascot. It's weird and funny, but not really hurting anyone.

It hurts the brand, man. It hurts Mario.

#47 Posted by Flappy (2195 posts) -

Nintendo is gonna send out the Greninjas.

#48 Posted by PandaBear (1355 posts) -

Why do people feel the need to defend big corporations? Look this is obvious copyright infringement and if Nintendo finds out they're fucked... but I love local business doing dodgy shit like this. I mean who hasn't seen a stupid Superman knock off somewhere?

#49 Posted by Jay_Ray (1077 posts) -