Games to buy for the ride to school

Luca717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

yooooo,

so I'm starting a new college in two weeks, and have a ads that i don't use often, and i plan on using it for the commute to school between the bus and train (because I'm too cheap to use my gas to drive). I currently own fire emblem, and Pokemon x and haven't beat either of them, but plan on doing it. but i have been itching to get a game digitally since i got a big sd card, and was wondering what is good for passing time and not super serious about getting into a story or something. I was thinking about things like pushmo, super Mario 3d land which i heard was great, and maybe ocarina of time since i have never played a zelda game before (don't hate i know I'm a terrible person).

what are your opining on a game to get! i need to knowwwwwww!!

thanks

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Picross 1-4 + Mario's Picross.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

ProjectXZone and Link Between Worlds. If you ever want more story based games get SMT4 and Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Corevi
@sethphotopoulos said:

ProjectXZone and Link Between Worlds. If you ever want more story based games get SMT4 and Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies.

Project X Zone is not a very good game unless you really like fanservice. The other 3 games I wholeheartedly recommend though.

Professor Layton x Phoenix Wright is coming out soon as is Phoenix Wright Trilogy if you want all the absurd Japanese legal system you can handle.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@luca717: 3D Land is amazing but I would recommend A Link Between Worlds over Ocarina of Time.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@sethphotopoulos said:

Project X Zone is not a very good game unless you really like fanservice. The other 3 games I wholeheartedly recommend though.

I don't know a lot about the characters in ProjectXZone but the part where you play it is fun. Awful story.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@corruptedevil said:
@sethphotopoulos said:

I don't know a lot about the characters in ProjectXZone but the part where you play it is fun. Awful story.

I need at least a decent story in an RPG. It's the same problem I have with Disgaea 3 and Bravely Default. The gameplay is a step up from anything that came before but the story is so awful that I have no reason to see it through.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By csl316

Theathrhythm is great, just put on some headphones. And since it's split up by fairly short songs, you can play for 5 minutes or 2 hours. Every time I pick it up, I end up playing for way too long.

Though you might wanna wait for Curtain Call's release in a month!

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

I highly recommend Picross 3D, if you can get it. It's a DS game but it's a really good bite-sized puzzle game. I'd even say it's better than Pushmo.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Animal Crossing maybe? I got bored of it after a month or so but for the time it was good game to play for 30 minutes a day. You might get more out of it than I did.

Also 3D Land is great. Ocarina of Time is good too but probably not a good game to play on a commute.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

DUDE! I picked up Picross DS a couple months ago, and playing it on 3Ds. It's such an awesome game series. YES! GET THAT!

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Super Mario 3D Land for sure. I mean you're already thinking about it.

I played Ocarina of Time for the first time recently on the 3DS and its pretty meh... you have to put some effort into it to get to the more interesting dungeons (Loved the Water Temple). Link Between Worlds is much better as Xanadu mentioned earlier.

Digital Wise? Dunno really, I find the 3DS has a pretty bland/expensive selection. I just got Another World 20th Anniversary Edition but I wouldn't recommend it unless you played it back in the day and can accept they fucked up by not actually putting the console/megadrive music in it (even though there is a setting that says Console Music, it doesn't have the console music at all)

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mosespippy

@crithon said:

@beachthunder said:

DUDE! I picked up Picross DS a couple months ago, and playing it on 3Ds. It's such an awesome game series. YES! GET THAT!

I don't know about Picross 2-4 but Picross 1 is just a selection of 5x5 to 15x15 puzzles from Picross DS. If you have played Picross DS don't get the 3DS eshop games. If you haven't played Picross DS, get that instead.

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

If it's for a bus ride to school, you can't go wrong with a Professor Layton game. Unless you are having trouble on a difficult puzzle, it's quick pick up and play would be perfect for a bus ride. Plus, if you get Miracle Mask (the one I have), you'll get access to 365 free puzzles to download.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Etrian Odyssey IV if you want an RPG that isn't very story driven to pick up for ten minutes or an hour. It's a first person dungeon crawler, random battles, turn-based, and so on.

For digital games, Shovel Knight. I'd go so far as to say that Shovel Knight is the single best game on the 3DS. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is about as good.

Don't forget that closing the 3DS automatically puts it to sleep for most games. I've made a habit of picking it up and playing it for a little while, closing it, and picking it up some time later. This will probably be a great feature if you're using the 3DS for travel.

edsone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

For your needs I'd say Professor Layton, Animal Crossing, Pushmo, Crashmo, Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong Returns (I guess, haven't played on 3DS), Youkai Watch 1 & 2 (not released yet in the west but works well comutting), Pokémon etc. There're probably many others but I don't own too many 3DS games to know.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I love the 3DS to death. TO DEATH. But if you only really need one game - A Link Between Worlds. It kept me hooked and is one of the few games I did to 100%. It's just so damn rewarding and the side quests are excellent.

For a download game - SteamWorld Dig is much better than you'd think. It's really just about tunnelling and getting better equipment to dig deeper but again it kept me hooked for a week solid. It's another game where I wanted to see it all.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@crithon said:

@beachthunder said:

I don't know about Picross 2-4 but Picross 1 is just a selection of 5x5 to 15x15 puzzles from Picross DS. If you have played Picross DS don't get the 3DS eshop games. If you haven't played Picross DS, get that instead.

Are they really the same? I haven't played Picross DS.

Anyway, Picross 3 and 4 have the mega picross puzzles, which I really enjoyed. Basically, the clues for each pixel are spread across two columns/rows, which can get really tricky.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy said:

@crithon said:

@beachthunder said:

Are they really the same? I haven't played Picross DS.

Anyway, Picross 3 and 4 have the mega picross puzzles, which I really enjoyed. Basically, the clues for each pixel are spread across two columns/rows, which can get really tricky.

I didn't recognize every puzzle, but I did recognize about 20% of them, which is a lot considering I played Picross DS 5 years ago. I assume the rest are also the same and that I just don't remember them.

Sherlock22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luca717: Mighty Switch Force is one of my favorite games on the 3ds store, just make sure you bench at least 300 before using your ds on the bus so the other kids cant call you a dork and take your lunch money.