#1 Edited by mr187uk (120 posts) -

I've just got a 3DS XL, and I'm amazed at the 3D.

As I have a PS3 and Vita I assumed (Yes I know, it makes an ASS out of U and ME) that the Wii U and 3DS would transfer ID and friend lists to each other, but after some Googling I'm unable to find a way to transfer my friends from my Wii U to my 3D XL- Any pointer?

Just waiting for MH3U to download on it and then I can sync up my Wii U game and then grind at work (on my lunch of course!!)

#2 Posted by Marino (4101 posts) -

@mr187uk: Pretty sure everything is separate between the two (i.e. friends lists, eShop, etc).

Staff Online
#3 Posted by believer258 (11039 posts) -

Unfortunately, on Nintendo systems, things like friends lists and the games you buy on online stores are tied to the system and not to some ID or username or account or anything of that sort; this means that those things do not automatically transfer between systems. You can transfer stuff from one 3DS to another, but you have to have both of them on hand and I'm not sure how the process goes.

#4 Posted by mr187uk (120 posts) -

Thanks for that,

I thought it was strange that my Friends list didn't transfer, is this Nintendo being a bit short sighted? Both consoles where released 2012.

#5 Posted by LiquidPrince (15606 posts) -

@mr187uk said:

Thanks for that,

I thought it was strange that my Friends list didn't transfer, is this Nintendo being a bit short sighted? Both consoles where released 2012.

It's Nintendo being idiots and not realizing how HUMANS want to actually use technology.

#6 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I have to imagine that will be rectified. I cannot believe in 2013 if your system dies, so do all your games.

Tying games to accounts has been around for a long ass time. I'll use Steam as the earliest, most obvious example. (2003 onwards)