Just Bought a New 3DS XL...Should I buy a new Micro card?

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So my New 3DS XL came today. I noticed that it only has 4GB of space in it...how far does that go when it comes to save games and/or downloading games from the eShop? I assume the answer is...not very?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

Games are actually really small on 3DS. I use a 8GB card and with the exception of Bravely Default (which is more than double the size of every other 3DS game and it's just overall a game I regret buying) I've never had problems with space, despite having 6 full games on it and a bunch of demos. Saves are stored on the cartridge if you have a physical copy.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes definately. SD cards are pretty cheap and you can't fit many full games on a 4GB card. I upgraded to a 32GB card and now just get everything digitally.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I only use my card for eshop games and save files. I won't buy any full games digitally on Nintendo systems. The 4GB card has been plenty so far.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes absolutely.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

I filled the 4GB in no time. I have a 32 GB now and I assume it will be enough for the rest of its life.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Quantris

You're not going to use it up in one shot, so you can get away with waiting to upgrade until you need it (you can copy files over using a PC). As others have mentioned, if you buy mostly physical games then the provided 4GB will last you for a while. That said, it's relatively inexpensive to upgrade to a 32GB or even 64GB card; if you've found a good deal then you might as well do it.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great, thanks for your advice duders. Very helpful!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sd is cheap as dirt, go for it.

Thanks to ps+ my vita filled up a LOT faster than my 3ds, but having the space will be good down the line.