Nintendo DIrect tomorrow

rpwll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Heads up everyone, there's a Nintendo Direct on tomorrow focused on the 3DS. For America it's going to be on at 6am Pacific Time / 9am Eastern Time; for Europe / Australia it's 2pm UK Time / 12am Australian Eastern Daylight Time.

Hopefully we see some more news on Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion and Monster Hunter. Some new titles and Miiverse support would be great too. What're you guys hoping for?

leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Details on European releases. We got no solid date for Fire Emblem. There are a few other games that have no release date for over here.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd obviously like my mind to be blown with new titles (like with the WiiU presentation a few weeks ago). I doubt they'd be re-making two Zeldas at once, but I'd really like to see a Majora's Mask port.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I'd obviously like my mind to be blown with new titles (like with the WiiU presentation a few weeks ago). I doubt they'd be re-making two Zeldas at once, but I'd really like to see a Majora's Mask port.

I doubt it's happening, but assuming that the Wind Waker HD game is being developed by a team that didn't do Ocarina of Time 3D, the OoT3D team could conceivably produce a Majora's Mask 3D.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Hector

I can already imagine Iwata doing some type of cheesy valentine day's joke.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By BisonHero
@hailinel said:

@toowalrus

said:

I doubt it's happening, but assuming that the Wind Waker HD game is being developed by a team that didn't do Ocarina of Time 3D, the OoT3D team could conceivably produce a Majora's Mask 3D.

You mean Grezzo (which is an oddly Italian name for a Japanese developer)? Yeah, I mean, sure, if Grezzo doesn't have anything better to be doing. Still, having Ocarina of Time 3D + Wind Waker HD + Majora's Mask 3D, all as separate products, all within the span of like 18 months, is maybe overdoing it a little. I really don't want Nintendo flooding the market with a bunch of 3D remakes of N64 games. I know there are 13-year-olds who weren't even born when Ocarina of Time came out (OH GOD I'M SO OLD), but most of us have already played those games.

I didn't buy OoT 3D or Star Fox 64 3D, and I'm not particularly interested in them moving forward with more 3D remakes.

rpwll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:
@toowalrus said:

I'd like to see a new portable Zelda game on a much grander scale than we're used to from previous handheld titles. The portable Zeldas always tend to feel stripped back and simplified compared to their console counterparts, I feel with the increased grunt of the 3DS they could finally do a proper 3D Zelda for a handheld.

@leinad44 said:

Details on European releases. We got no solid date for Fire Emblem. There are a few other games that have no release date for over here.

Totally, I'm getting bummed out watching all my friends in Japan and America gushing over that game while I sit here waiting for 'April' to roll around.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpwll said:

said:

@toowalrus said:

I'd really like to see a new portable Zelda, something with a scope beyond what we've seen in the past. Portable Zelda games always tend to feel much smaller than their console counterparts, but with the grunt of the 3DS behind a new title I think they could pull of something much grander.

Man, the quote tree formatting seems so damn weird now. Anyway-

@hailinel: Like you, I realize it's possible that's what they're working on, just really unlikely. Hey, they've got to save something for a rainy day stock dip or something, right?

@rpwll: Do they seem small? I actually didn't play Spirit Tracks or Phantom Hourglass, but I played the Hell out of the Oracle games and those were freakin' great.

rpwll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rpwll

@toowalrus: I've only played Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass both of which felt kind of small to me.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I need more adventure games...>_>

Zero Escape 3 seems so far away :(

rpwll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, one more thing, an English-language localisation of Fantasy Life would be amazing.

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Hopefully we finally get a release date on Animal Crossing.

And maybe they'll address the Fire Emblem shipping problems? Still can't find that game in hard copy anywhere.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Surprised no one seen my thread.

Really hoping they finally announce a release date for Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By BisonHero

@toowalrus: Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks both felt pretty small to me. I think dungeon design improved dramatically in the second game, but the overworld felt empty and small in both.

I played it a long time ago, but Link's Awakening seemed fully featured. It actually had a full 8 dungeons that felt quite different, and while the overworld wasn't the size of Link to the Past, it was quite large and had a lot of different areas. I missed out on the Game Boy Color and GBA Zeldas, but the DS Zeldas really just had a much smaller scale.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

We'd better get a damn date for Animal Crossing.

MedalOfMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo needs make Direct every week Like NEWS.