Pokemon Yellow/Red/Blue to be re-released on Nintendo 3ds

Professionlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://nerdist.com/pokemon-red-blue-and-yellow-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-re-releases/

they are straight ports, no widescreen or changes. link cable (via wifi) also supported. That is nice and everything. Set to be released February 27th at midnight eastern. if it can fit on the built-in memory card on my 3ds, ill likely be getting pokemon yellow. HOWEVER, does this mean we can possibly expect a remake (preferably of yellow!!! which missed the GBA remake treatment)? I want to believe because, if im being honest, if they price this at anything more than $5 or thereabouts, it seems like an actual rip-off. It also seems like a poor last-minute 25 year celebration for the franchise.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MezZa

It's hardly last minute. We've known about this since late last year. I think it was at least around the time they announced Cloud for Smash if I remember right. Plus, the special edition new 3DS with the replaceable pokemon face plates is pretty damn cool. It might be different for someone who wasn't a child back when the originals were out, but this is the coolest thing they could have done in my opinion. I'll love having access to the original with no changes (besides wifi connect) just as it was when it took over the playground. (Yeah I know its stupidly easy to emulate on PC and phones, but having it easily on the 3DS just feels more right.) This is for people who want to go on a nostalgia trip pure and simple, or for people who just want the 3DS with the original boxart on it.

Also they're pricing it at $10 for a code on amazon at the moment, in case you were wondering with your price comment.

tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

They're priced at $10 each according to gamestop and I think the eshop. I'd prefer a 3d remake with changes, seeing as I've played both Blue and Yellow a ton when I was little. These are just going to be ports.

Professionlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Professionlol
@tariqari said:

They're priced at $10 each according to gamestop and I think the eshop. I'd prefer a 3d remake with changes, seeing as I've played both Blue and Yellow a ton when I was little. These are just going to be ports.

this would be exactly what I want. give me the 3d engine, give me bulbasaur, charmander, squirtle, and pikachu. also thanks on the pricing info guys... I think I might actually have to pass on it then. I loved yellow back then, but I 100% know that the speed at which that game moves will frustrate me too quickly for me to get the value out of it.

@mezza: wow I totally mustve glazed over that. and i was actually in Japan at the time lmao. (maybe I was just busy)

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You could always buy a second hand copy of Fire Red or Leaf Green if you want to play a remake of the first generation. I myself have no problem with them re-releasing the original versions on the VC especially with the WiFi addition. I'll be more than happy to pay around $10 (likely to be $15 or even $20 here in Aus though because the Aus tax)

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I'm pretty into the idea of having a straight port of the old versions since it'll really provide the full blast of nostalgia which really is what these are for. The idea that I'll be able to see Missingno and get my 99 Master Balls on a 3DS tickles my nostalgia in a stupid way it probably shouldn't.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MezZa

@professionlol: Understandable. It got overshadowed by quite a few of the announcements anyway really. It was kinda just like a "hey we're doing this, and remember those old cable things? Wi-Fi!".

My issue is that if they did a 3D remake they would then have to add a majority of the new additions in this most recent gen. Which means the easy mode xp share, mega evolutions, and probably some additions to make the game easier. (like having tons of npcs that can heal you mid-route and before/after significant battles. Not to mention the free legendary that they gave halfway through ORAS) We have X/Y to see generation one pokemon in the new engine since a vast majority of them are available there. Don't get me wrong, the new gen is cool and a lot of that stuff they added is fun. However, I feel there's really not much of a benefit to releasing yet another graphically remade game for this generation. They'd be better off waiting another generation or two when the next big game innovation hits. If they did it again after ORAS it would just be "oh, this again".

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kasaioni

@professionlol: $10 is actually a really good deal for these games, considering the price you can find for a used cartridge of these games doesn't usually get any lower than $40 on online stores. It was really difficult for me to find a working Crystal cartridge that was less than $60 last time I looked for one online. Local used stores had it for about the same.

Also the connectivity is local wireless only, not wi-fi.

Trading and battling will no longer require the pesky, often tangled, link cable. Unfortunately, the wireless features only work locally, so you won’t be able to link-up with others outside of your vicinity–at least not yet.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Would have loved it if they somehow worked with Gen 6 games. Either way, I think I will get one of them to play through it for old times sake. Haven't played the Gen 1 games in forever.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The Red and Blue edition New 3DS they're releasing alongside these games looks so goddamn sexy. $200 is too much though for a system I sort of own (Old XL) and that's probably on its way out. Unless Nintendo suddenly reveals a shitload of reasons to own a New 3DS out of the Pokemon Blue which I highly doubt.

I'll probably buy Blue and Yellow.