How far have you gotten in Nuclear Throne

Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Garris

3-1 as the purple crystal rocking a shotgun and a triple machine gun is as far as I've made it, using a controller.

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

5_3 using Crystal, I had an energy hammer and some sort of crossbow I think.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've seen the throne. It was either as Robot, Y.V., or Chicken. I far enough int he fight to say "This isn't that bad" and then immediately died.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BisonHero

I've gotten to 6_1 before, using Crystal. I think I don't understand how that level works, I had cleared some guys out, then a couple minor enemies just appeared out of thin air near me at basically melee distance and I suddenly lost like 10 HP because it caught me completely off guard.

...You did not reach the Nuclear Throne.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By WickedCestus

Thought I'd revive this thread to see if anyone still plays this. I play it a few times a week, and can pretty consistently make it to the 5th world, with 7-1 being my max. Tend to favour a grenade launcher + laser rifle / assault rifle. The 5th world is always a struggle for me because of all the melee guys; I have to play super carefully. Very fun game.

If you're lookin' for a good time, play as the 2HP guy for a bit. You will get a lot better at the game.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since my last post I've gone beyond the throne twice. Once as Rebel and the other as Plant. Plant was my best run, since I even got the 'Killer' Ultra Mutation(enemies killed while snared will make little saplings, which home towards other enemies and explode), which is as great as it sounds. I've reached the throne with Y.V. and Robot ,but never past it with them.

When I'm in the zone, I can get to world 5 easily. But usually I'm dying all over the place. Part of me really wants to save my playtime until its closer to completion but I'm already have 42 hours in so I don't think I'll be getting tired of it anytime soon.

taosd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've seen the throne once, but have not gotten past it. I play pretty much exclusively as steroids, and have 92 hours into it.

jjd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looped with Eyes and Y.V. before they changed the end game mechanics (I think you have to destroy the generators during the Throne fight now to loop), but died in the first loop stage. Since official release I've only beaten the Throne with Eyes. It definitely took a while before I could do decent runs consistently. This game is super fun though, even those times I end up blowing myself up by accident with the grenade launcher on 1-1 it's still hilarious and entertaining.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Got to world 7 with the little robot guy. One of my coworkers insisted I play this and now I'm addicted.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I got to the Throne level with Melting once, but got killed pretty quickly there. Strangely enough, I always seem to get further as Melting than any other character.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By militantfreudian

Reached the second boss once; didn't manage to beat it. That's the furthest I've got, after one maybe two hours of short sessions.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got to 5-2 with Crystal. I would have gotten further but I got screwed as soon as I spawned a yeti picked up a car and kamikazed me.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got to the throne once, I think with Plant but I can't remember. I had a pretty unbeatable loadout though: Blood Lust, the ammo equivalent, Shotgun Shoulders and a sawn-off shotgun. Just totally obliterated everything leading up to it. I got hit by the thrones first laser beam, then it crashed - although I think it crashed as I died so no harm really.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

On my third run with Fish I got to 5-1, then not since!

I tend to always go for melee weapons, don't like the screwdriver, but basically every other one that slashes in an arc I think are great.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15 rmanthorp  Moderator

Loop 3-1. I played for a lot on PC but never tried that hard and when it came out on console I went all in and it's been paying off!

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I'm managed to reach the Throne once, but did not beat it. Since then I don't think I've been able to beat the third boss once. If it weren't for people actually looping, I'd say that this game was fucking impossible to beat.

squashysquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onekillwonder_: If you're having trouble progressing, try building melee with durability. Long Arms and Euphoria with a fairly fast melee weapon will let you clear paths through enemy fire, and Strong Spirit plus Boiling Veins will keep you alive long enough to learn the game.

Avatar image for chilipeppersman
chilipeppersman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 4

@c2c: I really like crystal, been kicking ass with that character so far, got to the 5th stage baby

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have gotten to 4-1 once. I am honestly terrible at the game, but it's got real hooks into me (and I normally don't like rogue-likes).

I don't love it as much as Galak-Z, but its doesn't cause me the anxiety that Galak-Z does, which can honestly paralyse me with doubt if I have the mental fortitude to dive in some days.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Third boss and then I died from bullshit. I somehow got a crown on that run seconds before dying too. Like, sure, spawn me at the end of narrow hallway full of hard enemies and spawn this garbage boss on top of me when that guy's whole AI is based on rushing you and shooting AoE plasma all over your face. Full ammo, great weapons, full health, awesome perk set to dead in 3 seconds.

Man is that third boss bullshit.

dusker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got to 7-1 and basically didnt know what was happening. So many enemies, and it felt like they just kept respawning and I couldnt cut their numbers. Very overwhelming, haha.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

Got to 6-2 as YV once. That's the furthest I've made it.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I did it! After putting in a good 20 hours into the Early Access version and now about 15 on the PS4, I FINALLY beat that damn throne. I didn't think it was actually possible, and that people who claimed to have looped were full of shit, but yeah, I did it, and it felt good.

I used Steroids and finished with dual-wielding a Laser Rifle and Wave Gun (with shotgun shoulders, which makes it a room-clearing machine). I looped to 1-3 and died on the boss fight. That was more insanity than I was prepared for.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By csl316

Got to 7-1 as Fish, and I fired my auto shotgun so fast that the game crashed. So that was awesome.

Edit: Ok, now it crashed on 7-2.

Edit 2: Ok, and now it crashed on 7-3.

captainjudaism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've looped twice so far using Steroids before dying because holy hell is the game hectic from Loop One on. I got lucky and got the ammo sustain early on with Recycle Gland,Throne Butt and Lucky Shot and then I managed to grab two miniguns and later upgraded to two double miniguns. With that combo I basically just held down both fire buttons until everything died every stage.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#26 sweep  Moderator

I'm at 5-2 with Crystal and 5-1 with Melting. I don't know why but I really like the explode corpses ability, and also playing that character repeatedly drills it into you to avoid bullets at all cost. After playing an hour of Melting, swapping to Crystal makes everything seem so easy.

When I started I was putting all emphasis on melee abilities but I've since learned that you basically need to pick your mutations based on your drops instead of trying to force a playstyle that the game isn't naturally gifting you.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen the li'l boss once with crystal but haven't made it to him again :(

Usually die around that snowy region though

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god i suck shit at this game

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sweep said:

When I started I was putting all emphasis on melee abilities but I've since learned that you basically need to pick your mutations based on your drops instead of trying to force a playstyle that the game isn't naturally gifting you.

Yeah, that is the lesson that I hope everyone takes from this thread.

Also, based on half of these posts and my own experience, hope you get one of the good shotgun-type weapons, and then get Shotgun Shoulders, then win the game.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got to Lil Hunter one time now and died of unknown (to me) causes.

I think this game is DIFFICULT but still liking it.

Melee still seems like the way to go for me!

robowitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got to 6-1 once and died nigh-on immediately, I'm getting better at getting up to Lil' Hunter at least now. I like this game, although I'm getting more and more tempted to start going for the (secret level spoiler) Oasis skip by default.

squashysquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onekillwonder_:Yeah, I generally consider starting with defensive or ammo related mutations to be the best course of action so you can postpone weapon type mutations until you get a good drop. However, a nice thing about the endgame is that you can get some gold weapons solid enough to hinge a build on.

@bisonhero: Congratulations on the win! Steroids is pretty great for boss fights due to his sheer DPS; There's little more satisfying than unloading full-auto with both hands and tearing the throne down quickly.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By 49th

Lil' Hunter kills me every time. I can get up to him with no problem but every time he spawns it seems really unfair or I am just really unlucky. I either get landed on and instantly killed or put in the most awkward small room with no space to move around and enemies all over the place.

squashysquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@49th: 5-3 is designed to spawn you in a disadvantageous spot for fighting Lil H. The trick is to quickly clear out a relatively enclosed set of rooms during the period before he drops in, and then take shots at him from cover while clearing out IDPD as they spawn. Whenever he shouts out, you'll see a shadow at his next landing spot so you know where to avoid. If you don't have Boiling Veins or an active Strong Spirit halo, make sure to attack him from as far as possible once you think he's at low health so you have room to avoid his kamikaze death. Good luck!

robowitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished my first playthrough of the game, and man that last fight is tense. I didn't have the courage to start looping, but being able to take this off my 'unfinished' list is pleasant.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

A bit late to the party on this. On PS4 I've managed to make it to the first level of a loop. Almost beat that first level too but I was killed after being run over by an IDPD van. How in the fuck was I suppose to know that would even happen? For that run I was using Plant and near the end I had a Super Splinter Gun and an Auto Grenade Shotgun.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By jakob187

I got to Throne 1 without beating it today. Only been on it for about a week. After work today, I plan on getting to my first loop. I've been using Y.V.

The shovel is OP as fuck, though, especially with Trigger Fingers and Long Arms. It's almost impossible to fail with that combo. It defects bullets, you can cheese through walls really easily, and it does a solid amount of damage. Getting it early is fairly ridiculous.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

Took me about 17 hours to beat the first Throne my first time with Y.V. GOD DID IT FEEL GREAT. Unfortunately, haven't really played it all that much since, that's kind of the problem with rouguelikes for me. Still, really loved the game.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Not sure if this should count but I played some co-op with a friend of mine over the weekend and we got to 2-1 in the loop. Up to that point we felt like we had a pretty good handle on this game, then we ran into an enemy we have never encountered before that fucked us up and we realized that we didn't know shit. He was Rebel and I was Eyes. Great thing about Eyes is that if you have slower bullets and stronger telekinesis via Throne Butt then bullets become a nonissue. So the big bullet hell enemies or bosses like Throne 1 and 2 or Lil Hunter become a piece of cake.