#1 Edited by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -

I just came across this story and it's fascinating to me that a 10 or 12 year old kid breaks into a Bank of America branch with his bike. What is the world coming to?

Then again, I guess it's not that surprising since there are other things occurring like a 5 year old getting a hold of his dad's gun and shooting him.

#2 Edited by Andorski (5189 posts) -

Please don't be black, please don't be black... fuck.

#3 Edited by OneKillWonder_ (1693 posts) -

What do you mean "10 or 12"? It says he was twelve right in the article.

But it's good to see that even amidst bankruptcy, Detroit is maintaining its sterling reputation.

#4 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3010 posts) -

@andorski said:

Please don't be Detroit, Please don't be Detroit... fuck.

Welp the only way this could get even crazier is if Robocop apprehended him... fuck.

#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

But it's good to see that even amidst bankruptcy, Detroit is maintaining its sterling reputation.

So the kid lied about his age twice....

#6 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4283 posts) -

...so what the fuck is up with their security? Because, at my local Capital One there's about a good half an inch of what I assume is bulletproof glass between you and the teller and a door that I'm 99% positive you would have to Ocean's Eleven your way through. I doubt they'll give us the details, but either that kid knows something we don't or their security is pure shit which is obviously bad considering the whole bank thing they got going on because, ya know, they're a freaking bank.

#7 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

...so what the fuck is up with their security? Because, at my local Capital One there's about a good half an inch of what I assume is bulletproof glass between you and the teller and a door that I'm 99% positive you would have to Ocean's Eleven your way through. I doubt they'll give us the details, but either that kid knows something we don't or their security is pure shit which is obviously bad considering the whole bank thing they got going on because, ya know, they're a freaking bank.

Its Detroit. 40% of their Street lights do not work.

#8 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -

The article says 12, but if you watch the video - they mention a different age.

#9 Edited by Video_Game_King (35994 posts) -

I hope he held the tellers at bikepoint and demanded that they fill the basket with clean, non-sequential bills.

#10 Posted by Sanity (1891 posts) -

Hey, at least he brought Funyuns, honestly though i love how enthusiastic the reporters are in that video, they know were all rooting for the kid as it is Bank of America after all.

#11 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -

#12 Edited by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

God damn man Detroit is a real shit stain on the country.

#13 Edited by audioBusting (1477 posts) -

*Reads the thread title*

*Imagines a 10-year-old lifting up a bicycle and picking a lock with it*

...Huh.

Anyway, I thought a bank would have stronger glass or something. If he had a mask on and moved quicker, he might have gotten away with it.

#14 Posted by Hunter5024 (5541 posts) -

Someone tried to bash through the glass doors of where I work with a pipe and it didn't even leave a mark. What kind of stuff are they using?

#15 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6287 posts) -

@andorski said:

Now we know where he got the bike at least....

#17 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -

I hope he held the tellers at bikepoint and demanded that they fill the basket with clean, non-sequential bills.

Haha "bikepoint" well played, sir.

#18 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -

*Reads the thread title*

*Imagines a 10-year-old lifting up a bicycle and picking a lock with it*

...Huh.

Anyway, I thought a bank would have stronger glass or something. If he had a mask on and moved quicker, he might have gotten away with it.

The kid smashed the glass with his bike, that's how he got in.