• 144 results
Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

Hello Giant Bombers. It seems I have now made it to the 1,000 mark. Who would have thought that I would stick with these forums even after nobody responded to my very first post. I have been around the block and tried to participate in the IGN forums, the GameTrailers forums, and even the GamesRadar forums (back when those existed). I eventually found a home with Yahoo Answers where internet shenanigans were allowed to run wild. That ran its course though and for a while I just stopped posting comments on websites entirely. Eventually though, I figured what the hell, I may as well join the Giant Bomb forums, I already listen to the podcast. And the rest is history.

I am very grateful to this community. Seriously, you guys are the best! I did not have a Steam account before Giant Bomb, and every Steam game I currently have has been given to me by a Giant Bomber. You dudes are amazing and I promise you guys I will one day give away some stuff as well to help share the love. This place has stricken a really good balance between humor, shenanigans, and seriousness (although it could stand to loosen up a bit more).

Very first Photoshopped image I made for the site.
That's me!

But who the hell am I? Do you people even know? Have any of you ever even taken the time to even read my mini-bio, lists, achievements or blog posts? Am I anybody meaningful to these forums (obviously not the extent of users like , , or to name a few), or am I just some random jackass who has way too many typos and asks inappropriate questions?

#2 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

My 1,000 post!

#3 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

I have no idea who the hell you are, duder.

But then who am I? Who is anyone? Think about it.

#4 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

I have seen you before. Congratulations.

#5 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:

I'm Han Solo.
#6 Edited by TobbRobb (4603 posts) -

I recognize your name from something... Are you the guy with a vendetta against Sweep?

Yeah looking at your old avatars you definitely are... :P

EDIT: I find it kind of funny calling Jay meaningful. He's sometimes unintentionally funny and mostly annoying, but meaningful is a bit of a stretch.

#7 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I'm at over 6000 and I don't think anyone recognizes me. It is a lonely life we live in these parts of the internet, friend.

#8 Posted by TheSquarePear (168 posts) -
#9 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1726 posts) -

I didn't even have the balls to celebrate my 1000th. Because I contribute nothing to the site. 

#10 Posted by Gamer_152 (14072 posts) -

I'm pretty familiar with you Darth. Congratulations on the 1,000 posts.

#11 Posted by UnrealDP (1222 posts) -

I think I've seen you around, but my posting and viewing is so sporadic that I hardly even remember the major players. Here's to seeing you around, eh?

#12 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@Gamer_152 said:

They have their eyes on you. Be wary. Be very wary.

#13 Edited by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

No idea who you are. After nearly 10,000 posts I'm sure no one recognizes me ether though, so don't feel bad.

EDIT: Jesus! 7 posts away from 10k. Didn't realize how close I was. Also, shame on you for including Jay in the same sentence as an awesome and refined man as Claude. For shame.

#14 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

@McGhee said:

I have seen you before. Congratulations.

#15 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

No idea who you are, then again I have a hard time remembering anyone on the internet. 
Nothing personal though, nobody here is important enough for me to care, that's all. 

#16 Posted by whyareyoucrouchingspock (975 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

No idea who you are, then again I have a hard time remembering anyone on the internet. Nothing personal though, nobody here is important enough for me to care, that's all.

I know you. I'v seen your around. Your that guy.

#17 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@whyareyoucrouchingspock said:

@ZeForgotten said:

No idea who you are, then again I have a hard time remembering anyone on the internet. Nothing personal though, nobody here is important enough for me to care, that's all.

I know you. I'v seen your around. Your that guy.

This is getting creepy but you have seen my what around?
#18 Posted by Wasara88 (332 posts) -

I tend to remember the assholes and morons which are plentifull.
Then there are those who post on a regular basis that i recognise.

Ps. Changing your avatar is the worst,they are the first thing that sticks,then sometime later i might remember the username.

#19 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

@Wasara88 said:

I tend to remember the assholes and morons which are plentifull. Then there are those who post on a regular basis that i recognise. Ps. Changing your avatar is the worst,they are the first thing that sticks,then sometime later i might remember the username.

Ya. I used to know a ton of the regulars around here until they all started changing their avatars. I'm terrible at remembering peoples name and have always been a face person, so pictures were always key to me. I just used my real life face for the longest time and the idea of changing it was unthinkable to me, but the last 6 or so months I have gone on a rampage and can't seem to keep one for more then a few weeks.

#20 Posted by TheHT (11155 posts) -

@JJWeatherman said:

You're Rich Gallup right?

#21 Posted by geirr (2536 posts) -

Nope.

#22 Posted by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -

I totally recognize your avatar. I try to keep on top of users with more than 500 posts. Also you give me too much credit. I'm just an asshole with a Hitlerchu ava

#23 Edited by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@Gamer_152 said:

Why didn't you congratulate me!?

@ZeForgotten said:

Actually, I do know a few users online from certain sites. Sweep of course. (he is awesome just like Gamer152. Itgoesto11 from gamefaqs made the only worthwhile CYOA on the entire site but they shut us down MAN! WinterNova is Gamefaqs Video Game King (No, really, but instead the guy is a lawyer that actually explains in PAINFUL detail on why they are wrong in situations and gives legal advice to anyone who asks!) Also, a few notorious ones like Zeel from the Escapist forums was utterly fucking insane. I know he tried making an account here but damn. I think Gamer152 stopped his insanity before it began... thankfully. Seriously, he is like... insanity+1!

Also, I have had stalkers before on Live until I got rid of my gold. (TAKKIA420)

Seriously that guy went through my FRIENDSLIST just to play with me more! It was kinda frightening and I had to send a message to my entire friendslist to make sure they knew to not touch this guy. It was creepy! So if you guys see this man, be aware that he has stalking tendencies.

Just warning everyone.

Also, why was I mentioned by TC?

#24 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

I've seen you around a few times.

#25 Posted by JackSukeru (5910 posts) -

I remember that one time when you:

@Scrawnto said:

@Bakumatsu: Huh, a bodega is a little corner shop around here.

@DarthOrange said:

@Sweep said:

Real name. Internet name.

Rocket science.

Rocket Science

n
informal an activity requiring considerable intelligence and ability

I don't think you know what that word even means. Man, they let anyone be a mod these days. :P

I'm pretty sure Sweep was employing a technique called "sarcasm". He was actually indicating how simple comprehension of the concept of an internet alias is by presenting an obvious falsehood.

That sure was pretty dumb.

#26 Posted by TobbRobb (4603 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

I totally recognize your avatar. I try to keep on top of users with more than 500 posts. Also you give me too much credit. I'm just an asshole with a Hitlerchu ava

I want you on top of me.

#27 Posted by Jimbo (9804 posts) -

I'm a Jedi, so it's my job to recognise you.

#28 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Nobody knows me either, and I'm almost at 16000.

#29 Posted by 49th (2735 posts) -

I mostly recognise people from avatars, yours doesn't look familiar even though I have probably seen you before.

#30 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

I have a collage of every avatar whose user name has more than 700 posts and I devote 3 hours a night to studying it. I know you more than you know yourself.

#31 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

Hey, look at me, 1000 posts. Can I be in the cool club now?

#32 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -
@Bwast said:

Hey, look at me, 1000 posts. Can I be in the cool club now?

Cool club is 2000. Sorry.
#33 Posted by AlisterCat (5537 posts) -

My brain tells me that you are one of the crazies, but I don't know why.

#34 Posted by Jolt92 (1551 posts) -

@DarthOrange: @Azteck: @crusader8463: I recognize all of you and most of the other people posting in this thread.

#35 Posted by natetodamax (19193 posts) -

I recognize your username.

#36 Posted by whyareyoucrouchingspock (975 posts) -

@CL60 said:

Nobody knows me either

On the internet, this is for the best.

#37 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

I didn't even have the balls to celebrate my 1000th. Because I contribute nothing to the site.

Ya kind of feel the same. Also who cares what post number you are at.

Anyways Yes I've seen ya around.

#38 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

No.

#39 Posted by selbie (1885 posts) -

that's thousand post!

#40 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

@Hockeymask27 said:

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

Ya kind of feel the same. Also who cares what post number you are at.

Anyways Yes I've seen ya around.

<sarcasm> The ladies do. Everyone knows the bigger your post count the bigger your penis is. It's a 1000 posts:1 inch ratio. I know personally that I'm a post queen and don't take anyone without at least a 1000 post count seriously in any discussion! </sarcasm>

Honestly, it's just a quick way to know that the person has been around the site for a long time or has atleast contributed to the forum aspect of the community a little more then the average joe with a sub 1000 post count. Obviously it's not the best meter, but it's the best way we got to tell from a glance. Also, 1000 is just the first big milestone of showing you are taking your first steps into being an active member of the community and not just random post guy #36363634636. That's just me though.

#41 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

The ladies do. Everyone knows the bigger your post count the bigger your penis is. It's a 1000 posts:1 inch ratio.

So by that logic, I have a 20 inch penis?

#42 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

who's enigma?

#43 Posted by sungahymn (1006 posts) -

Who?

#44 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3782 posts) -

I recognize your name and your avatar. I don't, like, remember anything else about you, like your tone, or personality or anything like that. Someone mentioned you hate Sweep, and that reminded me of your crazy vendetta, but aside from that, meh.

Using your own picture as an avatar can make things weird. When DuskVamp first announced that we met through Giant Bomb and were dating, she showed a picture of us together, but didn't reveal my name, because we weren't sure if we wanted that attention. The very first post asked if the guy was Wrighteous, based on the picture, and a few people after that in a short span of time recognized me instantly too. It was a different angle, expression, haircut, and everything, so I was shocked, and honestly a little creeped out at first (my fault, not theirs) that strangers recognized me on sight. It's kind of cool, in a way though, and I guess it's nice to be recognizable on the forums, to some degree.

I've had a few users try to add me on Xbox LIVE too, which was kind of cool, but I only put people I know in real life on my Friends List. I guess if it was someone I actively recognized from GB I might consider, and I'm friends with Jeff and Vinny on certain things too for one reason or another.

#45 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

You're the guy who holds a grudge against sweep.

#46 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

Don't recognise you and why should I? This should be an anon. forum? Unless you're a fool and have no life so you want to show yourself to the internet to make yourself feel better which is pretty pathetic.

Also you posted a 1000 times? How is this significant in any way? I would love an explanation? But realistically there is none.

#47 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@crusader8463 said:

The ladies do. Everyone knows the bigger your post count the bigger your penis is. It's a 1000 posts:1 inch ratio.

So by that logic, I have a 20 inch penis?

Indeed, you beast of a man.

#48 Posted by Mustachio (242 posts) -

I'd say with this being a forum with so many names and avatars that you'd be lucky if you could commit even ten percent of them to memory, you should see how people respond to each individual blog/forum post rather than expect them to remember you as a personality. It's a little cold, but it's also the best way to navigate forums of this size.

#49 Posted by Sanryd (1362 posts) -

I don't personally recognize you, but there are most certainly users with not many over 1000 posts that I'd recognize. Just depends on the threads I posted, the boards I've frequented, and so on.

#50 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4714 posts) -

I do not recognise your avatar but I vaguely recognise your name.