DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

Edited By DBoy

What's done is done.

Tonight, I went to Microplay and sold 17 of my 26 games I want to sell.  They didn't take the other 9 because they were over-stocked on those particular titles.  This is the very first time in my life that I've sold games that I own.  How do I feel?  Pretty damn good, to tell you the truth.

First off, I have a lot more space in my game / DVD cabinet now.  26 might not sound like much, but man does it leave a lot of space behind.  Second, selling these games paid for two-thirds of my nephew's Christmas present.  I bought him a Wii, which includes Wii Sports, a Nunchuk and a Wii-Mote, along with Mario Kart Wii and an extra Wii-Mote for $197, tax in.  I also got a card for 12 free video game rentals, which will allow me to try out certain games without having to shell out the $65 for them.  Guess I'll get to play that Mirror's Edge after all...

With that, here's the list of games I sold and the amount I got for them, from lowest to highest:

• King Kong = $1.50
  • Lost Planet = $3.00
  • Dark Sector = $3.00
  • Fight Night Round 3 = $3.00
  • Viva Pinata = $3.00
  • SmackDown vs Raw 07 = $4.50
  • The Outfit = $7.50
  • Burnout Revenge = $7.50
  • SmackDown vs Raw 08 = $7.50
  • Lego Star Wars: The Original Trilogy = $7.50
  • Need For Speed: Most Wanted = $10.50
  • Oblivion = $10.50
  • Devil May Cry 4 = $13.50
  • GRiD = $22.50
  • Quantum of Solace = $28.50
  • Mercenaries 2 = $28.50
  • The Force Unleashed = $28.50

Total = $190.50

And here are the 9 games I'll go sell at another Microplay franchise tomorrow:
  • Amped 3
  • Army of TWo
  • Battlefield: Bad Company
  • The Club
  • Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
  • Guitar Hero 2
  • Madden 07
  • Stranglehold
  • Tomb Raider: Legend

So, there you go.  Any comments on my selections?
DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By DBoy

What's done is done.

Tonight, I went to Microplay and sold 17 of my 26 games I want to sell.  They didn't take the other 9 because they were over-stocked on those particular titles.  This is the very first time in my life that I've sold games that I own.  How do I feel?  Pretty damn good, to tell you the truth.

First off, I have a lot more space in my game / DVD cabinet now.  26 might not sound like much, but man does it leave a lot of space behind.  Second, selling these games paid for two-thirds of my nephew's Christmas present.  I bought him a Wii, which includes Wii Sports, a Nunchuk and a Wii-Mote, along with Mario Kart Wii and an extra Wii-Mote for $197, tax in.  I also got a card for 12 free video game rentals, which will allow me to try out certain games without having to shell out the $65 for them.  Guess I'll get to play that Mirror's Edge after all...

With that, here's the list of games I sold and the amount I got for them, from lowest to highest:

• King Kong = $1.50
  • Lost Planet = $3.00
  • Dark Sector = $3.00
  • Fight Night Round 3 = $3.00
  • Viva Pinata = $3.00
  • SmackDown vs Raw 07 = $4.50
  • The Outfit = $7.50
  • Burnout Revenge = $7.50
  • SmackDown vs Raw 08 = $7.50
  • Lego Star Wars: The Original Trilogy = $7.50
  • Need For Speed: Most Wanted = $10.50
  • Oblivion = $10.50
  • Devil May Cry 4 = $13.50
  • GRiD = $22.50
  • Quantum of Solace = $28.50
  • Mercenaries 2 = $28.50
  • The Force Unleashed = $28.50

Total = $190.50

And here are the 9 games I'll go sell at another Microplay franchise tomorrow:
  • Amped 3
  • Army of TWo
  • Battlefield: Bad Company
  • The Club
  • Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
  • Guitar Hero 2
  • Madden 07
  • Stranglehold
  • Tomb Raider: Legend

So, there you go.  Any comments on my selections?
Avatar image for deactivated-a5c97f
deactivated-a5c97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I really don't like trading in games myself, I don't feel like it is anywhere near worth it. But you have to do to what you have to do.

I wouldn't have traded in Oblivion myself.

JonnyAvacado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By JonnyAvacado

I love you for finding that fantastic Wii deal brother....Need D-boy's Den Denis!!!! 

SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SimpsonFan

Quantom of Solace didn't you get that like a week ago? I

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

Trade-in values like that are why I always sell my games on Craigslist or eBay.  Yikes.

frankthelizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By frankthelizard

Yeah those are all games that you should have sold. Glad you didnt sell Burnout Paradise! You should start playing that again, multiplayer is really fun. I might be renting Quantum of Solace tomorrow, just a rental though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

While you did get some horrible deals from selling those games, at least you have tons of room and enough money to get your nephew a Wii. It isn't about the money after all.

The 12-game rental thingy is also a great plus.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AthleticShark

You got ripped off, but you know what is even more sad, all you did was want space. You didn't have to sell them, but you did. I could care less, but there are poor kids out there and people that can get maybe 1 game a year, yet here you are, just not wanting the games anymore and so you sell them for a stipend when you could have easily donated them to some charity foundation like Toys for Tots and something. $ 1.50 for King Kong. You would rather get a friken dollar then be a generous person and just give it to someone that would play and and would enjoy it instead of having to buy it for $10 bucks. Sure who am I to tell you this, but I have been in that position before where I would be happy to get five dollars and even now I have a friend that has to sell his games on craigslist just so he can enjoy a few games that come out a year. Next time look at all your options before you just sell something.

If you need the money, that would be a WHOLE differn't story. From the looks of it, like you said, you wanted more space and you just didn't want them anymore. Maybe you should actually stop buying so many games and then you would have space to put them all. There are people out there that have it worse. Oh and yes, you are using the money to help pay for the Wii for your nephew, which is very kind. The sad thing is, it was just like a last minute idea. You said you wanted to get him one for a while, you found one, decided to sell some games, but only use part of the money towards it, where if you actually cared you might have planned this out over a longer time and saved money instead of spending it on games.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RandomHero666

Burnout revenge got you the same as i got for one 8mb ps2 memory card in Cex.
You Got jipped on some of them.

Hellbound its not his Fault some kids cant afford games, personally i think the people who gave him equal to the cost of a can of coke(in UK) should be fucking Fired.
They buy for 1.50, sell for 10, how do these people sleep at night?

Wesker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Wesker

I think Hellbound has a very distorted outlook on society.

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DBoy

HellBound: I know I got ripped off, but honestly, I couldn't care less.  I used the money I made from selling these games to buy my nephew, my GODSON, a Christmas gift.  So please, don't you fucking come around here with your holier than thou bullshit about donating games to charity.  Every opportunity I get, I give money to charity so they can buy FOOD for the kids, not some fucking King Kong video game.

So please, before you come in here, pointing your finger at me and making me out as some fucking Richie Rich bastard who only thinks of himself, inform yourself first.  Maybe then you'll know what the fuck you're talking about.

Avatar image for eightbitwarrior
EightBitWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EightBitWarrior

Next time anyone has anything they don't need, remember to get in your car and drive around to find random bums to give it to. 

*rolleyes*

I'm pretty sure the needy people aren't going to the salvation army to buy xbox 360 games, rather a winter coat so they don't freeze to death.

Denis: Glad to see you get rid of the games that you were probably never going to play again and get some sort of return on them, especially if it means an extremely happy little boy on christmas day.

Let's play some Burnout Paradise soon. :)
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Player1

All seem like good choices to get rid of for me. It doesn't seem like your the type of guy that will go back and play old games either. So its good that your getting rid of some. I'm the same way.

EleFlameMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EleFlameMax

Without taking any sides in this really strange debate, I'd just like to say that, in regards to rhetoric and presentation, Dennis opened up a seriously large can of liberal-sounding whoop-ass! Hellbound, thou art officially "Dennis-bound"!

... Too much?

Unjust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Unjust

Your Nephew is gonna have some serious fun on his new Wii ! :)

Brandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By Brandy

Ok, Viva Piñata really shocks me actually. Should've told me you were getting rid of it - I would've paid that much for it. and more, including shipping...Or wait...is there a region difference between us? Didn't think so, but I've been wrong before. lol

ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ElectricHaggis

Most of those seem fair games to trade in.  Although $3.00 for Dark Sector seems like a rip off considering the game is fairly new.  I wouldn't have traded in Oblivion.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18  Edited By JamesF

I think it's good you're getting rid of some of your older games, in fact, i did as well today. I figured it was Black Friday, and I had a coupon to get 20% more trade in credit, so I went for it. 5 games came out to $100. I made out quite well!

Avatar image for lightwarrior179
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19  Edited By lightwarrior179

Glad you're selling DMC4. That is something that deserves to be treated that way,IMO. :P

Whoa...Viva Pinata went in pretty cheap. Too bad for a pretty good game like that.
And I could never give away Oblivion. Whoa...that would be too much for me.
AlexMarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20  Edited By AlexMarra

You know, I usually protest against selling games because it's such a rip-off and you might want to play them later, but that selection of games there were older versions of franchises that update themselves every year (like SmackDown vs Raw 07) or it was generally just a crap game, so I think you made the right choice!

Also, don't listen to Hellbound because he's a dumb asshole. I would be insulted if I was a homeless kid and received a free copy of King Kong for Christmas, as there would be no way to play it. Personally, I would have just incinerated the damn thing because King Kong was a piece of crap, but you know what I mean.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Hellbound: You get like 5 games a fucking week. Why don't you donate some of yours to the damn charities? I think you let your temper get the best of you there man. I'll leave it at that instead of just echoing what everyone else has said.

Anyways it's not like you didn't get a halfway decent deal out of them, I did the same thing recently. Ever since I got my job last summer I've never needed money, but I have a very small room so the game to space ratio was getting more and more one sided as the months went on.....

This is completely unrelated but I figured maybe you could answer it in the next DBoy's Den or something: I know you're a huge GNR fan, but did you bother to check out Chinese Democracy? I've only heard a few songs but it sounds surprisingly good. What's your opinion on it?

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By demonbear

One thing's for sure, you seem to buy too much games. Did you went through all these games? Just askin.

But hey, Microplay says thanks! :D

GrandMachismo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GrandMachismo

I'm surprised they gave you $4.50 for Smackdown vs. Raw '07 being that it's very out of date.   Good stuff though man, looks like you made some decent money.

SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SimpsonFan

Dude, Hellbound, who wouldn't sell their game's and take a dollar? What's the big deal, there's poor kid's and i get that but he's a grown man who has a job and should be able to buy anything he want's and do whatever he want's with them!

Hellbound your reatarded, I'd give FOOD AND A CLOTHES TO the poor not a 2 year old 360 game which they can't do crap with! He was normal and didn't do that,and who are you to talk you rich kid, who get's everything he wants.

lol, i had to respond!

YoungRust89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By YoungRust89

$3 for Dark Sector?

I'm moving to Canada ;)

Nice to see the money's going to something good.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By Player1

To hellbound.

First off, poor kids don't have gaming consoles...so that is just stupid.

Second he needed money for his GodSons wii. That seems like a good excuse to sell games to me.

Third, you are the biggest hypocrite in the world. You get multiple games a week, and I don't see you giving any to charity.