I liked the missed facemask at the end

xmannzl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1102  Edited By xmannzl

Cardinals!!! That game was amazing! down to the wire! Warner please dont retire 

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1103  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Hmmm... lets call a bullshit holding penalty and let the big ass guerrilla drill Rodgers in the fucking face after he threw the ball.   Moron fucking refs that game. 

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1104  Edited By Karmum
@MAN_FLANNEL:@CoolDrMoney: 
Always missed calls, but I noticed that facemask, too.

Not saying the Cardinals would have still won, but one play can always change the game.

Imagine if Rodgers didn't overthrow that first throw.
SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1105  Edited By SSValis

hell yea! go Cardinals!

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#1106  Edited By dethfish

The Cardinals won?! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

I hate the Cardinals.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#1107  Edited By citizenkane

I will leave you people with these:

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#1108  Edited By dethfish

I'm so happy the saints beat the cardinals. Reggie Bush played really well. 

If it's not Saints vs Colts in the Super Bowl I'm going to be disappointed.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1110  Edited By Shocker
@Karmum: That's crazy. RIP Gaines Adams
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1111  Edited By Karmum

This is unfortunate.

I guess I will have to wait another week for the Jets to get smacked.

It's cool.

Kaeding blew that game for the Chargers.

ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#1112  Edited By ColinWright

Chargers :( Jets get crapped on next week :D

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1113  Edited By jkz
@Karmum said:
" This is unfortunate.  I guess I will have to wait another week for the Jets to get smacked.  It's cool.  Kaeding blew that game for the Chargers. "
Gah I know. I didn't think they'd win, but the Jets have the same makeup as the Ravens did last year. Rookie Head-Coach/QB with a great running game that means the QB doesn't need to do much, and a great defense.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1114  Edited By Karmum

I've never expected much from the Chargers in the playoffs. They're cursed, poor LT. But I mean hey, it pretty much cinches a Colts-Vikings/Saints match.

Manning against Favre in the Super Bowl? That would be nasty.

Can't wait for the "analysts" to say how pro the Jets' defense is for the next week. Half of their "amazingness" was the Chargers having missed opportunities. That 15 yard penalty by Jackson? Lame. That's just one example.

ApolloJ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#1115  Edited By ApolloJ85

Chargers probably could have done without the bye.
gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1116  Edited By gearhead

Living in Connecticut there are Jets fans on my Facebook page and it is gettting spammed. 
Jets will get destroyed at Indy.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1117  Edited By Karmum
@ApolloJ85 said:
" Chargers probably could have done without the bye. "
Can't believe Kaeding didn't even make one FG.

I mean, I'm not trying to say that OT would have been a given, but it would have changed things. A 57 yard miss? Okay, but you can't miss those 40 yd. field goals to make it 17-10 with 6 minutes left.
ApolloJ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1118  Edited By ApolloJ85

I got nothing against Kaeding. He is usually clutch. 

To be honest I didn't expect to get this far after WIlliams went out for the season and it became apparent LT was never going to give the chargers a decent running game.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#1119  Edited By damnboyadvance
Read this. It's about the TD late in the game.

To be honest, I don't agree with Brooking. Going for that touchdown may not have shown that much sportsmanship, but the quote at the end really sums it up. "Just because the Cowboys quit doesn't mean the Vikings needed to also."
ApolloJ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1120  Edited By ApolloJ85
@damnboyadvance:
Yeah screw that. I don't have any respect for a team that doesn't play 100% for four quarters. The Vikings want to score again? So what. They had no obligation to stop playing just because the Cowboys wanted to go home.
Travis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1121  Edited By Travis

Hahahaha i love it.  If you don't want the Vikings to score another touchdown, play some defense and don't let them score..  Don't just lay down and expect the other team to do the same.. 

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1122  Edited By Mrnitropb

I'm amazed that 3 of the 4 playoff games this weekend were just embarrassingly one sided as they were.
I thought for sure the cards and saints game would have been a better contest, what with the TD in the first 7 seconds of the game. But then again the last cardnals game I watched was last years superbowl.

Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1123  Edited By Jordan23

It's mad funny to hear people complaining about the Vikings continuing to score at will during the final moments. If a team has a problem with that, play some damn defense and keep the other team out of the endzone.

It's just simple as that.

ApolloJ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1124  Edited By ApolloJ85
@Jordan23:
As an Australian new to the sport I find it really strange that a team would simply give up, and then complain about the other not following suit. Just when I think I have a decent understanding of american football, shit like that happens.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1125  Edited By damnboyadvance

I'm putting my money on Colts vs. Vikings for Super Bowl XLIV. It really isn't that big a contest for the Colts. And the Saints... well they kinda suck. I think the Vikings can handle them.

Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

i expect the saints over the colts in the superbowl...i hope for the jets over the vikings

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1127  Edited By calidan777
@damnboyadvance said:
" I'm putting my money on Colts vs. Vikings for Super Bowl XLIV. It really isn't that big a contest for the Colts. And the Saints... well they kinda suck. I think the Vikings can handle them. "
lol, you said that the Saints suck, the #1 team in the NFC, and now the NFC champions. Good call there buddy, lol.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manning was just on a different planet last night. Colts have my money.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1129  Edited By damnboyadvance
@calidan777 said:
" @damnboyadvance said:
" I'm putting my money on Colts vs. Vikings for Super Bowl XLIV. It really isn't that big a contest for the Colts. And the Saints... well they kinda suck. I think the Vikings can handle them. "
lol, you said that the Saints suck, the #1 team in the NFC, and now the NFC champions. Good call there buddy, lol. "
About as good of a call as the refs made. Oh well. At least the Colts are going, and will most likely win. :P
Avatar image for jackbauerctu225
JackBauerCTU225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

That Vikings vs Saints game was intense and incredible. I am huge Saints fan and have been since I was born. I can't believe my SAINTS are in the SuperBowl. I admit Iwas almost in tears when Hartley kicked the ball in OT,  I could see it was going to be good. I also am happy the Colts are in it They are my favorite AFC team. This will be one great Super Bowl. 

As for the Vikings and Saints game. I have so much respect for you Vikings, and respect you Viking fans out there. I am a Farve fan, but I was happy he came up just a bit short. I will say the officiating crew was horrific during the game and in the OT. During the game Saints could not catch a break with the refs and vice versa in the OT with the Vikings.  It really seemed the announcers and the refs wanted a Farve and Mannning Superbowl. But I feel karma, destiny, god or whatever wanted the Saints. We got outplayed by a phenomenal team ( it wasnt our best performance at all, but in the most crucial parts of the game my Saints pulled it through with the turnovers on the defense. And offense came up big when it needed to be.) I wish you Vikes all the luck next year. 
The Saints have helped our state, city out more than you could ever know. Drew Brees, Sean Payton, Reggie Bush,  Jeremy Shockey , and all of them take forever to name the all. Have been true SAINTS and have done more for us than any politician, or anyone else. I know that sounds crazy its just football right? You dont understand its hard to explain: 
 LaBREESiana at all WHO DAT 
GEAUX SAINTS WE LOVE OUR TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1131  Edited By Master_Funk

Manning from the 2 minute warning onwards was untouchable. LOL at rex saying that he would not let manning score in the last 2 minutes of the half. 
Saints vikings was a very messy game, where both teams were making mistakes. Feel sorry for favre going through everyhting this offseason and not fulfiling his goal for another superbowl, but he sealed his fate with that final pass in regular time. But i give it to the saints for sticking in there throughout the game and getting to their first superbowl.

But unfortunatly for the saints, manning is going to slice and dice that saints secondary and get his second superbowl ring

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1132  Edited By damnboyadvance
@JackBauerCTU225: Glad to hear you're excited about it, but not bragging about it like I've heard some people do. I personally think the officials did a horrible job, but hey. Good luck to your Saints in the Super Bowl.

Now if I could just get my Lions in the Super Bowl!
Avatar image for jackbauerctu225
JackBauerCTU225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@ damnboyadvanced 
 Thanks man. I am so pumped just like the entire state. This feels more awesome than the LSU national champs not saying those werent exciting to us Louisiania natives, but this is something I can even explain. Thanks for the good Luck I know we will need it against the awesome Colts. I do think its going to be an amazing game and a lot closer than most of these so called experts on espn people think.  

Your Lions are getting better. I hope they will finally be able to turn it around.

g00ber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1134  Edited By g00ber

I'm rooting very mildly for the Saints, because I think they're a good story.  They're going to have to play near perfect to win though.  Looking forward to it.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1135  Edited By damnboyadvance
@JackBauerCTU225: Eh, I don't think so. I'm not really a fan. But I live in Michigan, and it kind of sucks that all of our Lions suck so much.

I'm cheering for the Colts, but good luck dude.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#1136  Edited By citizenkane

I fear for the Saints pass defense against Peyton Manning.  Its going to be tough, but they can pull out a win in a shoot-out.  ^__^

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1137  Edited By damnboyadvance

Even with Freeney out, I still believe the Colts can edge a win off the Saints.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1138  Edited By Karmum

Had somewhat of a hard time finding this topic, again. All of the pinned topics are all over the place (whether or not this is still pinned). Regardless of that fact, the Super Bowl is now...two days away?

The most simple question: Colts or Saints?

I wish I could edit the topic to include a poll.

P.S. - If the topic is still pinned, I'm requesting that it gets unpinned once the Super Bowl ends.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1139  Edited By Karmum

Game starting in like eight minutes. You dudes ready?

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1140  Edited By jkz
@Karmum said:
" Game starting in like eight minutes. You dudes ready? "
No; if the Saints win I won't be sure what to think. The city sure as hell deserves it, but I just don't think the team deserves to be where they are right now. Now, that could just be my inner Viking fan speaking, but I honestly believe that the Vikings and Chargers are both better teams than the Saints. 

Oh well, the Colts deserve to win regardless, so good luck to them.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1141  Edited By jkz

Oh look, Freeney's active; the colts need him at at least 70% to get enough pressure on Brees.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1142  Edited By Rayfield

As an Australian, I was watching Inside Xbox the other day and Major Nelson was interviewing NFL dudes in prep for the Super Bowl. He interviews this massive guy and introduces him as 'the man who needs no introduction'. They then have a ten-minute interview and never mention his name and I'm like I DON'T KNOW WHO THIS GUY IS. I had to check the Insider Xbox channel screens and it said his name was Onichhiochio or something. 

Was it true he needed no introduction?
NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1143  Edited By NoXious
@Rayfield:
Obviously, because you managed to find out his name :-P
falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#1144  Edited By falconer
@Rayfield:   Every sports fan in America knows who he is, and seeing as that's who the video was intended for, yes it's true.
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1145  Edited By Rayfield
@ShaggyChu said:
" @Rayfield:   Every sports fan in America knows who he is, and seeing as that's who the video was intended for, yes it's true. "

Hmm, fair enough. Enjoy the game.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1146  Edited By Karmum
<Technical>

Since the 2009-10 season is over, the Saints Super Bowl win is old news, right? Technically, yes!

</Technical>

Seriously though, good for the Saints. Brees deserves his win, and sorry Peyton. Peyton still played good, made one bad play. Saints deserve the title, not the city. Well, they deserve it too, but the players really do. I'm not trying to sound like a dick right now (cause I said this in the IRC), but I hope they stop using Katrina as an excuse now.

With all that being said, Saints are a very deserving champion. However, time to look toward the 2010-11 season (really), starting with the 2010 Draft. Oh, and, Giants for Super Bowl 45? Maybe.

P.S. - If this topic is still pinned (albeit, the pinned stuff is screwy), it should get unpinned now.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1147  Edited By damnboyadvance

Well, after watching the Super Bowl and seeing the Colts lose, I'm not really all that upset. In all honesty, good job Saints. They did a pretty good job out there. I was impressed with both sides. Even the Colts did a wonderful job of running the ball. Peyton Manning gave us just what we'd expect from him too; a good passing game. It just managed to work against them once, which gave the Saints a big edge. Once again, good job Saints, and I hope New Orleans is still having a wonderful party.

So it looks like the season is over. Sad. Now I don't have what I used to look forward to every Sunday and Monday night. Not until baseball season gets underway. This is actually the first year I've really followed the NFL as much as I did, and I had a lot of fun. Just the thrill of watching the game. Seeing that play somehow working out. Seeing a team win against all odds. And lets not forget coming here to discuss it and make some predictions. It was great. Can't wait until next year.