#1 Posted by Fistoh (119 posts) -

Seeing the thread for the NBA playoffs made me realize there's no NHL love around here, yeah we're a little late, but at least we're at the start of a new round :P

I myself am a Rangers fan, and am very satisfied with our performance today, as it's beginning to seem getting 3 goals on Holtby is no small feat.

#2 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -
#3 Posted by Milkman (16541 posts) -

Go Rangers.

#4 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

As a New Yorker who is an Avalanche fan I have no investment in it. However I'd like to see the Predators win it. If not the Rangers will do. Playoff hockey is the best hockey and I'll pretty much watch every game when possible. Best time of the year (basketball is almost over and hockey gets super intense)

#5 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -

I haven't been able to watch many of the games due to most of them being on at about 3am or 5am here in the UK. I'm a Ducks fan so I'm pretty disappointed with our performance for this season. But in terms of the playoffs I think I'll be backing the Rangers. Also I was shocked that the Kings beat the Canucks 4-1, I was expecting the complete opposite.

#6 Posted by Fistoh (119 posts) -

Christ, what is up with the Kings? I went in to the playoffs thinking they were going to get sweeped by the Canucks... and now here they are, scoring three goals on Elliot.

#7 Posted by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (713 posts) -

fuck the predators! rinne cannot stop the onslaught being brought on by the coyotes. it's nice seeing the coyotes kicking ass and taking names.

#8 Posted by Grilledcheez (3943 posts) -

Pens are out so I don't care anymore :(

#9 Posted by 71Ranchero (2679 posts) -

BAH HUMBUG.

#10 Posted by ThePickle (4155 posts) -

@Milkman said:

Go Rangers.

I echo these sentiments.

#11 Edited by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

LETS GO YOTES! 

up 2-0 now

#12 Posted by Jay_Ray (1070 posts) -

As a Canuck fan I am disappointed, but now I am cheering for Phoenix and New York. Phoenix because why the hell not and NY is just a cool city.

#13 Edited by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (713 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

LETS GO YOTES! up 2-0 now

WORD! being from arizona and now living in washington state, i love seeing the coyotes handle business.

rinne has got to be speechless right now. honestly, the predators didn't look too impressive against the red wings in the first round.

#14 Posted by laserbolts (5314 posts) -

I'm a leafs fan so hopefully we get Luongo and finally make the damn playoffs again. As for the playoffs I like the Kings. Quick is carrying that team on his back.

#15 Posted by grayfox1210 (199 posts) -

After a dirty series with the Penguins and the wake up game we had with the Devils, the Flyers seem to be a solid team that could give the devils a run for their money. I have the sudden feeling that I'm the only Flyers fan in the bunch.

#16 Posted by ThePickle (4155 posts) -

@grayfox1210 said:

After a dirty series with the Penguins and the wake up game we had with the Devils, the Flyers seem to be a solid team that could give the devils a run for their money. I have the sudden feeling that I'm the only Flyers fan in the bunch.

That's going to be a great series. Being from Jersey but also liking the Flyers I won't be rooting for anyone one side over the other much, I just want to see Giroux eff s up.

#17 Posted by mowcrosoft (56 posts) -

It's a shame about my dearly beloved canucks.. If we had Daniel since game 1 it would have been a different series!!

#18 Posted by SockemJetpack (407 posts) -

Seems strange that the majority of teams in the western conference to make it this far are in the sun belt. Yeah! Let's have a playoff series in Phoenix where it's 35C and nobody bothers to show up to the games!

In all seriousness it'll be St Louis VS Philly for the cup at the end of it all. Hitchcock deserves the Jack Adams no matter what happens though.

#19 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

Lets Go Rangers! Hopefully we can keep it up the low risk play and grind out the wins against the Caps, we get Boyle back soon and the kid Krieder is shaping up to be a hell of an asset I like our chances. I'm hoping for a Rangers v. Flyers final.

#20 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -

What the hell is going on, why are the Kings winning hockey?

#21 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

@ShadowVirus said:

because quick is unreal

#22 Edited by laserbolts (5314 posts) -

@ShadowVirus said:

Solid goaltending, physical play, great defense and their goal scorers are stepping up when it matters most.

@TheVeteran13 said:

Lets Go Rangers! Hopefully we can keep it up the low risk play and grind out the wins against the Caps, we get Boyle back soon and the kid Krieder is shaping up to be a hell of an asset I like our chances. I'm hoping for a Rangers v. Flyers final.

I'm assuming you mean conference final. I see that happening and philly and kings for stanley.

#23 Posted by Deeveeus (479 posts) -

I think a Kings/Flyers final would be the most epic of combinations...you know the cokehead...I mean Richards...is going to have something to prove! And well, Quick, Brown and then Giroux, Hartnell and Briere are just UNITS!

#24 Posted by laserbolts (5314 posts) -

@mowcrosoft said:

It's a shame about my dearly beloved canucks.. If we had Daniel since game 1 it would have been a different series!!

I dunno about that Luongo is a choke artist and it still would have taken them 2 games to realize it.

#25 Posted by Faramir82 (68 posts) -

I'm originally from Massachusetts and I'm an Ottawa Senators fan, have been since they joined the league, which pisses off the Bruins fans in my family.

Proud of the season they had this year.

Now that the Sens have been eliminated I'm enjoying the post season as just a hockey fan.

#26 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

@ShadowVirus said:

because quick is unreal

He is a Jedi after all.

#27 Posted by DocHaus (1317 posts) -

I'm rooting for the Caps and the surprising Iron Curtain of Braden Holtby. The only problem is Dale Hunter thinking anyone can play a prevent defense for 20 minutes straight and keeping Ovie sequestered around the blue line, but at least the goalie can handle (most) of what gets thrown his way. If only this team played a little more offense then we'd be golden, but it ain't my call.

Also, iron crossbar for MVP of all games in this series.

#28 Edited by laserbolts (5314 posts) -

@Faramir82: You should definitly be proud of your Sens. For the team they had they did extremely well. They have alot of good young talent so I can see them being a force in a couple years. I'm a leafs fan so I will continue to hate them almost as much as the Canadians but I can respect good hard work and talent when I see it.

#29 Posted by matti00 (668 posts) -

As an Avalanche fan, I don't really have a rooting interest so it's been nice to float around the games. At this point I think it has to be a Flyers/Kings final, but to be honest I'd love to see either the Preds or Coyotes make it there too.

For all the people expressing disbelief at the Kings (and I was one of them), here's a great article on why the Kings are not just better than you think they are, they might just be favourites to win it all: http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/25494/long-live-the-kings

Gotta say though, it's getting tough to stay up till 3am watching these games every night. People's picks for Conn Smythe? Jonathan Quick for me without a doubt.

#30 Edited by laserbolts (5314 posts) -

@matti00: I'd have to go with Quick, Brown, or Giroux. Still alot of playoff hockey to go yet. Oh and Mike Smith should also be considered.

#31 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

@FrankCanada97 said:

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

@ShadowVirus said:

because quick is unreal

He is a Jedi after all.

I think all goalies are jedi's in disguise.

#32 Posted by matti00 (668 posts) -

@Hockeymask27: I loved that, he didn't even blink. Braden Holtby just don't give a fuck.

#33 Posted by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (713 posts) -

man, once the coyotes defeat the predators. they are going to have a helluva western conference final against the kings. the match up between quick and smith should be an excellent one!

#34 Posted by Milkman (16541 posts) -

What a win for the Rangers tonight. That's a series defining victory right there.

#35 Edited by DocHaus (1317 posts) -

I was flying home from Florida so I didn't see the game, but from what I hear the Caps found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again, leaving Holtby as their first, last and only line of defense again because of an avoidable double-minor on Ward.

I have a feeling this will head towards game 7. Whether or not the Caps will win that game is a question that will shatter the crystal ball of any fortune teller in the area before you get an answer.

#36 Posted by biscuitsandtim (23 posts) -

I'm so happy right now. I love the devils so damn much.

#37 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

@biscuitsandtim said:

I'm so happy right now. I love the devils so damn much.

high motherfucking five!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!