• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#2 Posted by falserelic (5721 posts) -

I read the article sounds fishy. It doesn't make sense how he killed himself. I think its obvious the police had something to do with the gunshot wound.

#3 Posted by CL60 (17120 posts) -

If his hands were infront of him, sure, he probably shot himself. But it says h

#4 Posted by CL60 (17120 posts) -

Fucking phone.

His hands were still behind his back, how do you shoot yourself in the head with your hands cuffed behind your back.

#5 Posted by PillClinton (3352 posts) -

Yup, cops probably shot him. Man, fucked up, morbid-ass news on these forums today.

#6 Posted by Apathylad (3234 posts) -

I'm assuming cop guns are tracked and numbered. They'd have to check if the bullet that killed him matches the handgun, and then see if it was a cop's gun.

#7 Edited by living4theday258 (692 posts) -

it says he was shot in his right temple but he was left handed...................... kind of a dead give away.

#8 Posted by BabyChooChoo (5204 posts) -

Yeah. Complete bullshit.

The cops shot him.

#9 Posted by Ramone (3073 posts) -

Jesus Christ, how did the officers involved expect to get away with this? Poor kid.

#10 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1193 posts) -

Man I would pay to see Chris Angel try this.

#11 Posted by natetodamax (19421 posts) -

Besides the obvious difficulty in shooting yourself in the head with your hands cuffed behind your back, I can't figure out where he could have hidden the weapon so that cops could easily miss it but would still be accessible to him with his hands cuffed.

#12 Posted by Omnomnivore (2935 posts) -

I think the funniest part about all of this is the team of forensic professionals in the Facebook commentary below the story. Not that it doesn't sound fishy, because it does, but the idea that everyone on the planet is some kind of guru when it comes to deciphering these types of stories always gives me a laugh.

#13 Posted by ajamafalous (12396 posts) -

Yeah, saw this yesterday. As you said, seems sketchy as shit.

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (36566 posts) -

So is this a *wink wink* type of story? Or am I supposed to think "what do the handcuffs have to do with this"?

#15 Posted by Xymox (2146 posts) -

They found "some marijuana” and "several new plastic baggies" when searching, but didn't find a gun?

"The cops then handcuffed him, searched him again" Uhm... yeah, about that gun...?

#16 Posted by PillClinton (3352 posts) -

Really sad some kid had to die over a fuckin' weed bust gone wrong and some shit cops' racist power trip.

#17 Posted by Undeadpool (5217 posts) -

@ck1nd said:

I think the funniest part about all of this is the team of forensic professionals in the Facebook commentary below the story. Not that it doesn't sound fishy, because it does, but the idea that everyone on the planet is some kind of guru when it comes to deciphering these types of stories always gives me a laugh.

The internet is the absolute BABYLON of armchair experts.

#18 Posted by Stonyman65 (3016 posts) -

Damn. That's messed up. Sketchy as shit indeed.

Kinda reminds me of the scene in "Shooter" where the CIA guys where trying to make it look like the guy kills himself with all of the pully systems and crap.

In the words of the Great Ice Cube: "Fuck tha police!"

#19 Posted by cruxking (211 posts) -

Am i the only one who knows that, regardless of what handedness you are you can in fact shoot yourself in either side of the head? Think about this for a minute. If I gave you a hand gun (we'll assume you're right handed) and said shoot your left temple what would you do? You would use your left hand. Maybe its not a good idea to change your handedness at a shooting competition but at point blank range it doesn't really matter what hand you use. Now with that said i do think it would be damn near impossible to pull off what the cops said he did and while i don't want to just assume that they did it, it kind of looks that way.

#20 Posted by Stonyman65 (3016 posts) -

@cruxking said:

Am i the only one who knows that, regardless of what handedness you are you can in fact shoot yourself in either side of the head? Think about this for a minute. If I gave you a hand gun (we'll assume you're right handed) and said shoot your left temple what would you do? You would use your left hand. Maybe its not a good idea to change your handedness at a shooting competition but at point blank range it doesn't really matter what hand you use. Now with that said i do think it would be damn near impossible to pull off what the cops said he did and while i don't want to just assume that they did it, it kind of looks that way.

Yeah. It IS possible to do what he did, but it's kinda unlikely. To play devil's advocate, he could have had a gun on him that the cops missed, and then he decided to take the easy way out.

I doubt we are ever going to find out what actually happened unless there is video of the act. Until then, I'm skeptical, to say the least.

#21 Posted by Demoskinos (16224 posts) -

Yeah, you might miss a small bag of dope or something on a pat down but no fucking way are you going to miss a gun. That story is full of shit.

#22 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1252 posts) -

Seems legit.

Fuck cops.

#23 Posted by Jams (3043 posts) -

Maybe he was trying to toss the gun and hide it in the car? He tossed it and it discharged? I hate when they leave shit out in stories. It leaves too much room for people to make up their own wild theories. Was the gun still in his hands when they found him? If they cops wanted to kill him, why wouldn't they just shoot him claiming they thought he had a gun? It seems like more of a chance of the kid trying to get rid of the gun in a hurry because he couldn't believe the cops didn't find it yet, so here's his chance to put it under the seat or something.

This is the kind of case where forensics really comes in to use. You'd think the cops would know that too if they did it. I guess we'll see soon enough.

#24 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4569 posts) -

This is bullshit. They pull him over body search him twice and find marijuana but no a gun. And you telling me someone kills them self for being caught with marijuana while being handcuffed with hands behind their back? No fucking way!

#25 Posted by MikkaQ (10296 posts) -

The left-handed stuff didn't make too much sense, he could have shot himself either hand really, but it's the fact that they say he did it while handcuffed from the back that has me questioning the police. It wouldn't be that crazy if they did shoot him, more corrupt things have happened before.

Unless he was like trying to shoot his way out, then the bullet ricocheted and hit him, but that's like a one in a million chance, and I'd rather send two cops to jail than risk believing a story that insane.

#26 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4569 posts) -

JFK was killed by the government and they got away with it. So will these guys.

#27 Edited by Bismarck (450 posts) -

Here in Bulgaria we had a similar "accident" few months ago. The house of a dude suspected of kidnap and murder gets raided by our police's special forces. They enter the house, cuff him, search him and his house. And he shoots himself, with a "hidden" gun. A house full of cops, he was cuffed and yet he shot himself. Was mentioned in the news few times but it went away.

#28 Posted by TheHBK (5658 posts) -

He had to have been one flexible motherfucker to shoot himself in the right temple while his hands were handcuffed right behind him.

#29 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8734 posts) -

Houdini!

#30 Posted by DoctorWelch (2817 posts) -

Cops definitely killed that dude.

#31 Posted by phrali (677 posts) -

lemme guess bunch of white cops dead black guy? In redneckville usa? Yup

#32 Posted by TheHumanDove (2521 posts) -

They dont make a habit of handcuffing your hands in front of you.

#33 Posted by Hunter5024 (6311 posts) -

I'd buy that he shot himself with a non dominant hand, I could be persuaded that it's possible with handcuffs on, and I might be willing to believe they couldn't find his gun if it was small enough. All 3 of these together I could not believe. Also I know it is impossible to maneuver around in the back of a cop car at all, and I can't imagine someone would shoot themselves over getting caught with some weed when that's such a small sentence. But why would the cops shoot him? Don't they know that if they used their gun it will be traced back to them? There must be more to this story than we know.

#34 Posted by mandude (2670 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

I'd buy that he shot himself with a non dominant hand, I could be persuaded that it's possible with handcuffs on, and I might be willing to believe they couldn't find his gun if it was small enough. All 3 of these together I could not believe. Also I know it is impossible to maneuver around in the back of a cop car at all, and I can't imagine someone would shoot themselves over getting caught with some weed when that's such a small sentence. But why would the cops shoot him? Don't they know that if they used their gun it will be traced back to them? There must be more to this story than we know.

My thoughts exactly. As it stands, none of this is making sense to me. Firstly, the scenario itself seems physically unlikely. Secondly, why on earth would he commit suicide over that? Lastly, if the cop were the ones who killed him, why would they go about it in the worst possible fashion?

#35 Posted by AgnosticJesus (547 posts) -

Not out of the realm of possibility. Where I live a black dude was in a squad handcuffed behind his back. Broke out the car window, climbed out, and jumped off a bridge onto a huge pile of rocks below. He died of course and now his family is trying to sue even though part of it was caught on the dashboard cam and on another cam at the police station ramming his head full speed into a concrete wall.

#36 Posted by Hunter5024 (6311 posts) -

@mandude said:

@Hunter5024 said:

My thoughts exactly. As it stands, none of this is making sense to me. Firstly, the scenario itself seems physically unlikely. Secondly, why on earth would he commit suicide over that? Lastly, if the cop were the ones who killed him, why would they go about it in the worst possible fashion?

Exactly. I think it's a little too soon to blame the cops for it like everyone else seems to be doing, but I definitely don't think he committed suicide. Maybe it was just some weird accident.

#37 Posted by _Zombie_ (1473 posts) -

Seems like a load of horseshit to me.

#38 Posted by jonnyboy (2867 posts) -

Sometimes I have trouble getting my keys out of my jeans pocket with no cops or handcuffs, this kid had some skills.

#39 Edited by mlarrabee (3211 posts) -

Ballistics.

Is it possible the coppers decided to kill an unarmed man in the back of a police cruiser? Sure. They'd have to be brain-dead to think they would get away with it, but sure.

Is it possible the suspect had a weapon hidden that the officers failed to find? Sure. There's no logical reason for an armed man to shoot himself rather than use the weapon to escape, but sure.

The fact that the gunshot wound was off-handed is irrelevant. When your hands are cuffed, both are equally impaired; you'll use whichever hand is more accessible.

The weapon that killed the suspect would HAVE to be available as evidence. The suspect couldn't have disposed of it (obviously), and neither could the coppers, as a missing weapon is an admission of guilt. Simply confirm the bullet with the gun, then check the registration.

#40 Posted by GS_Dan (1430 posts) -

@CL60 said:

If his hands were infront of him, sure, he probably shot himself. But it says h

I thought that was one of those lame sniper jok

#41 Posted by RenMcKormack (1087 posts) -

@CL60 said:

Fucking phone. His hands were still behind his back, how do you shoot yourself in the head with your hands cuffed behind your back.

Yea this is a huge mess.

Several problems

(1) As of right now I have no idea how the physics of the body get your hand into where the gun is. pull the gun out, (cock it maybe), raise it to your temple and shoot yourself when your hands are behind your back.

(2) According to this story the cops already did a search of his person and had placed him under arrest. How do you miss something like a gun when you found basically a baggie of weed on him from the same search. Like where do you hide a gun? that you could later take out and shoot yourself with?

(3) The guy's girlfriend is saying he called her and told her he would call her at the station. Then he shoots himself?

We need way more info on this.

#42 Posted by Spoonman671 (4988 posts) -

"Think Progress"?  Sounds gross.

#43 Edited by believer258 (12714 posts) -

@living4theday258 said:

it says he was shot in his right temple but he was left handed...................... kind of a dead give away.

I am left handed and shoot with my right hand.

Regardless, this sounds fishy. Someone flexible enough to get their hands up to their head while handcuffed? Fine. Someone flexible enough to, handcuffed, take out a hidden gun and point it at their right temple and fire? Nope.

EDIT: Unless he was trying to take out the gun and it somehow misfired and the bullet by some crazy chance ricocheted... but I don't even think that's likely.

#44 Posted by laserbolts (5444 posts) -

@ck1nd said:

CSI was pretty big there for a bit i think.

#45 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6116 posts) -
The police report attributed the death to a self-inflicted gunshot, though when the two officers opened the squad car door, they found Carter’s hands were still cuffed behind his back. The gun, they said, was somehow missed in both searches.

Seems legit guys. Twice? Really?

#46 Edited by pyromagnestir (4382 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Houdini!

And the winner for most morbid lol I've ever had goes to...

Honestly I feel dirty for laughing at this. How can I cleanse my soul? Should I report immediately to the police and put myself on some kind of watch list or something?

OK as to the actual story, let's say I were to buy the fact that 2 searches were done and the gun wasn't found, yet was in a place he could reach with hands that were cuffed behind his back... Why would he shoot himself? Was it an attempt at shooting the cuffs in order to escape gone horribly awry? Suicide over a marijuana charge seems pretty extreme. It doesn't say what the warrant was for, but if it were for something extreme you'd think it would've been mentioned. I don't know this is weird.

#47 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8734 posts) -
@pyromagnestir: He took his secrets to the grave it seems.
#48 Posted by InternetCrab (1581 posts) -

You lose more and more faith in law enforcement every day you hear this shit.

The cops shot him.

#49 Posted by FengShuiGod (1516 posts) -

I don't think its as hard to get a gun pointed at your head if you are handcuffed as some people think. Put something in your pocket, put your hands behind your back, don't let your wrists get more than an inch or two apart, and grab the object and point it at your head. Not that hard. The object doesn't actually have to touch your head, it just has to point from your waist to your head. Totally doable. This still sounds incredibly sketchy, just sayin'.

#50 Edited by AssInAss (3044 posts) -

@FengShuiGod said:

I don't think its as hard to get a gun pointed at your head if you are handcuffed as some people think. Put something in your pocket, put your hands behind your back, don't let your wrists get more than an inch or two apart, and grab the object and point it at your head. Not that hard. The object doesn't actually have to touch your head, it just has to point from your waist to your head. Totally doable. This still sounds incredibly sketchy, just sayin'.

Yes, but he got shot in the temple i.e. the front of his head. He would had to somehow bring his arms in front, shoot himself in the front, then put his hands back around before brain death for this to work.