3D Printing - My lastest business cards holder

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By monkeyking1969
Derek Zoolander Business Card Holder for Cards That Aren't Held Good and Want to be Held Better Too.
Derek Zoolander Business Card Holder for Cards That Aren't Held Good and Want to be Held Better Too.

I thought people might get a kick out of my latest project. I'm always at a loss for how to display my business cards nicely. I have been tinkering around with various types that hold cards but are more than just a braket. I saw someone had made a card holder that looked like a little laptop, so I decided I needed to create my own in a similar theme.

This is my result. I call it the Zoolander because when someone saw my first prototype they semi-quoted the "Zoolander movie". 'What is that a laptop for ants?"

...What is that a laptop for ANTS!!!!
...What is that a laptop for ANTS!!!!

These were my prototypes, the one on the right is more of a remix of the original by someone else. The one to the left was me making a wholly original model of an imaginary computer with more curves. However I was still not happy. So the above blue render is the final model. I designed the 3D print so that a white player base is set down before switching to a darker contrasting color to make the track-pad and under the keys stand out more. The final layer is back to the original color, but could actually be any color 3rd color. (I thought the 404 Error printed on the back of a business card shaped piece of paper was funny.)

The hardest parts was laying out the keys to the keyboards. I had to study my own laptop very closely to see how the larger and smaller keys were laid out. If anyone has a 3D printer they can download the file HERE. The file are free and my designs are free for non-commercial use.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

This is a new concept I'm still trying to work the kinks out of for 3D printing. Because the orientation has a lot of over hang for the Switch buttons and analog sticks, I think the grey Switch and red base parts will be printed separate. That means the Switch can be grey with black buttons/sticks and the Base red with white text.

No Caption Provided