Something went wrong. Try again later

Zukzuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Zukzuk

Rubik’s Cube, the nerd equivalent of pumping iron. And we all know that that’s what all the ladies secretly like. So what’s the deal with the thing and why does it melt your brain every time you actually try one? Well, for starters, a normal 3×3x3 cube has a total of 43,252,003,274,489,856,000 different states it can be in. I’m not even going to guess how to pronounce that number, but I imagine it’s pretty close to, or as close as something will ever get to, a google.

Well, this one actually gets closer...

Also, it lets you be nerdy without being laughed at. You can pop off fancy words like ‘algorithms’ and stuff like ‘possible states of a system’ to further impress your possibly female entourage. But! To do all this you actually have to know how to solve the damn thing. Luckily there is this thing called the internets.

Most importantly, you can simply cheat. Or videotape a solved Rubiks Cube, juggle it intil it’s a mess and play the tape backwards to your friends. But the best way to do it is to actually learn how. Check out these two tutorials and you will be a pro like this, this and this guy in no time. Remember, the official world record stands at a impressive 7 seconds and 8 hundreds.

Good luck!

By the way, some people are just nuts:

Get the RSS feed from http://zombiesnacks.wordpress.com

Zukzuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Zukzuk

Rubik’s Cube, the nerd equivalent of pumping iron. And we all know that that’s what all the ladies secretly like. So what’s the deal with the thing and why does it melt your brain every time you actually try one? Well, for starters, a normal 3×3x3 cube has a total of 43,252,003,274,489,856,000 different states it can be in. I’m not even going to guess how to pronounce that number, but I imagine it’s pretty close to, or as close as something will ever get to, a google.

Well, this one actually gets closer...

Also, it lets you be nerdy without being laughed at. You can pop off fancy words like ‘algorithms’ and stuff like ‘possible states of a system’ to further impress your possibly female entourage. But! To do all this you actually have to know how to solve the damn thing. Luckily there is this thing called the internets.

Most importantly, you can simply cheat. Or videotape a solved Rubiks Cube, juggle it intil it’s a mess and play the tape backwards to your friends. But the best way to do it is to actually learn how. Check out these two tutorials and you will be a pro like this, this and this guy in no time. Remember, the official world record stands at a impressive 7 seconds and 8 hundreds.

Good luck!

By the way, some people are just nuts:

Get the RSS feed from http://zombiesnacks.wordpress.com

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ahriman22

I have a hard enough time with my standard Rubix cube, I'm not even going to touch that one.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheFreeMan

That 7x7x7 one looks like it would destroy my brain if I tried.

I knew a kid who, after looking at a normal Cube for about 15 seconds, could then solve it with his eyes closed in 29 seconds. Absolutely insane. I wonder how much time it takes to learn how to do it that damn fast?

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By agent_lost

my brain just exploded but only watch the video.

cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cc23574

Just by reading the title my brain exploded.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Forty-three sextillion, two hundred and fifty-two quintillion, three quadrillion, two hundred and seventy-four trillion, four hundred and eighty-nine million, eight hundred and fifty-six thousand.

Thank you, and good day.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Black_Rose

The first time someone got me one of those thing I destroyed it with a hammer after three minutes.

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Hairydutchman

I used to peel the stickers of and solve it that way.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead
@TheFreeMan said:
" That 7x7x7 one looks like it would destroy my brain if I tried.I knew a kid who, after looking at a normal Cube for about 15 seconds, could then solve it with his eyes closed in 29 seconds. Absolutely insane. I wonder how much time it takes to learn how to do it that damn fast? "
Did he also say 'Hot water burn baby'?
Zukzuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zukzuk
@Arkthemaniac said:
" Forty-three sextillion, two hundred and fifty-two quintillion, three quadrillion, two hundred and seventy-four trillion, four hundred and eighty-nine million, eight hundred and fifty-six thousand.

Thank you, and good day.
"
Thank you for that. I just vomited blue and red and yellow cubicles...
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Arkthemaniac
@Zukzuk said:
" @Arkthemaniac said:
" Forty-three sextillion, two hundred and fifty-two quintillion, three quadrillion, two hundred and seventy-four trillion, four hundred and eighty-nine million, eight hundred and fifty-six thousand.

Thank you, and good day.
"
Thank you for that. I just vomited blue and red and yellow cubicles... "
All in a day's work.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By CL60

Regular ones are hard enough.

Avatar image for guerrilla_mason
guerrilla_mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By guerrilla_mason
@Arkthemaniac said:

Thank you, and good day.
"
Hate to do this, but as a math teacher, I must tell you that you don't use 'and' in a number unless there is a decimal. 

On topic, that is a wicked cube. I can't even do a regular one.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arkthemaniac
@Guerrilla_Mason said:
" @Arkthemaniac said:

Thank you, and good day.
"
Hate to do this, but as a math teacher, I must tell you that you don't use 'and' in a number unless there is a decimal. 

On topic, that is a wicked cube. I can't even do a regular one.
"
I hate to do this, but LEAVE ME ALONE!
Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Stang
@Arkthemaniac said:

Thank you, and good day.
"
You left out billion.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Arkthemaniac
@Stang said:
" @Arkthemaniac said:

Thank you, and good day.
"
You left out billion. "
Damn, you're right.

Okay, I was wrong.
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#17  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Oh Christ, now my head hurts.

GaryOak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GaryOak

The biggest cube I've ever solved is a computer simulation of a 10x10x10. Once you learn how to do "big" cubes, they're all pretty much the same thing. Doing a 7x7x7 isn't really any less impressive than doing a 21x21x21 (odd ones are marginally easier than even ones because they have set centers so there is a "red center" piece).

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Wolverine

There was this really smart kid in my school years back that was a genius but was socially retarded. Anyway he could solve a 3x3 Rubic's cube in 7 seconds. At the school talent show he demonstrated his skill with Queen playing in the background.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By angelkanarias

never solved one.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kashif1
@Wolverine said:
"There was this really smart kid in my school years back that was a genius but was socially retarded. Anyway he could solve a 3x3 Rubic's cube in 7 seconds. At the school talent show he demonstrated his skill with Queen playing in the background. "

i have trouble believing he could solve and cube in 7 seconds as that is sometimes phissically impossible
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#22  Edited By Tireyo

Only a genius can solve that big ol' Rubik's Cube.  I have a hard enough time even dealing with the regular one.  I'll just have to re-arrange the stickers and pretend that I'm smart on solving that cube!

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By JoelTGM

I can solve one in about a minute, but I'm just another noob who was taught the algorithms.

Snap!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By JJOR64

I mentally retarded when it comes to Rubik's Cubes.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By gingertastic_10

i cant even get one side on a rubiks cube. i wont even try

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Wolverine
@kashif1 said:
" @Wolverine said:
"There was this really smart kid in my school years back that was a genius but was socially retarded. Anyway he could solve a 3x3 Rubic's cube in 7 seconds. At the school talent show he demonstrated his skill with Queen playing in the background. "
i have trouble believing he could solve and cube in 7 seconds as that is sometimes phissically impossible "
I know it sounds crazy but I saw it with my own eyes.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wolverine
@Wolverine said:
" @kashif1 said:
" @Wolverine said:
i have trouble believing he could solve and cube in 7 seconds as that is sometimes phissically impossible "
I know it sounds crazy but I saw it with my own eyes.
"
Maybe it was 8 or 9 but it was around that range.
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DanielJW

I have a friend who can do them in about forty seconds. I have never once solved even a single side. If I suck at pumping iron and  the nerd equivalent, what does that mean for me?  

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By teh_destroyer

HAven't tried one of those,to afraid too >_>

Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mac

I can do a 3x3x3 one in about 1:45, but I've just memorized a bunch of move sets off a group of videos.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Gunner

I have a friend who can solve one in about a minute, he says its pretty easy if you know the right algorithms.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By buzz_clik

That was hypnotically awesome, that video.

NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NoDeath

I can do a 2 by 2 (ice cube) in about 20 seconds, a 3 by 3 in about a minute and a 4 by 4 in about 3 - 3 and a half minutes. I doubt I'll ever learn 5 by 5 or greater, the number of algorithms you have to learn goes up exponentially the bigger the cube. Also, Here:

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DanielJW
@NoDeath: Holy hell. So that took what, almost four and a half hours in real time? I'll never comprehend the amount of dedication and practice that must go into this, but I want to know why one would do that. What gain do you have from solving a 20x20x20 rubix cube?
freakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By freakin

I've always solved rubik's cubes by breaking them apart into pieces then putting them back together. 

NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NoDeath
@DanielJW said:
" @NoDeath: Holy hell. So that took what, almost four and a half hours in real time? I'll never comprehend the amount of dedication and practice that must go into this, but I want to know why one would do that. What gain do you have from solving a 20x20x20 rubix cube? "
Maybe something like being able to say:  "I can solve a fucking 20x20x20 Rubik's cube, bitch!". Though seriously, I encourage anyone to try solving a 3x3x3. It only took me a Saturday afternoon to go from 'I don't know WTF I'm doing' to actually finishing the cube in a matter of minutes and its a fairly rewarding experience.
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DanielJW
@NoDeath said:
" @DanielJW said:
" @NoDeath: Holy hell. So that took what, almost four and a half hours in real time? I'll never comprehend the amount of dedication and practice that must go into this, but I want to know why one would do that. What gain do you have from solving a 20x20x20 rubix cube? "
Maybe something like being able to say:  "I can solve a fucking 20x20x20 Rubik's cube, bitch!". Though seriously, I encourage anyone to try solving a 3x3x3. It only took me a Saturday afternoon to go from 'I don't know WTF I'm doing' to actually finishing the cube in a matter of minutes and its a fairly rewarding experience. "
I guess, it just seems to me to be a lot of work for not much reward. If a Rubix Cube exploded into a pile of money and women when they were completed, I would consider it.
Avatar image for anthropomorphic_bear
Anthropomorphic_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@NoDeath said:
*20x20x20 Rubiks cube*
Okay, a cookie for anyone who can both figure out and pronounce the number of possible states of that cube.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39  Edited By RHCPfan24
@Hairydutchman said:
" I used to peel the stickers of and solve it that way. "
Haha, that's what I do all the time.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#40  Edited By natetodamax

I solved my first rubix cube last Saturday. I was so happy.

Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a cube on my shelf to make me look smart. Thats about it.