#51  Edited By JJWeatherman
Burzmali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Burzmali
@Subject2Change: There are other 35ft HDMI cables for sale on Amazon for $10. You can buy them in bulk from Monoprice for less than $20 each. There is no justification for any HDMI cable to cost more than $2 per foot.
jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By jasta
@fleethefactory said:
" @Jasta said:

" @Zabant:

You should check out a company called Siltech, they trade cables for crazy money.

Siltech Emperor Crown Speaker Cable
 Siltech Emperor Crown Speaker Cable

The Emperor Crown speaker cables are the best I have ever heard in the systems used for the listening tests. Their sonic attribute engraved itself with the combination tried for the listening tests and refined all the important elements for which audiophiles and music lovers strive. The list includes, among other things, resolution, smoothness, imaging, air, texture, body and, most importantly, a very high degree of neutrality, which allows a rather clear audition of a system’s hardware. This is a good thing, though it can be dangerous as the cable exposes all imperfections of speakers and electronics. I like the metal cable supports and careful auditions showed that floor vibration, usually caused by the loudspeakers’ bass energy, does deteriorate resolution and spatial elements, if only by a diminutive extent.

This little fucker will set you back about $40k every 2 meters, though the guy who wrote this review makes it sound like sex to the ear.

Expensive cables are expensive.

"
I checked those guys out, went to their webshop; they sell chopsticks made out of pure silver and gold. That may be the greatest thing ever. An A/V cable company that will sell you chopsticks.

http://www.siltechcables.com/afawcs0115608/ln-webshop.html "

Yeah I seen those, I wouldint be in any hurry to stick them into my food or mouth. Still, it has 21st birthday present written all over it...
gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By gamb1t

This is 32' of HDMI. So few notice this....im not suprised.

ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ape_dosmil

I buy my cables from ebay. My HDMI cables were about £2 each. In the shops in the UK though you'll struggle to find an HDMI cable for less than £15, it is an absolute scam. I don't mind them ripping of the gullible with 'premium' cables so long as they actually sell cheap cables as well. The premium cabling scam is even more prevalent in the audiophile world. Audioquest Everest make a speaker cable which costs around $7000 (seven thousand dollars!) a metre. The hi-fi magazines like 'What Hi-Fi' literally review speaker cables even though double blind tests show that people can not hear the difference between any properly constructed speaker cables.

ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ape_dosmil
@gamb1t: It is still $14 a foot. Which is still too much. There are 6 foot HDMI cables on ebay for $2.50, that is 42 cents a foot or 3% of the cost of the Monster cable.
DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By DukeTogo

Sadly it's not at all new for something to be vastly overpriced aimed at people who know nothing about it and think more expensive equals better.
At one time Monster was at least a somewhat respectable cable brand.  With analog signals all the rare metals and braided and shielded wires made a noticeable difference, but now that everything is digital, it's made them have to resort to skulduggery and take advantage of people to stay in business as a premium cable manufacturer.

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By pwnasaurus
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By Osaladin

This is actually pretty funny. My brother just bought a new TV yesterday and got talked into an $85 Monster HDMI cable by one of the Best Buy salesmen. He called me as they where loading the TV into his car to tell me the good news. Then I immediately told him to go back inside and return that HDMI cable before he leaves the parking lot. I just bought 2 HDMI cables for $2.99 with free shipping off of Newegg. I hate it when my family makes electronics purchases without consulting me first.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Karl_Boss

its Monster brand so I'm not surprised.

ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ape_dosmil
@DukeTogo said:

"With analog signals all the rare metals and braided and shielded wires made a noticeable difference, but now that everything is digital, it's made them have to resort to skulduggery and take advantage of people to stay in business as a premium cable manufacturer. "

They never made a noticeable difference. It has always been a scam. It is just that with everything being digital now, it is an even more obvious scam. Even with analog cables, double blind tests show investing in anything other than build quality is a waste of money.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Azteck

MAYBE IT'S HDMI 1.5!!!!!!!!!

But seriously. That's some seriously shady stuff. How are they in business at all?

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By damnboyadvance
@benpicko said:
" @ShaunassNZ said:
" Well if I bought 2222 of those... thats million bucks "

No Caption Provided
That took an unreasonably large amount of time for what it is. "
You're winner!
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#64  Edited By Kazona
@Subject2Change said:
" You do realize that not everything is created for consumers, correct? 35 feet has the professional in mind NOT the dude trying to connect to his PS3; unless he want to have it run from the other room... "
He has a good point. Your average consumer probably doesn't need a cable that's 35 feet long.
AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By AlexW00d
@Jeust: nahh they just only made one.
Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

My $5 10 ft HDMI cable from MonoPrice is serving me just fine.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By BraveToaster
@jukezypoo said:
" Guys, it's Monster, that's what they do.  Moving on. "
Yeah, pretty much.
ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ape_dosmil
@Kazona said:
" @Subject2Change said:
" You do realize that not everything is created for consumers, correct? 35 feet has the professional in mind NOT the dude trying to connect to his PS3; unless he want to have it run from the other room... "
He has a good point. Your average consumer probably doesn't need a cable that's 35 feet long. "
Disagree. Your average professional knows enough about the technology to know not to pay over the odds. Monster cables are absolutely aimed at consumers. Ill informed consumers at that.
meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#69  Edited By meptron

I don't know guys. They say this guy has ulimate high speed. That seems pretty ultimate.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Ben_H  Online

I've seen people buy 300 dollar ones at Future Shop when picking up a game from there but that's even crazier.  That cable costs more than my tv.

Halopower67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Halopower67

2 days ago I bought a 25ft. HDMI cable to connect my computer to my TV that's a little far away from my computer and that cost me $5 with free 2 day shipping. On Amazon.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By subject2change
@Burzmali said:

" @Subject2Change: There are other 35ft HDMI cables for sale on Amazon for $10. You can buy them in bulk from Monoprice for less than $20 each. There is no justification for any HDMI cable to cost more than $2 per foot. "

Gold plated cables compared to cheapo monoprice ones...not knocking monoprice, I have HDMI cables from there, hell we have a bunch of there stuff around the office including converters and stuff. But you are comparing 35 feet of gold plated cable to 35 feet of something other than gold....

There is no justification for a home user to get that, but in a pro level and I do not mean a website like giantbomb or tomshardware I mean broadcast, film, etc IT IS most definitely viable. Sure monster likes selling to the home user with a crazy expensive home system, but that is not there intended target.
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#73  Edited By Kazona
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By LiquidPrince

It's a 35 feet cable... Obviously it's gonna be expensive, especially since it's monster.