50 Books, 50 Movies, 50 Games. 1 Year (2014)

• 63 results
egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By egg

OP is adding games to the mix but that makes this challenge twice as time consuming (roughly the same as 100 books 50 movies) and much more costly.

I would suggest dropping books for games. But movies come from the entertainment industry. The one that signed off on our internet rights.

Avatar image for generic_username
generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By generic_username

I could probably pull off 50 books, easy, if I could find 50 books that I'd be into. I finish most books (regardless of page count) in two days at the most. Games, I couldn't do. I don't have that kind of money. I guess if you count old emulated games and games I already own, it'd be possible, but I'm just not good enough at games to pull it off, and a lot of games tend to be 20+ hours. I don't think I even have the attention span for that.

I listen to over fifty albums a year every year. Not new ones, and not ones I haven't heard before, but I'm listening to music or podcasts pretty much constantly and can listen to albums over and over and over without them ever getting old. Music is my favorite medium out of all of these.

As for movies, I don't actually like watching movies, so that's a guaranteed no. I think there are less than ten movies in existence that I like enough to sit down and watch without some sort of social pressure forcing me to do it.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#53  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I could do it if it was 10/10/10, but at my most diligent I read 4 books, beat 36 games and probably watched a couple dozen movies last year. Sounds like a fun challenge, but I probably don't have the time. Good luck to those taking it on though.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Holy poop nuggets.

50 games? That's almost one a week. Books, sure, that could be done. I'm just not really into the kind of games that I can finish in one sitting.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wow that's a lot of free time. I'm jealous.

Good luck. I'd love to read more but I fall asleep and I find the first 100 pages of books REALLY hard to get into for some damn reason.

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chobobot: Just participated. I've completed 1/50 games this year, 0/50 books... but I haven't began with movies. How do we give updates on our process?

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By miko1222

What if people cheat?

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By chobobot

@miko1222 said:

@chobobot: Just participated. I've completed 1/50 games this year, 0/50 books... but I haven't began with movies. How do we give updates on our process?

You can just reply to this thread, with the following format that I have seen in other forums: -

2/50 Books

• Example Book 1
  • Example Book 2

2/50 Movies

• Example Movie 1
  • Example Movie 2

2/50 Games

• Example Games 1
  • Example Games 2
chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miko1222 said:

What if people cheat?

It's more of a fun personal challenge, nobody wins anything.

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne
EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm down for this. I have a lot of free time at the moment but I waste most of it on here or Reddit. I'm doing 50 games, films and albums.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe if I'd still be a single and wouldn't have any hobbies outside of gaming, I could consider this...books would still be rough. I've got a pile of unfinished ones waiting to be read and I feel like I'm only really interested in reading the 'sequel' to Ready Player One this year.

iBushido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wanna do this, but there's no way it would work. I could easily watch a movie a week. That's not a big deal. I usually do more than that anyway. Reading 50 books though would impossible. I'm not a very fast reader and I'm always tired so something passive like reading a book has a tendency to put me to sleep when compared to something active like playing a video game. The game part just sounds like a ton of fun, but I'm sure after the first 10 or so that I pick for their short lengths, I'd run into games that are 20hrs long, 30hrs long, and more. No way I'd have the time for that either. This challenge just makes me sad that I don't have time to do this cuz I would love to.

If anything though, it has at least made me want to keep track of how many books I read, movies I watch, and games I complete for the year, just out of curiosity.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By GERALTITUDE

50 movies is a cakewalk. Probably happens accidentally every year.

50 books?

50 games?

I'm out!