50 Cent Finally has 'Animal Ambition', out June 3rd '14

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Artist and label transition to independent status after 12 years with Shady Records/Aftermanth Entertainment/Interscope Records

50 Cent announced today that he has signed an exclusive worldwide distribution and services agreement with Caroline/Capitol/UMG. The superstar recording artist transitions to independent status after a successful twelve years at Shady/Aftermath/Interscope..

The artist's first album under the new agreement will be Animal Ambition, scheduled for release on June 3rd.Album pre-orders will begin on March 18th and fans will immediately receive two instant gratification tracks and the corresponding videos will premiere online. An additional song and video will launch each week leading up to the album's release.

50 Cent commented,"I have had great success to date with Shady/Aftermath/Interscope and I'd like to thank Eminem and Dr. Dre for giving me an incredible opportunity. I've learned so much from them through the years. I am excited to enter this new era where I can carry out my creative vision."

Eminem stated, "Both myself and Shady Records are grateful to have had the chance to play a part in 50's career. Shady simply would not be what it is without 50 Cent. I've developed a great friendship with 50 over the years, and that's not going to change. We know 50 will have success in his new situation, and we remain supporters of both him and G-Unit."

ThisIs50: 50 Cent And G-Unit Records Sign Exclusive Worldwide Distribution Agreement - New Music Coming March 18th

So, if this is the case, I guess his Street King Immortal is dead, as is Black Magic maybe. But heck, a new album, is coming out like really soon! Fuck yea. From Eminem's response, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't had a feature on 50's new album. Although, the fact that 50 wasn't on Eminem's newest doesn't leave much comfort. Its whatever, I guess.

From what I could tell though, Tony Yayo is no longer in G-Unit, which sucks cuz I was sort of hoping for another Yayo record. Thoughts of a Predicate Felon was his one major-record album, which was pretty alright for what its worth.. Sort of. It seems Interscope sort of killed his career, as well as Obie Trice's. Yayo's Swine Flu mixtapes only got so good, but Gunfather Guru was actually pretty great. At least the first one was. Mase is never coming out with anything, damn.

Actually his newest video with Kendrick Lamar was alright.

I'm pretty sure Lloyd Banks is still on board the G-Unit boat, as 50 followed him over to Capitol since Banks' last newer album. As long as 50 doesn't do any fucking dubstep or dumb fucking beats, a crazy fucking Hungry album with an Eminem feature, might even bring back bad ass rap from the 2000's. It probably won't, but fuck, someone has to take out Cash Money.

I gotta say though, back when we had albums, and he had those G-Unit mixtapes, 50 was just hot. He had just so many amazing antics type of videos.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Tony Yayo took my skull

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Vinny_Says

50 will never make an album like Get Rich again because his life is just too different now. What exactly is a multi-millionaire supposed to rap about and still sound bad-ass?

50 isn't capable of making a concept album and listening to another Jay Z talking about how rich he is is something I don't want to do. I glad you've still got hope but unfortunately I don't feel the same and haven't since like 2005 when it comes to 50 Cent.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

50 will never make an album like Get Rich again because his life is just too different now. What exactly is a multi-millionaire supposed to rap about and still sound bad-ass?

50 isn't capable of making a concept album and listening to another Jay Z talking about how rich he is is something I don't want to do. I glad you've still got hope but unfortunately I don't feel the same and haven't since like 2005 when it comes to 50 Cent.

So much rap is just so unrelateable (for most) nowadays.. Not that that is a sign of quality, but it is certainly a fact.

Though I do really enjoy rapping "started from the bottom" ironically.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Makes sense, most of the beats on his last few projects have been independent-quality if not worse.

If you're actually a fan of Tony Yayo's first album (and God help you if that's the case) you should check out Hawaiian Snow with Danny Brown. That and El Chapo 2 are the Yayo I'm into, absolutely no pretense of being a good rapper.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Tight, could be some sweet beats on this.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@vinny_says: I'm pretty happy just not listening to Drake. Lyrics and beats can go a long way. Even 50 says though, that his growing tastes are not keeping up with the younger fans.

@nodima: I definitely like that Yayo & east coast type of vibe. I'll defniitely check that mixtape out, thanks.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He shoulda called the album Blood on tha sand. Maybe Wierd Al can make an album called Blood on the sandwich. FIDDY. I got Get Rich on my X-box hard drive dont know how i got it there, I was in California when it came out. Man that thing could hold ass ton of music. I got music on that thing i dont ever plan to listen to again.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Wouldn't 'animal ambition' be to reproduce, eat, and sleep? Is that what this album is about? I'm on board!

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ZolRoyce

@jasonr86: Don't forget about going to the bathroom!

"Track 10 is the shit! Literally."

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@jasonr86 said:

Wouldn't 'animal ambition' be to reproduce, eat, and sleep? Is that what this album is about? I'm on board!

Some song ideas:

• Procreate or Die Trying
  • In Da Bed
  • F.O.O.D.
wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By wjb

I like my 50 Cent hanging out with Meryl Steep at a Knicks game court-side.

He had a couple good tracks, but I never thought he was as good as most people originally tried to make him out to be.

You're too good for this, 50. Count your money in your mansion in Connecticut and never have to worry about shit again. You won. You're not rich; you're wealthy.

Same with Dr. Dre. Fuck Detox, man. You don't need to do fucking shit anymore thanks to Beats giving you a 9-figure salary.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can anyone be excited for a 50 Cent album in 2014? Dude is almost as dusty as Eminem.

futurstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By futurstock

i was hoping it was a new game :[

where 50cent is a werewolf

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hey i forgot, june third is my sisters birthday. Shes a Crispy so Fifty is way out of her reach. Maybe on her birthday she could pray for him. I know, i will send her that xbox with Fifty on the hard drive. Wait, is Fifty secretly my sister? Ive never seen them in the same room together.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Before I Self Destruct wasn't bad.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Man, 16 posts in and no "Fifty hit that Big ass Ramp" jokes yet? For shame.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

He hit that big ass ramp years ago, peaked, and then descended from that sick ass jump.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I just saw the new video he put out. It sounds like mixtape beats, but his lyrics are so fucking solid. He puts more effort into his lyrical content than most rappers. Or at least more than Drake, or Lil Wayne, doesn't he??

Loading Video...

I just listened to Tony Yayo's older stuff btw. Like back to Thoughts of a Predicate Felon, and El Chapo. Wow. Just, crazy good songs. Sometimes anyway. Fabolous does that type of style too, which is sad cuz he hasn't put out Loso's Way 2 yet.

50 put out a fairly recent mixtape a little while ago, and that video is pretty damn good too btw. Damn that's video's good.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should just stick to pumping out approximately 200 DTV flicks a year with Val Kilmer.

gueeds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll leave this here

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/50-cent-blood-on-the-sand-video-review/2300-289/#

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By nightriff

I thought this meant he was releasing another game, not another album. Oh well.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By falserelic

@falserelic Oh right, I remembered some other video antics. Get him 50!

If anything though, I could see 50's album this year going up against Rick Ross again. It'll at least be interesting to see which album sells more. Meek Mill is better than Ross.

LOL! that second vid, and the one with Cam'ron was funny. 50 always likes to start shit with other rappers. I usually like Rick Ross songs more then 50's, but it would be interesting to see who comes out on top. Btw...that one vid with young buck made me laugh too, nigga sounded like a women, but its understandable why he went all emo. Though it was bold for 50 to release that conversation with him and buck, then again he likes to start shit as usually. One of the more funnier rap beefs I've seen was The Game and 40 Glock.

Loading Video...

The guy deserve every bit of that as whoopin. 40 Glock usually tries to punk others rappers out, but wasn't happening with The Game. We all have to keep in mind that The Game is a Blood.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinny_says said:

So much rap is just so unrelateable (for most) nowadays.. Not that that is a sign of quality, but it is certainly a fact.

Though I do really enjoy rapping "started from the bottom" ironically.

No it isn't a fact, it's an opinion that you've formed based on the hip hop music you've listened to recently.

And why enjoy something 'ironically'? What's the point in that?

I just saw the new video he put out. It sounds like mixtape beats, but his lyrics are so fucking solid. He puts more effort into his lyrical content than most rappers. Or at least more than Drake, or Lil Wayne, doesn't he??

Great more Lil Wayne hate

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
@blu3v3nom07 said:

Great more Lil Wayne hate

I'll hate on Drake more than I will Wayne. Back on Dedication 1, at least he was funny. And the mixtape itself was pretty good. I mean I guess Carter 1 was alright. Although, I Am Not a Human Being's intro song "IANHB" had some pretty good piano beats. Everything else he does, just egh.

@falserelic said:

@blu3v3nom07 said:

@falserelic Oh right, I remembered some other video antics. Get him 50!

If anything though, I could see 50's album this year going up against Rick Ross again. It'll at least be interesting to see which album sells more. Meek Mill is better than Ross.

LOL! that second vid, and the one with Cam'ron was funny. 50 always likes to start shit with other rappers. I usually like Rick Ross songs more then 50's, but it would be interesting to see who comes out on top. Btw...that one vid with young buck made me laugh too, nigga sounded like a women, but its understandable why he went all emo. Though it was bold for 50 to release that conversation with him and buck, then again he likes to start shit as usually. One of the more funnier rap beefs I've seen was The Game and 40 Glock.

The guy deserve every bit of that as whoopin. 40 Glock usually tries to punk others rappers out, but wasn't happening with The Game. We all have to keep in mind that The Game is a Blood.

I've always liked Game's stuff. I've had Jesus Piece on my phone's rotation for a bunch of years by now. There's this one video I can't really find though, where 50 has this desk and he's talking about Def Jam, and he's just throwing things off, relating them to artists. About how if he was head of Def Jam, Khaled, Ross, and everybody there would just be gone. Its pretty hilarious really.

I have some more videos in the intro paragraph if you didn't see those. 'A Psychic Told Me' is just one of my all-time favorites. Just crazy scary the first time I watched and thought about it. I also love when he appeared on Jeremih's video and did this video a little while after.

I don't know about Ross.. He's consistently put out more albums lately than 50, but maybe getting away from Interscope could finally help. I just love though how 50 makes some pretty cool features

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see 50 putting out anything that'll top The Massacre or GRODT but maybe he'll pull an Eminem and actually put something out that trumps his last three albums.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#29  Edited By MildMolasses

The most shocking thing about this thread is that there are Tony Yayo fans. What the fuck?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mildmolasses said:

The most shocking thing about this thread is that there are Tony Yayo fans. What the fuck?

Yeah, Lloyd Banks actually has a pretty strong fanbase too as a solo artist. But Banks did it by dropping a bunch of critically acclaimed mixtapes. Yayo was just....Yayo. But he plays his position as 50's glorified hypeman and it's kept him from ending up like Buck so far.