• 58 results
Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Paindamnation

I would post this on Screened.com, but I'm ashamed of what that site has become, and if it will even last any longer because of it. I've watched House M.D. since I guess the third season, then instantly caught up with it and kept up with it for the latter part of the rest of the season. I know this is a gaming forum and this might be shut down, but it's about Off Topic and inciting discussion so I'm trying. I loved this show and everything it put forth from the Conan Doyle Sherlock Holmes, from the large amount of technical jargon. I've learned alot, lived alot and owe alot to this show, I know it's just T.V. and for the ratings but it has had a good impact on me. I've been sick since I was about 11, and I've never really coped with it. Everyday I'm in pain, and it's just a rigorous cycle. Though I've never taken drugs for it, it's been a mountain to climb for almost 12 years. Even though it's just T.V. seeing someone portrayed as having the same pain the same anguish, and just giving up on life so many times, really touched me. I don't expect anyone to even reply to this, or it to be huge, I just wanted something out there, as a thanks to what this show did, and whoever feels the same. I digress it's T.V. but I know some people our there are touched by such Trivial things, so if it has touched you, or you thoroughly enjoyed it and are going to miss it. Let me know. Thanks Hugh Laurie, and House M.D. for 8 great years.

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mrfizzy

I watched it for its first two seasons and then went off it coz I felt each episode followed and identical pattern, thats not to say it was a bad show or anything like that, my girlfriend loves it to death. Hopefully Laurie gets to go onto another tv series.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Dagbiker

Has it really been 8 years? man im old.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By adoggz
@Dagbiker

I know right.
notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By notdavid

I lost interest once the second team came in. The show still seemed great, but I got a little tired of the formula.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

@adoggz said:

@Dagbiker

I know right.

Damn. Yeah, I remember watching this when I was young and it was new. I liked it a lot then as well.

Now, though, I don't really know the show that well. I have never been good about keeping up with TV shows and this is no exception; I haven't seen it much for a fair number of years now.

Just a question that popped up in my mind, have you ever seen Scrubs? Aside from similar settings, the two have nothing to do with each other, but I just thought it would be an interesting question.

And on a final note, I hope whatever illness constantly afflicts you goes away so you can live in better comfort! Healthy people like myself take so much of this for granted when our pains are nothing compared to people that go through pain everyday.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#7  Edited By alistercat

Hugh Laurie is working on something with Stephen Fry right now. I just want to see him again.

Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Paindamnation

@believer258 said:

@adoggz said:

@Dagbiker

I know right.

Damn. Yeah, I remember watching this when I was young and it was new. I liked it a lot then as well.

Now, though, I don't really know the show that well. I have never been good about keeping up with TV shows and this is no exception; I haven't seen it much for a fair number of years now.

Just a question that popped up in my mind, have you ever seen Scrubs? Aside from similar settings, the two have nothing to do with each other, but I just thought it would be an interesting question.

And on a final note, I hope whatever illness constantly afflicts you goes away so you can live in better comfort! Healthy people like myself take so much of this for granted when our pains are nothing compared to people that go through pain everyday.

I saw scrubs and while it was funny, that main doctor tried to be "like" House in my opinion, the one that was always an ass to the main character. I dunno I thought it was funny but never really delved deep into it.

And thank you by the way.

green_sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By green_sky

I enjoyed reading your post and am happy for you that it had such a positive effect on you. I watched the first 6 seasons of the show and than stopped. I will go ahead and finish them when i have time. I really like shows like Lost, Six Feet Under and such. It is such an amazing art form. One can stories in a way that are hard to tell in other mediums but than can be said about all other mediums such a movies and games. Cheers :)

DanBurnsRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DanBurnsRed

It's sad that such a great TV show had to come to an end, but what an ending it was. House, finally doing something for someone else, no matter what the outcome would be for him. It was an amazing 8 years and I will miss that show dearly. I just hope Hugh gets put into another show that will allow him to use his acting talents equal to that as his part in House.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By RedRoach

I started catching up a few weeks ago. I got to the 5th season before the lack of ANY character development regarding house started to bum me out.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deathstriker666

@mrfizzy said:

I watched it for its first two seasons and then went off it coz I felt each episode followed and identical pattern, thats not to say it was a bad show or anything like that, my girlfriend loves it to death. Hopefully Laurie gets to go onto another tv series.

Same with me. Here's what I got out of most of it

1. Exposition scene with patient
  2. Patient is diagnosed
  3. Turns out diagnosis is wrong
  4. All the while House, the fucking miserable twat, does nothing but berate fellow co-workers, the show's main line of humor
  5. Patient exhibit severe symptoms, close to death
  6. Patient is about to die when House comes in with a crack diagnosis
  7. Diagnosis is right, patient is saved, and House is a hero
Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Paindamnation

@deathstriker666 said:

@mrfizzy said:

2. Patient is diagnosed
  4. All the while House, the fucking miserable twat, does nothing but berate fellow co-workers, the show's main line of humor

Also they switched up the whole way they did things, added in stories for just the main characters, killed off people, showed what true death can do, while most of it does have that same formula they changed it enough times to keep it interesting to me.

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By mrfizzy

@deathstriker666 said:

@mrfizzy said:

2. Patient is diagnosed

Yeah and then once or twice a season you make it so it is too late and the patient dies so that they can show the cast in relation to how they deal with death as a part of the daily jobs.

Then again maybe it changed it up a bit after those first few seasons.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BraveToaster

@Paindamnation said:

I don't expect anyone to even reply to this,

I always feel like people do expect others to read when they post line.

Any way, I've never had an emotional attachment to a T.V. show, movie, book etc.

Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Paindamnation

@BraveToaster said:

@Paindamnation said:

I don't expect anyone to even reply to this,

I always feel like people do expect others to read when they post line.

Any way, I've never had an emotional attachment to a T.V. show, movie, book etc.

You're a toaster. Nuff' said.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Sooty

It went downhill since S3 I thought, all the new teams have sucked and that series of "games" when he was picking a new team was terrible.

I watched the ending and thought it ended well, but the entire first half of that episode sucked so badly.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I stopped watching somewhere during season 6. But then I caught a recent episode, with the horrible Charlene Yi delivering her lines in the most disgustingly bland, monotonous way. Ugh, I'm glad I stopped watching.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BraveToaster

@Paindamnation said:

You're a toaster. Nuff' said.

A brave toaster to be exact.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NegativeCero

I never got into House. Just found it kind of boring from the few times I've watched it.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Four Phases of watching House, M.D:

1. This show is AWESOME, I love everything about it!
  2. Well, I'm getting kinda tired of the medical mysteries part, but the characters are really good
  3. It's starting to get old, but I've watched it for so long...
  4. That show's still on?
drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22  Edited By drac96

@Paindamnation: I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Scrubs wasn't copying a show that came out 3 years after it.

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hoossy

watch, rinse and repeat. I could only take so much

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I never followed it for the cases so I didn't really care if it became formulaic in that respect, I cared about the character arcs. Personally i'm still making my mind up about the ending; whether or not I liked it. 

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JazGalaxy

My roomate watched House a lot, so I saw a lot of episodes.

The one thing I never understood why how House was considered a genius even when, in the last few seasons, he was frequently wrong. A lot. He would come in, offhandedly misdiagnose the patient, call himself a genius and waltz out. Then when that didn't work, he's call everyone dumb and insist that he was right. Then he'd stop the inane childish b plot he was involved in, actually give the patient his attention for 5 minutes and emerge with an actual solution to the problem.

I found it impossible to take the show seriously when it's premise seemed so full of holes...

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By redcream

I'm a huge fan of Hugh Laurie and I never missed an episode of House. I only endured watching it because of him. Obviously they left so many underdeveloped plots and forced scenarios. I'm glad that it's over cause IMO the show had 2 seasons too much.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By toowalrus

House is one of the few shows I've watched every week from beginning to end. Seasons 4-6 were a little sketchy, but the rest was great. The end was... well, it was OK, but nothing special. I'm sad to see it go but at least it wasn't a disaster.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By iam3green

well crazy stuff. i couldn't really get into the show. i usually watched the beginning of the show but that was it. crazy that the show has been on for 8 years.

i can't really get into a lot of shows.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mercy_

@RedCream said:

I'm a huge fan of Hugh Laurie and I never missed an episode of House. I only endured watching it because of him. Obviously they left so many underdeveloped plots and forced scenarios. I'm glad that it's over cause IMO the show had 2 seasons too much.

That's the worst. I always like to see shows (or anything, really) go out on a high note before we start resenting what we like for becoming something we hate.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Winternet

House was always a neat, funny and carefree TV show. I liked it a lot.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Vextroid

8 years of lupus.

Watched it once, seemed ok.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By korolev

About the only positive influence the show has ever had was to demonstrate to the public that medicine and science are tricky subjects and that even the best doctors get things wrong, because hey - stuff's complicated in the body. A symptom could have 20 different causes. Sometimes patients have more than one condition and its difficult to tell what is causing what.

But that's the one and only positive thing this show has done for doctors and the medical community.

At least it was not as bad as Grey's bloody Anatomy, though.

jjnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jjnen

@drac96 said:

@Paindamnation: I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Scrubs wasn't copying a show that came out 3 years after it.

Yep, if anything it was the other way around.

I've always liked House even though the plot wasn't most coherent. Hugh Laurie did a great job keeping that show alive.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#34  Edited By jacksukeru

I kind of got the formula down during the first season and mostly lost interest, but still tuned in occasionally up until somewhere in the second. Since then I haven't seen it.

jonano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jonano

I liked House until they had that stupid virtual reality game thing my god that was sooooooooooooooo stupid.Oh and by the way it's not Lupis !!!!

CountMacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CountMacula

@Winternet said:

House was always a neat, funny and carefree TV show. I liked it a lot.

Ditto. I thoroughly enjoyed the way it portrayed the ambiguity & complexity of symptoms, the evolving nature of the relationships between coworkers (particularly House & Wilson, but also the supporting cast) and how it dealt with subjects like suicide. Thought the last episode was pretty strong, although I really wish Lisa Edelstein would've returned (I assume her part would've been the bit with Cameron).

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cheesebob

@Paindamnation: How was the final? Did it end well?

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SexyToad

Today's the last episode.... It's so sad.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By xdaknightx69

i'm gonna miss the show but i'm glad it didnt get canceled and is going out on its own terms.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#40  Edited By Atlas

I'll just leave this here...

Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Paindamnation

@Cheesebob said:

For all intensive purposes to me it ended how it should have. There are a million things it could have done, and the homage to one of the greats with this ending was really well done.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@Paindamnation said:

@Cheesebob said:

For all intensive purposes to me it ended how it should have. There are a million things it could have done, and the homage to one of the greats with this ending was really well done.

Not to be a Nazi, but it's 'Intents and purposes', not 'intensive purposes'.

Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Paindamnation

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@Paindamnation said:

@Cheesebob said:

Your avatar looks like Charlene Yi.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@Paindamnation said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@Paindamnation said:

@Cheesebob said:

Except my avatar can act.

Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Paindamnation

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@Paindamnation said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@Paindamnation said:

@Cheesebob said:

Yeah she sucks. I think they should have killed her off and brought someone back, anyone, maybe a failure from the fourth season, she just seemed Eh the whole time, like she was the new Kutner, Foreman, token minority.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By laserbolts

@Mercy_ said:

@RedCream said:

That's the worst. I always like to see shows (or anything, really) go out on a high note before we start resenting what we like for becoming something we hate.

That's what happens to me with Lost. The first 2 seasons were really good then third was ok and by the fourth it just got so ridiculous that I completely stopped watching it. It's a shame because man those first couple seasons were so good.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@Paindamnation said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@Paindamnation said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@Paindamnation said:

@Cheesebob said:

Yeah she sucks. I think they should have killed her off and brought someone back, anyone, maybe a failure from the fourth season, she just seemed Eh the whole time, like she was the new Kutner, Foreman, token minority.

I think if they wanted to bring a token onto the show, they should have brought back Big Love.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stopped watching entirely a little way into season 6 and haven't missed it at all.

Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Paindamnation

@PrivateIronTFU said:

Love.

I agree, Darwin was great. Yes referencing him on X-Men First Class and he was also in Crank.

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@Paindamnation said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@Paindamnation said:

@Cheesebob said:

Zing!