#1 Edited by AhmadMetallic (19303 posts) -

I've always been intrigued by the thoughts and emotions animals have towards each other. How do you explain what this cat is thinking while doing this : 

Edit: If the music is annoying you so much, here's an alternate version.. this isnt about the goddamn song though :P

I think the cat doesnt understand the concept of death, and is just puzzled and confused by his/her friend laying still not waking up.  
Do you know anything about animal connections ? Arent they just mindless creatures, programmed to lead a certain thoughtless emotionless life ? 

Edit: Do you think he's crying after he failed? Animals dont cry man =/  I think he's just sleepy. 
#2 Posted by ArchScabby (5877 posts) -

Depression much?

#3 Posted by MrKlorox (11142 posts) -

Well when my older dog died, the younger one whimpered and cried all night. It definitely knew something was up. A few months later it ran away.

#4 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19303 posts) -
@ArchScabby said:
" Depression much? "
If you mean me, it's not my video. And if you mean the cat, lolz i guess.
#5 Posted by ArchScabby (5877 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @ArchScabby said:
" Depression much? "
If you mean me, it's not my video. And if you mean the cat, lolz i guess. "
I mean now I feel all depressed thanks to you.
#6 Posted by anarchyzombie9 (628 posts) -

Good thing im listening to NIN or Id be bawwing right now.

#7 Posted by HandsomeDead (11854 posts) -

That's the saddest shit I've ever seen.

#8 Posted by MetalGearSunny (7465 posts) -

='(

#9 Posted by ThatFrood (3460 posts) -

I just wish that jarring, melodramatic music wasn't playing.

#10 Posted by JJOR64 (19550 posts) -
#11 Posted by luce (4056 posts) -

Oh my god :(

#12 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2693 posts) -

Aw poor kitteh :(

#13 Posted by clubsandwich (3965 posts) -

man, this is so sad, I'm so depressed now, thanks op. :(

#14 Posted by jakob187 (22345 posts) -

That's a morbid fucking video... 

...and now I'm all depressed as fuck.

#15 Posted by Akeldama (4335 posts) -
@ThatFrood said:
" I just wish that jarring, melodramatic music wasn't playing. "
I muted it and played some Meshuggah over it. Its much more entertaining that way.
#16 Posted by Bucketdeth (8234 posts) -

Man that was fucking terrible, I'm going to be crying at work now.

#17 Posted by MrKlorox (11142 posts) -

To sum this thread:

"that's depressing" x10

"lolz entertainment" x2

#18 Posted by SuperSecretAgenda (689 posts) -

Some things are better without melodramatic music. This is one of them.

Death catches up with us all eventually.

#19 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19303 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" To sum this thread:  "that's depressing" x10  "lolz entertainment" x2 "
hahaha i havent laughed like that in a while :P 

Why isnt anyone paying attention to the discussion im trying to start ?!!!!!
#20 Posted by Yummylee (23268 posts) -

''Next up on cats do the funniest things!''... 

lol nah that video forced a sad frowny face for me =( but that's why I joke, to combat it! ;P 
As for cats and how they interact, well they clearly know of each other and they'll mourn a death of their own like all animals. They might even take it harder than any human at that. Such an event could change their personality completely. Especially dogs.

#21 Posted by Milkman (17905 posts) -

The music is horrible but besides that, that's the saddest thing I've ever seen...

#22 Posted by ArchScabby (5877 posts) -

Don't worry guys, he brought enough for everybody.

#23 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3808 posts) -

#24 Posted by KaosAngel (14251 posts) -

I too want to say a witty-dickish remark, but I cannot.  :(

#25 Posted by Atomasist (2793 posts) -

I'm now sad.

#26 Posted by Meteora (5844 posts) -

Fuck, that was the saddest thing I've watched in my life. 

I can't stop myself from the urge of crying. There's still tears in my eyes... 

I feel bad for the two cats.

#27 Posted by Brendan (8758 posts) -
@BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"

"

meta
#28 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2523 posts) -

wtf man

#29 Posted by Demonstride (876 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @MrKlorox said:
" To sum this thread:  "that's depressing" x10  "lolz entertainment" x2 "
hahaha i havent laughed like that in a while :P  Why isnt anyone paying attention to the discussion im trying to start ?!!!!! "
Because you posted the saddest thing man has ever behold. But, I'll try answering your original question. I think that animals probably understand the concept of death and that cat probably wants its buddy back :(
#30 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1663 posts) -

Sad Face D:

#31 Posted by Meowayne (6168 posts) -

#32 Posted by BraveToaster (12636 posts) -

That kitteh cannot haz cheezburger!

#33 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Inbetween two parked cars in a parking lot, a friendship ends.

......fuck.

#34 Posted by xMP44x (2227 posts) -

That's actually really depressing, but it's quite beautiful in the sense that it shows the intelligence of animals. The cat tried to save its friend, but it's also an extremely sad to watch something like that. Poor kittehs.

#35 Posted by RJay_64 (822 posts) -

Ugh why does EVERY SINGLE VIDEO of that cat have to have music playing in the background.

Is there one silent version?  Because I cannot stand any of those songs.  errr.. I guess I could just turn the volume off though. 

#36 Posted by OllyOxenFree (5007 posts) -
@RJay_64 said:
" Ugh why does EVERY SINGLE VIDEO of that cat have to have music playing in the background.  Is there one silent version?  Because I cannot stand any of those songs.  errr.. I guess I could just turn the volume off though.  "
The mute button.  Clicketh it.
#37 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19818 posts) -

I don't know about cats, but of course there are several animals who understand what death signifies.  Like how birds (specifically pigeons) will assemble at a place where one of them died or something.

#38 Posted by EvolutionX0 (413 posts) -

gee, a cat is dieing..  (apparently it wasn't dead at the time) lets record it and put it on youtube instead of trying to save the cat.  
am I the only one here who thinks that a little bit fucked up?

#39 Posted by Three0neFive (2302 posts) -
@EvolutionX0 said:
" gee, a cat is dieing..  (apparently it wasn't dead at the time) lets record it and put it on youtube instead of trying to save the cat.  am I the only one here who thinks that a little bit fucked up? "
So you're saying everyone who recorded footage of 9/11 should have rushed to the top floor and tried to carry everyone down? :/
#40 Posted by Hitchenson (4708 posts) -
@Three0neFive said:
" @EvolutionX0 said:
" gee, a cat is dieing..  (apparently it wasn't dead at the time) lets record it and put it on youtube instead of trying to save the cat.  am I the only one here who thinks that a little bit fucked up? "
So you're saying everyone who recorded footage of 9/11 should have rushed to the top floor and tried to carry everyone down? :/ "
Yes. They're all cowards for not doing so. That's exactly what he's saying. 
#41 Posted by Meteora (5844 posts) -
@Three0neFive said:
" @EvolutionX0 said:
So you're saying everyone who recorded footage of 9/11 should have rushed to the top floor and tried to carry everyone down? :/ "
Its a little fucked up. Though apparently in the video description, it says the white cat wouldn't let anyone near the black cat for 2 hours.
#42 Posted by Qwo (9 posts) -

This video didn't affect me at all, and I love cats. 

Mostly because the top cat is  only kneading the dead one because he's horny and wants some pussay.

#43 Posted by NickL (2260 posts) -

as someone who has had three cats, this video makes me sad... also, when the first cat died the other two seemed extremely sad
In fact, one of the cats went from perfect health to dying within 2 weeks of the first one dying, someone try to explain that one to me

#44 Posted by FunExplosions (5535 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" ''Next up on cats do the funniest things!''..."
Hah! I laughed pretty damn hard. Then someone gets in that car and backs over both of them. Oh god. That would be horrible. And hilarious.
#45 Posted by Djeffers03 (2537 posts) -

I've already seen it but it still makes me :'(

#46 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19303 posts) -
@Meteora said:
" @Three0neFive said:
" @EvolutionX0 said:
Its a little fucked up. Though apparently in the video description, it says the white cat wouldn't let anyone near the black cat for 2 hours. "
Exactly. If i was there and tried to save the dying cat and had his friend try to stop me, i'd stop and let nature take it's course .. 

@Qwo said:
" Mostly because the top cat is  only kneading the dead one because he's horny and wants some pussay. "
That seemed to be the case for a moment there. but then, nah, it aint. 

@NickL said:
" when the first cat died the other two seemed extremely sad In fact, one of the cats went from perfect health to dying within 2 weeks of the first one dying, someone try to explain that one to me "
thats fucked up.
#47 Posted by Siepher (267 posts) -

That's so sad. :(

#48 Posted by Rowr (5862 posts) -

ahAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAAAHAHA

funny.

#49 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5284 posts) -

Cats freak me out. They know way more than they're letting on.

#50 Posted by oldschool (7641 posts) -

Man, that made me cry.  I mean, really cry.  That is seriously sad. But at the same time, it is one of the sweetest things I have ever watched.  

As to the topic though, the answer is a resounding yes.  Animals bond and they do pine for lost friends.  Not all, but most.  Why wouldn't they?  Anyone who has had multiple pets knows how they mourn in some meaningful way.  They don't think like us, but they certainly think.  It is obvious to me that cats and dogs have imaginations and they dream.