Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Jesus

All right lately Ive been watching all those great movies I missed
Well last night I watched a clockwork orange... And first of I really liked it. I understood it and it kinda disturbed me...
But I can't seen to figure out the point they were trying to show... like I feel like I missed something.... anyonre care to explain
People leave this thread if you don't want to see spoiler

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By LackLuster
Jesus said:
"All right lately Ive been watching all those great movies I missedWell last night I watched a clockwork orange... And first of I really liked it. I understood it and it kinda disturbed me...But I can't seen to figure out the point they were trying to show... like I feel like I missed something.... anyonre care to explainPeople leave this thread if you don't want to see spoiler"
We kind of went over this in one of my forums, but to sum things up it's about freedom of choice.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By turbomonkey138

Its supposed to show how society is controlling out lives . As wrong as it may seem at the beggning the main character is "free" he does what he wants and has fun . Then after he is caught he is assmilated into society and looses his own humanity . Well thats what u learned in Film school

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TwoOneFive
turbomonkey138 said:
"Its supposed to show how society is controlling out lives . As wrong as it may seem at the beggning the main character is "free" he does what he wants and has fun . Then after he is caught he is assmilated into society and looses his own humanity . Well thats what u learned in Film school"
lol

but at the end of the day, all you will remember is old lady getting beat to death by a giant cock statue. 
Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jesus
TwoOneFive said:
"turbomonkey138 said:
"Its supposed to show how society is controlling out lives . As wrong as it may seem at the beggning the main character is "free" he does what he wants and has fun . Then after he is caught he is assmilated into society and looses his own humanity . Well thats what u learned in Film school"
lol

but at the end of the day, all you will remember is old lady getting beat to death by a giant cock statue. 
"
Lol yeah that was a little unexpected
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By turbomonkey138

Yea LOL :D

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By kmdrkul

Fantastic film.  In fact, it is one of my favorites.  The scene where Alex goes to the record store, picks up two women, and then has sex with them was one of the most memorable scenes of all time for me.  Also when he killed the crazy cat lady with the gigantic dick statue. 

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HandsomeDead

I thought it was a terrible film, but hey, it's Kubrick so it's hailed as being godly.

Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jesus
HandsomeDead said:
"I thought it was a terrible film, but hey, it's Kubrick so it's hailed as being godly."
you seem to hate on a lot of popular films
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HandsomeDead
Jesus said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"I thought it was a terrible film, but hey, it's Kubrick so it's hailed as being godly."
you seem to hate on a lot of popular films"
Because a lot of times, if something appeals to a huge demographic, it's pretty bland. However, I don't like Kubrick's directing style at all. He reminds me of a 60's Michael Bay: All effort into the style and looks of the film when the main plot and story is relatively lame.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Jesus said:
"All right lately Ive been watching all those great movies I missedWell last night I watched a clockwork orange... And first of I really liked it. I understood it and it kinda disturbed me...But I can't seen to figure out the point they were trying to show... like I feel like I missed something.... anyonre care to explainPeople leave this thread if you don't want to see spoiler"
Watch it after smoking a bowl. That should clear everything up.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kmdrkul
HandsomeDead said:
"Jesus said:
"HandsomeDead said:
Because a lot of times, if something appeals to a huge demographic, it's pretty bland. However, I don't like Kubrick's directing style at all. He reminds me of a 60's Michael Bay: All effort into the style and looks of the film when the main plot and story is relatively lame."
Well you can't really blame him for the story...
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HandsomeDead
kmdrkul said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Jesus said:
"HandsomeDead said:
Because a lot of times, if something appeals to a huge demographic, it's pretty bland. However, I don't like Kubrick's directing style at all. He reminds me of a 60's Michael Bay: All effort into the style and looks of the film when the main plot and story is relatively lame."
Well you can't really blame him for the story..."
No, but his adaptations are shit anyway. 2001 was incredibly boring because he left out a lot of key details, The Shining is basically the same in name only and this is just boring and overlong.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Snipzor
HandsomeDead said:
"Jesus said:
"HandsomeDead said:
Feh, next thing you'll say is that Cronenberg is too mainstream. Kubrick wasn't there for style, he was there for his profound use of imagery in cinematography and selection of music. The comparison you make is disgusting.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HandsomeDead
Snipzor said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Jesus said:
"HandsomeDead said:
Feh, next thing you'll say is that Cronenberg is too mainstream. Kubrick wasn't there for style, he was there for his profound use of imagery in cinematography and selection of music. The comparison you make is disgusting."
No, I love Cronenberg. Thing is, his films are actually entertaining, something Kubrick seemed to forget to include. Sure you can analyse Barry Lyndon frame by frame to point out the cinematography etc but his films as a whole are a chore.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By Claude
Snipzor said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Jesus said:
"HandsomeDead said:
Feh, next thing you'll say is that Cronenberg is too mainstream. Kubrick wasn't there for style, he was there for his profound use of imagery in cinematography and selection of music. The comparison you make is disgusting."
Perfect, I wondered why I threw up a little in my mouth. Cronenberg ... oh yeah... good one.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Diamond

I don't think Kubrick was particularly great either.  The Shining movie fell well short of the novel, Nicholson basically carried the movie.  2001 was trying too hard to be 'deep'.  Clockwork Orange was alright, but I think it went for cheap shock value too often, didn't portray human nature very well.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By Claude
HandsomeDead said:
"Snipzor said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Jesus said:
"HandsomeDead said:
No, I love Cronenberg. Thing is, his films are actually entertaining, something Kubrick seemed to forget to include. Sure you can analyse Barry Lyndon frame by frame to point out the cinematography etc but his films as a whole are a chore."
I found Kubrick's films engaging, they brought me into the production. The angles the movement it all fit into an imperfect world of illusion.  
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19  Edited By Suicrat

The book is far more detailed, far more disturbing, but overall, far better. I'm no Kubrick-hater though.

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By LackLuster
HandsomeDead said:
"Jesus said:
"HandsomeDead said:
I really beg to differ on that his movies appeal to a huge demographic because a lot his movies if not all don't appeal to everyone.  Saying he is like Michael Bay is kind of ridiculous, I always thought the plots were interesting I am always heavily engaged when I watch a Kubrick movie.  Maybe you should go into a Kubrick movie with an open mind.