• 76 results
Posted by jakob187 (21676 posts) -
*EDIT*  My blog links to my Facebook.  To all my Facebook friends - just skip this, you nincumpoops!

I can't say that I've been here since the very beginning, but I was pretty close.  In the time that I've been a member of these forums, I have seen a lot of folks come and go, banned and unbanned.  I've held the position at the top forum poster on the site, only to have it usurped and retain #2 for a long time.  This comes from a guy that use to beg the staff and moderators to rebug my account to show 0 posts (which lasted for almost 2,000 posts, I should point out).
Today, I quit my job.  I've been with Lansharx Gaming Center for five years, and today, I had to make the decision that I need to move forward into a new unknown.  It was not an easy decision, and it is something I've had on my mind for a little while now, even having talked to my bosses about it a few weeks back.  Today, I realized I needed to do this:  for my sanity, for my social life, and more than anything, for the bigger picture.

Do I have something lined up?  No, not necessarily.  As my father has always said:  "where there's a Williams, there's a way".  It may be cheesy, but I'll be damned if it isn't true.  We've survived tough times, and this will just be another step in those tough times.  At the end, I'm sure that there will be a nice light or something...maybe a big tittied blond chick.  Who knows?

"So what's this fond farewell business then, Josh?"

Well, part of the reason I've been present so much in these forums is because my job entailed me sitting at a computer for the majority of my work day.  Since I will no longer be at that job, it means that my forum presence will be drastically cut down.  It also means that this will be the last blog out of me for a while.

This community does great things, and despite the relentless amount of recycled memes and dumbasses that can come through here, you are some awesome muthafuckers.  Given that I still have a smartphone and a membership, I will still be able to use that combination to leave a comment or two here or there.  Beyond that, though, this is the part where you hoot, holler, and cheer, throw a party and celebrate the fact that I will be far less present.

I'll still be checking the site regularly for all of my news, reviews, videos, and of course, the Bombcast and NDX.  I just won't be holding that super high post count or throwing out blogs about how I have so many unfinished games...and a million other things.

It's been nice knowing you crackers.  Piece out, muthafuckers.
#1 Posted by jakob187 (21676 posts) -
*EDIT*  My blog links to my Facebook.  To all my Facebook friends - just skip this, you nincumpoops!

I can't say that I've been here since the very beginning, but I was pretty close.  In the time that I've been a member of these forums, I have seen a lot of folks come and go, banned and unbanned.  I've held the position at the top forum poster on the site, only to have it usurped and retain #2 for a long time.  This comes from a guy that use to beg the staff and moderators to rebug my account to show 0 posts (which lasted for almost 2,000 posts, I should point out).
Today, I quit my job.  I've been with Lansharx Gaming Center for five years, and today, I had to make the decision that I need to move forward into a new unknown.  It was not an easy decision, and it is something I've had on my mind for a little while now, even having talked to my bosses about it a few weeks back.  Today, I realized I needed to do this:  for my sanity, for my social life, and more than anything, for the bigger picture.

Do I have something lined up?  No, not necessarily.  As my father has always said:  "where there's a Williams, there's a way".  It may be cheesy, but I'll be damned if it isn't true.  We've survived tough times, and this will just be another step in those tough times.  At the end, I'm sure that there will be a nice light or something...maybe a big tittied blond chick.  Who knows?

"So what's this fond farewell business then, Josh?"

Well, part of the reason I've been present so much in these forums is because my job entailed me sitting at a computer for the majority of my work day.  Since I will no longer be at that job, it means that my forum presence will be drastically cut down.  It also means that this will be the last blog out of me for a while.

This community does great things, and despite the relentless amount of recycled memes and dumbasses that can come through here, you are some awesome muthafuckers.  Given that I still have a smartphone and a membership, I will still be able to use that combination to leave a comment or two here or there.  Beyond that, though, this is the part where you hoot, holler, and cheer, throw a party and celebrate the fact that I will be far less present.

I'll still be checking the site regularly for all of my news, reviews, videos, and of course, the Bombcast and NDX.  I just won't be holding that super high post count or throwing out blogs about how I have so many unfinished games...and a million other things.

It's been nice knowing you crackers.  Piece out, muthafuckers.
#2 Posted by choffy21 (1376 posts) -

Good luck, have Batman.

But really, good luck man. I hope it all works out for you.

#3 Posted by ajamafalous (12007 posts) -

Hopefully you find something soon.

#4 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

As long as you don't quit the forums altogether.

#5 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Later man, hope you find what you're looking for.

#6 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

You're a cool guy. Good luck with your future endeavors. 

#7 Posted by RoujinX (419 posts) -

Have fun at dinner.
#8 Posted by Raakill (870 posts) -

Good luck in your endeavors, success and big titty blondes upon you.

#9 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Good luck bombro. Hope you find a job doing something you love. Cowabunga dudes!

#10 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Why is your avatar of a robot?

#11 Posted by Tireyo (6421 posts) -

Ok!

#12 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

That was such a viewtiful post, it brought me to tears :'(

#13 Posted by EuanDewar (4963 posts) -

*Salutes*

#14 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

Hope you find a good job man! Youve been around here...about as long as i have lol. I remember when this site launched...i remember "How to build a bomb" phahaha. Oh man, the good ole days.

#15 Posted by Toxin066 (3290 posts) -

You always seemed a decent fellow. So long!...sort of.

#16 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Best of luck

#17 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6301 posts) -

Good luck man, I hope everything works out for you.

#18 Edited by mylifeforAiur (3485 posts) -

Ciao!

#19 Posted by rjayb89 (7724 posts) -

Hope you find yourself a voluptuous, big-tittied woman who loves showing off her breasts, bro.

#20 Posted by waitwhat (251 posts) -
good luck man, i wish you all the best.
#21 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

Take it easy dude.

#22 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Dueces, bro.

#23 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

Best of luck, man :)

#24 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

so you finally decided to tell us your name.... Josh

this is scary !

Like others said, i hope you find what you're looking for. 
And do me a favor. if you ever find that big tittied blondie,

make her call you Jay!

#25 Posted by Wyld (278 posts) -

Good luck sir
#26 Posted by waitwhat (251 posts) -
@mylifeforAiur said:
" Chow! "
ciao?
#27 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3485 posts) -
@waitwhat said:
" @mylifeforAiur said:
" Chow! "
ciao? "
Whoops...
#28 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

i always liked your profile picture...  u will be greatly missed (for now at least)

#29 Posted by TheJollyRajah (1576 posts) -

oh that sucks. you may not know me but i feel like ive known you for a long time. i lurk here often and you are part of what makes giantbomb.... giantbomb.
#30 Posted by TooWalrus (13218 posts) -

Quitting a job sucks... after awhile, but for the meantime, enjoy not having a job. 

Some advice: Now would not be the best time to start playing World of Warcraft again. That's what I did after I quit my highschool job, and I didn't go job hunting for over a year after that.
#31 Edited by jakob187 (21676 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: I've said my name a dozen times, sucka.  Shows how much YOU pay attention.  LOL

Also, thanks for the thoughts, guys.  With the way the economy and job market are, it's gonna be rough.  I'll manage.  If not, I'll just go live in the woods and be a wild Grizzly Adams muthafucker or something.
#32 Posted by TooWalrus (13218 posts) -
#33 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

We wish you the best in your future endeavors. Surely you won't leave us forever...

#34 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@jakob187:  not enough, thats for sure
#35 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Hope it all works out for you.
#36 Posted by Surkov (992 posts) -

Nothing like reading dramatic forum farewells. 

Good luck with whatever it is you decide to do. 
#37 Edited by jakob187 (21676 posts) -
@TooWalrus said:

" @jakob187: Also, and I just want to throw this onto the forums now on the off-chance that I'm right.

or

"
You've gotta be fucking high!  LOL  Although...if they want to offer me a position to fill Alex's void in San Francisco, I am not going to say no.

@Surkov: Go 16,000+ posts through the growth of this community and tell me a little drama isn't involved.

#38 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -
@extremeradical said:
" As long as you don't quit the forums altogether. "
Yeah dude, that would suck. I like recognizing other members who have been posting for a while.

But good luck with your future endeavors, sir. Have batman.
#39 Posted by Icemael (6326 posts) -

Good luck.

@KaosAngel said:
" Why is your avatar of a robot? "
It's Viewtiful Joe.
#40 Posted by Jeust (10679 posts) -

Good luck! Were you fired or are you changing jobs?

#41 Posted by Sweep (8869 posts) -
I remember back in the days when we would ride west with our cattle, buddies from ranch to sunset. You and I would pop bullfrogs, whiling away beneath the silken summer rays, a straw tucked precariously from your lip and a feather promiscuously draped from upon my hat, gifts that we had found and given. But those were not the only gifts we shared, far from it; for when the sun was tucked away and the moon sailed high, mighty, ploughing the starry waves; You and I would lie amongst the heather, stripped to our souls, and make tender love while the wolves watched on, our love echoing their ghostly howls.

It won't be the same without you :')
#42 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -
@jakob187: Godspeed.
#43 Posted by buzz_clik (6975 posts) -

It always takes a lot of guts to bite the bullet on this kind of decision, and it's admirable that you've taken that step; I've found a lot of the most important and rewarding moments in my own life come from diving into things that may seem scary at first.

Good luck, mate! I hope everything works out well for you and that you'll get the chance to return to Giant Bomb soon.

#44 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

#45 Posted by JJOR64 (19001 posts) -

Dealing with life comes first.  Good luck duder.

#46 Posted by guiseppe (2841 posts) -

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

#47 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

It's always sad to see an active member leave the community. Good luck in your future plans, hope to hear from you again in the future. 

#48 Posted by Milkman (16838 posts) -

You'll be back. They always come back.

#49 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3092 posts) -

I come out of retirement to wish you farewell. You were a great amount of fun on these forums. Also, more cursing should be taking place in memory of you. SHIT COCKING MONKEY FUCKS.

Ok, I will now go back into retirement.
#50 Posted by xyzygy (10008 posts) -

When you're able to post more regularly, make another blog and we can all have a party that you're back! Sad to see you go. Hope the wind blows the way you're running.